• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Your 'theme' song

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
Hi there,

So I'm sitting around with some buds having a few beers, listening to some tunes when a particular tune is played. My friend gets all excited and says "Oh this is my favourite song! It's my theme song!". I had never heard the tune before, since it was a rock tune. Anywhoo, this led into a conversation about what everyone's theme song was. My buddies are all pretty substantial "rock 'n rollers" so they were able to come up with a song that they thought defined them.

Myself, I was at a loss for words. I honestly couldn't think of a techno tune, that i really felt attached to in a sentimental way. Ben Sims 'Remanipulated (Adam Beyer Remix)' came to my mind because its probably my favorite techno tune... but I mean, I don't 'identify' with it all. I'm a tall, white, skinny dood who grew up in Carp, Ontario... which is about as far away from 'latin' as you can get!

So yeah, my question is... do you have a techno 'theme song'??? And what is it?

peace
Rob

Technocratic Girl

TRIBE Member
soundtrack

Well...
Today when I got off the bus and walked to the metro- there was a car w./ what must have been large bassy speakers. I was so shocked to hear the bells track by jeff mills! It was so odd, I fully expected to hear ghetto style rap, but instead!!- it was techno.

It made me think of how much techno fits an urban landscape, and soundscape... i thought of detroit, it was cool.

I am looking forward to detroit (DEMF) this year.
I think for techno it is all about the atmosphere and urban or rural backdrop that goes with the industrial sounding tones. -Rather than a theme song, which usually has lyrics and sentiment.

! -Amanda

d.code

TRIBE Member
Yesterday when we were checking out this nice space- and the doc was sitting on the broken bmw, I couldnt get M4 by Murizio (sp) out of my head.

I dont think I have a theme song for techno. Its more of a mood?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
i don't think i could narrow it to just one, but if i had to take one track with me to a deserted island, or the dark side of the moon, it would have to be "quo vadis" by g man

Adam Duke

TRIBE Member
Apparently, Fattyp tells me that mine is Darude - 'Sandstorm'...

As far as reality goes, The Hi Tech Child - 'Tribal Storm' was the track that got me hooked on techno.

..But I'd be hard pressed to find a single track that 'defines' me , as i like so many various musical styles.

i'm jivin' on Smash TV's "Nobody" right now though....

@m.

Wulf

TRIBE Member
I guess if I had to choose one it would be Domina-Domina(Maurizio Mix) that is certainly the track that got me started on techno and I still love it and listen to it a lot.

matty

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hardtekfunk
Apparently, Fattyp tells me that mine is Darude - 'Sandstorm'...

As far as reality goes, The Hi Tech Child - 'Tribal Storm' was the track that got me hooked on techno.
Hey, good track; the Beyer mix is pretty tight. Tommy quo vadis is nice too.

I don't think I can answer this question.

Simplistik

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tommysmalls
i don't think i could narrow it to just one, but if i had to take one track with me to a deserted island, or the dark side of the moon, it would have to be "quo vadis" by g man
Good call
El Jem isn't bad either.

As for a theme song?
Like some of you said before, it depends on my mood for sure, but at the moment i'm somewhat torn between:
ricardo villalobos - panpot spliff
steve bug & acid maria - electro sex
&
technasia - force

peace

tommysmalls

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Wulf
I guess if I had to choose one it would be Domina-Domina(Maurizio Mix) that is certainly the track that got me started on techno and I still love it and listen to it a lot.
my second choice!

seeker

TRIBE Member
definitely a mood thing.

first thing i can think of is cybotron - clear, since i'm in an "up" mood and heading out tonight (shhhhhh sasha and digweed! :D)

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
If I ever need to get my groove on:

Man Made 'Spacewreck' on Fragile

Always makes it happen. There is no better track.

However if I'm sombre and mellow.

Norken 'Northern Soul EP B1' on Reel.

made for chillin'

Cheers
[odd]?[io]

Tech_Head_Rob

TRIBE Member
DJ Rolando - knights of the jaguar.
yeah, 'cause you know Doug you're from the D and it speaks to you in special way right? :p
I'm just playin'

Still, I can't come up with a theme song... guess my 'tech headiness' isn't hardocre enough
*shrug*