• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Your ONE favourite restaurant in Toronto

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Affordable restaurants:
Ichiban Sushi (downstairs of my building)
John's Cafe (Beverley Street, or McCaul, I can't remember)

And I love the 360 restaurant for something more expensive

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
Kings Palace

at richmond and sherbourne, the most authentic indian (muslin punjabi) food
i've ever had outside india

dirt cheap, nice guys, open 24 hours,

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Urban on King W
(except not during summerlicious)

Variety of patio/seating options, large portions, good specials, reasonably priced, good memories :D

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
wakipaki said:
Kings Palace

at richmond and sherbourne, the most authentic indian (muslin punjabi) food
i've ever had outside india

dirt cheap, nice guys, open 24 hours,
Cool.... I need to check this out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chaos

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
Mammina's
Wellesley just west of Yonge

An upscale but cozy atmosphere, excellent service, delicious Italian food (love the veal) and best of all, you can bring your own wine for a corking fee of only $5 or free if the wine is VQA.

Never had the chance to check this place out...Too bad, cause it's closed/closing down.

...so say's the sign in the window...

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Angkor Restaurant at Broadview and Gerrard I think (the China town over there). Its Cambodian food and its fucking awesome, I love their mushroom, coconut and shrimp soup and their beef salad.

The owner is quite the character and is hilarious, he comes out all funny like, looking like a muppet then goes back in the kitchen to make it all. One day he didn't have beef for the beef salad that we wanted so he actually ran across the street to get some. ahaha

He might be going out of business soon though as he hasn't been as busy. This is totally a place that I recommend people try out before there isn't any more time.

Last edited:

Chaos

TRIBE Member
montanamo said:
Lin Garden
Sheppard & Pharmacy
Indian Chinese
best food in town, great price
(order chili chicken, green beans, and house shrimp)
Awesome...I can't believe this little gem was mentioned.

Chili chicken fucking rocks!

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
Chaos said:
Never had the chance to check this place out...Too bad, cause it's closed/closing down.

...so say's the sign in the window...
Whaaaaaaaa?

Damn. That really sucks. :(

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
at this particular moment, it's LAI WAH HEEN, as i've been there more than any other single place in the last few months. high-end and creative chinese cuisine with white-glove service. and two can eat like kings for less than $100.

if i'm celebrating or in the mood to go all out, it's KAJI by a mile, for japanese tasting menu. in my opinion, best of the tasting menu options in the city.

for oysters, it's STARFISH; for lobster, it's the LOBSTER SHACK; for steak, it's RUTH'S CHRIS or HOUSE OF CHAN.

fuck, typing this post has made my stomach growl and my mouth water.

Chaos

TRIBE Member
AdRiaN said:
Whaaaaaaaa?

Damn. That really sucks. :(
Sorry dude, I live basically right beside it and noticed the sign a couple weeks ago....

"Thanks for 25 years......."

c.

praktik

TRIBE Member
El Sol on the Danforth (near coxwell). Great and AUTHENTIC Mexican..;)

Would be the Byrani House - but its closed now...:(

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Klubmasta Will said:
at this particular moment, it's LAI WAH HEEN, as i've been there more than any other single place in the last few months. high-end and creative chinese cuisine with white-glove service. and two can eat like kings for less than $100.
This is the place on Mt Pleasant right?

I keep wanting to go there but my Chinese food buddy is in Montreal.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog said:
Hurricane's between Dovercourt and Ossington. So sketch it's brilliant.
haha, I used to frequent this place on the regular many years ago. Does Dino(I think that was his name) still own the place? He had his hot young girlfriend waitress there. Sketchy is an appropriate term.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Kum Jug
Cheap, open all the time, excellent food, benn going 10+ years and the prices have not changed. The only con is you have to be a midget to use the unhygenic bathroom. Which I am.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Littlest Hobo said:
Kum Jug
Cheap, open all the time, excellent food, benn going 10+ years and the prices have not changed. The only con is you have to be a midget to use the unhygenic bathroom. Which I am.
That the place at Spadina and St Patrick? Sells the BBQ pork and rice for $4?

alcid

TRIBE Member
Vise said:
If money is no object... Splendido.
for sure – was just there last night. not something my bank account could handle more than once or twice a year though!