1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Zero Percent - Volume 1 - April 10, 2010

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by PAUZE, Apr 13, 2010.

1. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Kind of lame to review my own event, but people need to know how it went so they can make it out to the next party!!

Party started at 10:00 pm with Michael Brown throwing down some groovy funk and house. 11:00 pm Blair Williams came on and threw down some beautiful groovy minimal beats. I played after that and started to move the momentum to a darker side. Jamie Kidd followed and the crowd started to pour in . Jamie threw down a sick minimal set layered with a bit of tech-house. Next up to bat was old schooler Kenny Glasgow who played his entire set on vinyl and also threw down one of my fav sets of the night. He destroyed it with all of the classics from back in the day! Maddy Frizzell came on next and pounded out the dancefloor from start to finish. Next was Branko, who continued to pound out the dancefloor! To end it off was Ethnologic a new duo who playe some of the sickest house you can find out there. The party didnt want to end as it was still pretty packed at 7 am. If we had more time, I'm sure we could have kept it going for a while..... Unfortunately the space was rented out for 9 am and we had to have it cleaned up.

Blair, Irena, Brandon, Lisa, Emily, Adrienne, Amira, Alex, Susanna and Prad, thanks for all of your help, without you this event would not have been possible!! Thanks to everyone who came out in full force to make our first party incredible, can't wait to start working on Volume 2!

Pics posted shortly.......

Pauze

2. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

OMG, I totally forgot to thank Ryan and Mark from Speaker-Club.com . They provided sound and light for the event. Their crew did an incredible job setting up and taking down.

If you are throwing a jam, use these guys. Super professional setup and take down. Lighting looks incredible and sound is crystal clear (Dynacord).

Thanks for your superb work!

3. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

4. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

two weeks in a row I show up late to the same space. dammit!
    :mad:

Got there at 3:30 and the headliner was already done, w.t.f.

an afterhours where the headliner ends at 3am?
    that's new to me.

Wish I caught kenny, been way to long since I've heard an all vinyl techno set.

sound and lighting was top notch. love that DJ booth.

5. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

With the events that transpired the week before, we decided to play it safe and have our headliners play earlier. Sorry about that! Next event we are going to get everyone a 2 hr slot and hopefully find a better space. If anyone has any suggestions, please forward them to me!

6. Thrill_House

Thrill_House TRIBE Promoter

Thanks to everyone that attended this event, it ended up being a huge success and we cant wait to put on the next one for all you guys so keep an on the up coming events forum in the future.

7. octo

octo TRIBE Member

i got there well before 2 and was pleasantly surprised to see the set times posted and kenny going on "early".

tech house is not really my thing but it was groovy enough. unfortunately the peeps i was with weren't really feeling it (it was their first time at an afterhours) and we ended up leaving a few records into kenny's set. there seemed to be quite a few people there who where at their first late night event.

too bad the dancefloor was covered in a non-dancing friendly tarp.

everyone running the event was really friendly. i got a copy of PAUZE's mix CD. i've been listening to it in my car the last couple of days. i like it!

8. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Thanks for the review octo, glad you had an okay time. We have a lot of ideas in th works for the next one. I really like the feedback as it will help to improve our events for the future. We are examining ideas like having voting on our site by the users as to who we will bring in each party....

Updates will come as soon as I get em!

9. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

funny story that happened to me at this party.

i'm up at the front, entranced by that beautiful turntable setup and this procky (preppy jocky) kid stares hard at me.

thinks he knows me and starts up a friendly convo. for some reason his chin was moving real fast back and forth :confused:

he then shows me his book of CDs and says he gonna try and 'get on' later.
    huh?
    ya, like just get on the decks later and spin. claims he has 13 years experience spinning CDs too.

Maybe he was on the lineup, but if he wasn't, I wish I stayed later to see him try to hop up on the decks and take control.

Lots of fresh faces like that.

Feel like Chris Rock and becoming the oldest one in the club :(

10. Thrill_House

Thrill_House TRIBE Promoter

Ha ha that is awesome, I wish I could have seen who this guy was. And yeah there is zero chance that any random dude is just going to be "jumping on the decks" at any of our parties, if he had of tried that then a few of the other DJ's and myself would have thrown his ass to the curb Fresh Prince of Bel Air style! :p

11. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

12. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

I have a bunch that I will upload shortly!

Thanks for that last one ken, it was indeed Kenny G, playing Green Velvet!

13. Buddy Holly

Buddy Holly TRIBE Member

Dj set up and light installation looks fantastic. (Mike Ryan) I am assuming.

14. mixupmixup

mixupmixup TRIBE Member

straight up..music was bangin. party was poppin.

that was a good look zero percent, big up!

15. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

Here's a few vids for everyone to look at. Sorry, they are quite short. Next time we will get someone to film it proper:

16. sasha_niveole

sasha_niveole TRIBE Member

this kid used to come to comfort zone every sunday and tell djs playing upstairs that he is on next. lolol