• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Yummy cheap places to eat in Kensington

DEEPHOUSEGRL

TRIBE Member
The meat deli....not sure the name? but it's on Baldwin st.
They have CHEAP ($2) steak sandwiches and they are BIG, Marinated, and sooooo good!! So are the chicken sandwiches too!

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by DEEPHOUSEGRL
The meat deli....not sure the name? but it's on Baldwin st.
They have CHEAP ($2) steak sandwiches and they are BIG, Marinated, and sooooo good!! So are the chicken sandwiches too!
Now that's what I'm talking about! What does it look like?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

echootje

TRIBE Member
Just look around. you'll find something. Otherwise I've been dying to eat at the Jamaican place on Augusta below college. Apparently they don't do anythign jerk, mostly some traditional red snapper/fish dishes and some invented jamaican fusion food.

Rob

Booty Bits

TRIBE Member
exrboy, its the big delicatessen, right between cheese magic and the bakery with the same owners.
they also have burgers and really yummy debreziner (i think i just mangled the spelling) sausages for really reasonable prices.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
the last temptation is a nice wee place, right beside courage my love.

they have good brie and avocado grilled sandwiches. and good calamari.

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
i've never eaten in kensington before.... but i snack... i always go to the south american shops and get this deep fried pork and strawberry pop from ecuador... mmmm mmmm mmm.... if you keep the pork in the paper bag too long it falls through the bottom cause of the grase.... yum.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
If you have the cash, check out La Palette. Moderately expensive French cuisine, very tasty. Fantastic beer list (if you're into that sort of thing).

Yung Sing is awesome but out of Kensington. The empandanda places are tasty. Check out Lobster Island for seafood heaven. Not a restaurant though.

kriztian

TRIBE Member
European Meats on Baldwin is awsome
Kings Cafe on Augusta is really good if you want Vegetarian Thai food
Jumbo Empanada on Augusta makes the best Emanapda in the city
La Pallette if your looking for something fancy
Moonbeam Cafe if your looking for soup and sandwhich that is on St Andrew
Coffee is Casa Acorana which is on the corner of baldwin and augusta

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
Thanks guys. Went to that Deli place and got a Chicken Burger combo for only $4.50. Doublecross was there too getting the same thing. Heheh.

kriztian

TRIBE Member
What about Red Room on Spadina? That's a really cool (cheap) place too! [/B][/QUOTE]

It's a good place but just go a few doors north and eat at Johns Restaurnt one of the cheapest places in the city. All the specials are under 5 dollars. Mostly comfort food like fish and chips, Hot hamburger and fries and gravy.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I forgot the greatest cheap restaurant in Kensington, not to mention the best dim sum in the area, Saigon Pearl. How could I forget I don't know as they are the best.

DJ Doublecross

TRIBE Member
Yeah not far, if we get the place we're looking at then we'll be living at Queen's Quay + Spadina... still downtown, but I loved being a 5 minute walk from Kensington.