1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

youtube/realplayer downloading help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Dirty Girl, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

so the other day I was downloading youtube stuff just fine with realplayer. now today the download button wont show up, so i cant download anything. Or I should say it doesnt show up in firefox, but when i go into internet explorer it is there and downloads just fine.
    I did just (last night) install some effing update for adobe, could it have something to do with that?
    I have installed any updates for realplayer.
    realplayer is enabled in my plugins

FIX IT !!!!!

2. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

Join the Chrome Revolution, you won't be sorry! I now fart in Firefox's general direction! :p

3. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

well i read the chrome people had the same problem. it seems to be that fucking adobe thing. I cant find anything to tell me how to fix it. :(

4. ScottBentley

ScottBentley TRIBE Member

5. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

have you installed the latest updates for adobe? if it tries to make you DONT DO IT!!!!

6. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

Hey Mich :)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419/

go to this page ^^^
    and install IETab for firefox.

once its installed, go to the youtube site you want, and then click the little firefox icon in the bottom right hand corner of your browser.

it will change and turn into a Internet Explorer ' e ' and that will mean its rendering using the IE engine.

the download button should be active again, and you still get to use FireFox.

you may also want to make sure FF is fully updated.

let me know if it doesnt work.

[jai]

7. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

nevermind i discovered thru twitter that everyone is having this problem and realplayer is working on it.

8. glych t.anomaly

cool, could be a work around for you till they do though :)

[jai]

9. glych t.anomaly

cool, could be a work around for you till they do though :)

[jai]