• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Zen Buddhism

Static EQ

TRIBE Member
Reading a book on this topic right now, interesting ideas.

Curious if anyone on the board has any input or experience on this topic.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

zoo

TRIBE Member
i watched "Enlightenment Guaranteed" last weekend

A german movie about two guys that go to a buddhist monestary seeking to learn the art of zen ...

that's about all i know

oh yeah, something something about motorcycle maintenance ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
"What is the sound of one hand clapping?"
"ummm one hand can't clap"
"You weren't supposed to answer that. You were supposed to be shocked into thinking... not speaking"
"ummmm"
"Exactly"

gasper

TRIBE Member
I'm doing an overnight stay at a Zen Buddhist temple on Japan's Mount Koya (Koya-san, near Kyoto) on March 6th. I'll let you know how what its like!

shanekingsley

TRIBE Member
Great Book: The Way To Inner Peace

check out this book. excellent. 1st edition had something like 500 copies donated to prisons across North America as free literature and there are many prisoners whom have felt that this book has taken them out of the downward spiral that was their life. Read some of the quotes from the prisoners in this link:

http://www.thewaytoinnerpeace.com/shell/main.asp?vSec=03

The book is available in libraries and chaptersonline

DJ_Science

TRIBE Member
Peter Levitt, from the book "Essential Zen"

Watemelons and Zen students
grow pretty much the same way.
Long periods of sitting
till they ripen and grow
all juicy inside, but
when you knock them on the head
to see if they're ready -
sounds like nothing's going on.

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
If you venture along the path of knowing all, you will discriminate what is wrong and what is right, what is meek and what is might. You will be the leader without error and wise only to yourself, unless with others you share your wealth.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sam

TRIBE Member
Re: Great Book: The Way To Inner Peace

Originally posted by shanekingsley
check out this book. excellent. 1st edition had something like 500 copies donated to prisons across North America as free literature and there are many prisoners whom have felt that this book has taken them out of the downward spiral that was their life. Read some of the quotes from the prisoners in this link:

http://www.thewaytoinnerpeace.com/shell/main.asp?vSec=03

The book is available in libraries and chaptersonline

No way!....I have a copy of this and I really got a lot out of reading it. It was given to me by a friend.

It wasn't as abstract as other books I've read on buddhism, and it was written really well with modern everyday life in mind.

Highly recommend it!!!

-sam