1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

zhamnov?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kuba, Oct 18, 2005.

1. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

sorry to start a thread on this loser, this pathetic idiot, who is in my pool!!!!

what happened to him? is he injured? espn/boston bruins web site has no report on an injury, yet, he hasn't played a game..

any one know?

2. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I got him on two of my teams. He's out with a shoulder injury, but the Bruins didn't put him on the injury reserve. There's no timetable for his return, but at the same time he could return anytime.

3. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

should be practicing later this week, but probably at least another week and half before he sees game action

4. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

'Peanut butter &' Zhamnov is in quite the sticky situation

5. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

I can't believe I picked him up and nobody got Eric Staal!

6. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Staal's the better option. Zhamnov might see some PPP when he gets back, but realistically, you have Thornton and Bergeron behind him on the depth charts.

I wouldn't hesitate to pickup Staal for Zhamnov, but that's my two cents.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

7. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

It's too late, we don't do waivers etc.

8. ginsu

ginsu TRIBE Member

from this site - great tool for poolies:

www.fanball.com

Boston Bruins
    C Alexei Zhamnov (Shoulder): Zhamnov has missed three straight games with a shoulder injury. According to the Boston Globe, he could be out until late October. (10/12/05)

this is 6 days old, but prob still accurate.

9. *SiLver*RoBoT*

Fanball sucks.

Most of their predicitons are always way off, or way too predictable.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

10. ginsu

ginsu TRIBE Member

Can you suggest a replacement then please.

The site is pretty thorough with updates etc.

11. *SiLver*RoBoT*

For updates, no one is faster then Rotoworld

The articles are blah as well, but you take what these sites have to predict for what it's worth.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

12. ginsu

ginsu TRIBE Member

^ thx man.

13. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

I would've picked Zhamnov over Staal as well, because come on, who would've predicted Carolina to do this well(so far).

14. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

who cares how Carolina will do... Staal will be their biggest point getter... as for Zhamnov... well, that's another story.

15. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Sure it does, their top point getter last season had 45 points.

16. Aerius Zension

Aerius Zension TRIBE Member

Forget Staal, who would've thought Sami Salo would be doing so well. In my Yahoo pool he's got the most SOG for a defenseman.

Another vote for Roto.

17. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

No way. Staal is hugely underrated. The fact that he is off to a great start shouldn't be coming as a surprise to anyone. He was always in line to get mountains of ice time. Besides that, he's a budding star.

Zhamnov was barely a blip on my draft depth chart.

ps> Another vote here for RotoWorld as the best website for timely fantasy news. Their "columns" are weak, but they have very timely and voluminous player updates.

18. patri©k

patri©k TRIBE Member

yeah... well.... things are different now.