1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Zero Percent Volume 2 - June 12, 2010

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by PAUZE, Jun 14, 2010.

1. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Not sure if anyone made it out to our second show from the board, but wanted to post a review either way.

For this event we used 224 Paliament, which is located at Parliament and Shuter. Not the greatest area in the world but our space was a giant loft style spacae with exposed beams and hardwood floors.

For our sound and lighting we had Mike Ryan from Tribe provide everything. He also added a few subs from Justin's rig for good measure. His regular lighting panel was mounted from the roof and on top of Justin's black curtains. By far the setup was the best I have seen from various events held at 224 Paliament.

The music overall for the evening was well balanced. We had a bit of deeper melodic techno/house in the beginning with Michael J Brown and Blair Williams. Amir Nian started up the tech-house nicely and Amir and Ricky Syfer followed suit. I came on after Ricky and played a harder edge of tech-house with a bit of techno influenced melodies. Hali came on after me and threw on some nice housey grooves which were sweet. Randall came on at 6 to finish off the party and he did a superb job giving the crowd their last dose of tech-house beats.

Overall the party was a huge success. We are already working on some ideas towards our next event. We are trying really hard to get something outdoors for the summer. Maybe Keatings or Sunnyside. We are also working the idea of some internationals as well. We thank you for your support and hope to see you at all of our future events.

Pauze

Videos from the event:

Amir Nian

[YOUTUBE]H68XTYzfl8E[/YOUTUBE]

Farshad - Vid 1

[YOUTUBE]sA_FxA_WPwc[/YOUTUBE]

Farshad - Vid 2

[YOUTUBE]6RO60O0sJnw[/YOUTUBE]

Hawie - Dancing

[YOUTUBE]d3Z_qTrO_lI[/YOUTUBE]

Pauze - Vid 1

[YOUTUBE]z5DUhJ13lME[/YOUTUBE]

Pauze - Vid 2

[YOUTUBE]XuRbqzT2BFU[/YOUTUBE]

Ricky Syfer - Video 1

[YOUTUBE]BhFYHUPfuBY[/YOUTUBE]

Ricky Syfer - Video 2

[YOUTUBE]1OEDF0Wk2_8 [/YOUTUBE]

2. Illuminati

Illuminati TRIBE Member

Didn't make it out to this event but I want to throw some props your way for pushing vibes in this city.

I also really wanna say that you need to stop posting initial event reviews for your own events...it's really lame.

3. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Lame or not, I want people to know how it went to come out to future parties. Maybe someone missed it because they aren't familiar with the name. Posting videos so they can check out the crowd. Were building a solid foundation here and we support this site for our promotions.

Pictures to come soon.

Edit: One last note I want to throw in here. We're a small company trying to make it in a city that is run by Guvernment and Footwork. As much promotion for our name as possible. I'll take it.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  4. erika

erika TRIBE Member

It's lame beyond belief.

5. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

He's trying.
    Any publicity is good publicity.

6. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

... at least this forum is getting some traffic :)

Keep meaning to check out these parties, but haven't been able to make it out yet.

7. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

psyrel was there. maybe she'll give it a review? ;) i know i won't. but kudos to pauze for gettin 'er done.

8. Psyrel

Psyrel TRIBE Member

Lol, it's true. I wasn't the only Triber in attendance either....

Not much of a review cause I was only there for a few hours to check it out really.

The space - very nice indeed. Expected something rather sketch given the area but it's downright classy. Wooden floors, tall windows, really nice high ceiling with exposed beams. I could see an art exhibit in there. The downstairs room is more modest but works well as a chill out area. It got downright stinky with all the smokers and little/no ventilation though.

The djs - only caught a bit of Amir and Farshad, they were ok. Syfer started off with promising bassy/tribally house tracks but then became rather generic. Wish I could have stayed later to check out Hali but I didn't want to have a late night.

The crowd - haven't quite figured them out. Definitely younger. Enthusiastic, polite and friendly enough. More nicely dressed than average. I think this may be the up-and-coming Toronto househead scene??

Um, what else. Lights and sound by MR, so no complaints. Very reasonable drink prices. I was impressed the bathrooms were cleaned and restocked and there was someone constantly taking away the used cups and garbage from the main room. Overall, the party had potential and I'd be up for checking out another Zero Percent jam.

9. erika

erika TRIBE Member

It is a great space and has hosted several deep house events over the winter/spring. It does have that art space feel about it doesn't it?

I'm surprised there was any smoking inside - anytime I've been there (I remember a rather chilly December 27) it was outside only.

10. azdinflash

azdinflash TRIBE Member

The reasoning I see behind it is to keep the noise level down. There was another party there (maybe a few weeks ago?) that had all kinds of crazies outside bouncing up and down and causing a ruckus, which ended up attracting the attention of the cops which came and shut down the night.

LOL @ Footwork being compared to Guv, in my years working there, I never thought we'd be a giant in the scene... ;)

11. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

You know in days past, maybe posting a review like this would be lame.

But I dont think there was any confidence without him starting it that ANYONE would post a review.

People had to be prompted to talk about Adam Beyer.

In this day and age, I say we junk the rule/shaming we apply to situations like this. Tribe could use the activity..;)

12. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Next one is in the works. I'm an oldschooler so I'm going to try and bring back a couple of oldschool names as well as bring in new fresh names. So sick of hearing the same frikking dj's every weekend. Were gonna mix up the lineups and keep things interesting.

Working really hard to get an outdoor event happening, more to come soon!

13. octo

octo TRIBE Member

this

i wasn't able to make it, but i want to give props for the effort too

14. Thrill_House

Thrill_House TRIBE Promoter

Thanks to all that came out to make this party a huge success, we definatley aim to do the best job that we can in creating an intimate, friendly, clean and safe enviorment to party in. I think most people would agree that there is simply a lack of quality underground partys going on in this city right now and alot of people really dont want to resort to going to guv, fw etc so we are trying to fill the void as best we can with top notch venues, music and people to create that vibe that we know many people are seeking. We are already working on planning our next event for July which should be in an even cooler venue then 224 Parliment, I cant release details yet but keep an eye on the upcoming events forum in the near future. So once again I would just like to thank everyone that was involved in making this party another huge success and I just want say stick with us guys because we have many more awesome events coming up in the near future.