• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Your Username

EltrikSoulCntlr

TRIBE Member
It was mentioned to me that an alias can generate a mental picture if you don't know or haven't seen a picture of said person. Mine is came from a Slotek song called Electric Soul Controller, but it also directly related to how I felt while at parties: like the electronic music had taken me over.What is the meaning or reason behind your user name? & If you changed it at some point why?

acheron

TRIBE Member
I think this is a timeline but I'm too lazy to go find the other thread. edit: thanks Eclectic!

acheron: (ash-er-on or ack-er-on) the name of one of the tributaries of the River Styx, in Hell, where the boatman Charon ferries his charges across during their transition to everlasting damnation; also the other name of the planet LV-426, where the derilect spacecraft was found in the movie Alien.

I also go by 'Big Daddy Hame' - Hame is a contraction of Hamish (Hay-mish), my actual first name. BDH was bestowed on me by geek friends in the 1980's when we were making up DJ names for ourselves as a lark. In my case, the name stuck and is doubly accurate now that I'm a father, and 6' 2" tall.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Caz

TRIBE Member
caz <---nickname since I was a wee lad

edit: originally 'Casper' because of the show (or my obsession with it) and morphed into 'caz' as time grew and I got older

Last edited:

Persephone

TRIBE Member
one day I farted and it sounded like my name (purrr-sefff-uhn-knee).

It was such a surprise, this phonic flatulence, that I decided it was kismet and persephone became my name.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I once told someone my name (Sachin) at a concert - possibly one of those free shits at the CNE that Treble Charger always used to play - and they thought I said Flashy.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
kyfe was a word me and a firend growing up used to use to describe things that were complete and utter crap,

in olde English it meant no good and I have a tendancy to be quite bad

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

finary

TRIBE Promoter
finary - from the trance act 'binary finary' whose production 1998 was one of the first trance tracks i heard at one of my first parties and is largely responsible for getting me interested in the genre (read: obsessed)

and i haven't changed it because i'm one of the few tribers who still loves trance and isnt afraid to admit it ;)

<insert trance in yer pants or omg tijs jokes here>

djglobalkiller

TRIBE Promoter
<---- dj name,

sorry for the unoriginality of it, but it seemed like the thing to do at the time , now i regret, for i cant hide behind a nickname :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories