• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

ZANTA DOCUMENTARY - Finally!!

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
A little while ago a good friend of mine did a documentary about Zanta that he has finally posted on his website:

http://www.robotomedia.com/zanta/

He actually went to Zanta's house, spoke with some of his friends...

It's kinda sad. Zanta claims his character was created to get his daughter back, shortly after a really serious construction accident. The dude even goes to custody hearings in character. He seems like a really nice, genuine guy... It's just too bad he adopted this tactic as his way to regain custody of his child. Seems like it may be having the opposite effect.

I know there are a lot of Zanta boards already and everyone already has an opinion of the guy, but watch this short doc. You might be surprised.

YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!​

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
reminds me of

_40636699_rev_batman_pa.jpg

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
I see your friend has also branded zanta with a Zenith electronics meets Metallica fusion logo....not sure if that's the direction I would have taken it personally...interesting choice none the less

I'll have to watch this later....

SweatyNuts

TRIBE Member
Formatting and editing choices aside, just getting to see Zanta not in character (well, as much as he gets out of character) is pretty interesting. He's clearly crazy, but in a different way than you may have originally thought.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Too bad the documentary absolutely sucks, and is not in the slightest bit professional.

a) absolutely no use of professional dialogue recording. Feels like a home video.

b) did not address any of the key issues. No interviews with Toronto police, no information on his financial status or how he survives, no logical plot outline.

c) amateur camera work.

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
Was this someone's grade 10 Film and Video project??

That really could have been a 5 minute short @ the most... I could barely make it through 3 @ first, but forced my way through it.

Ughhhhh.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
He's still not normal, and I would react the same way if I was his mother (after suggesting he get help).

Is this about his daughter or a lonely guy obsessed with the rush he gets on the streets or all about doing something unique?

He may not be crazy, but he's got a distorted sense of reality... I bet he suffered minor brain damage.

newstyle666

TRIBE Member
Michlerish said:
He's still not normal, and I would react the same way if I was his mother (after suggesting he get help).

Is this about his daughter or a lonely guy obsessed with the rush he gets on the streets or all about doing something unique?

He may not be crazy, but he's got a distorted sense of reality... I bet he suffered minor brain damage.

I think that would be a reasonable assumption. Actually it does look a bit like manic-depression. My aunt is a manic-depressive, and would often act in a similar compulsive mannor.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
newstyle666 said:
I think that would be a reasonable assumption. Actually it does look a bit like manic-depression. My aunt is a manic-depressive, and would often act in a similar compulsive mannor.

He definetely seems really manic. Even when he is simply talking in his home about zanta, he's all out of breath because he's so worked up. Also has delusions of grandeur and stuff.

le bricoleur

TRIBE Member
why's everyone shitting on this film?
is it worth of Cannes? no.
did you want to watch some shit on Zanta? yes.
did you get to? yes.
that's enough for me.

b

Karim

TRIBE Member
le bricoleur said:
why's everyone shitting on this film?
is it worth of Cannes? no.
did you want to watch some shit on Zanta? yes.
did you get to? yes.
that's enough for me.

b

Agreed. For what they had, it's not bad. Not everyone can afford a boom mic, camera stabalizers, and a dat recorder, all of which they clearly didn't have for this film.

kaniz

TRIBE Member
Zanta's novelty has come and gone, and now he gets more attention than he deserves.

Toronto is full of crazy nutters - I'd rather watch a documentry on the blind guy with turrets who screams on the subway all day.

dicksherwood

TRIBE Member
He comes across as pretty normal except for the "yes, yes,yes" stuff...the constant repeating of those statements kind of create a crazy vibe

fear_of_fours

TRIBE Member
kaniz said:
Zanta's novelty has come and gone, and now he gets more attention than he deserves.

Toronto is full of crazy nutters - I'd rather watch a documentry on the blind guy with turrets who screams on the subway all day.

that guy used to sit at college and yonge he drives me crazy