• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Your office/desk at work - pictures of family and friends?

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
This came up in conversation between a coworker and myself at lunch today, and I'm curious to see what the bulk of Tribe thinks.

Should you plaster your workspace with pictures of family and friends, or keep things strictly professional?

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
"Plaster" I'm not sure about. It's your workplace, not your 14 year old sisters Tiger Beat collage.

But I think a few pics of your loved ones is no big deal.

the gatekeeper

TRIBE Member
I didn't put anything up at my desk when I started here as I didn't think I'd be here that long, or want to feel like I was settling in. Now approaching 3 years later...:( Thank god I'm leaving soon.

I have a few random knick-nacks kicking around, but all I've acquired through work or given to me by co-workers, nothing I brought in myself.

AgentSanchez

TRIBE Promoter
For the record - I'm about the minimal workspace too. At least where non-work related stuff is concerned. My desk is a shitpile of paper and other stuff.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

undercover_girl

TRIBE Member
I do have a picture of my hubby on my desk - oh and a couple pics that co-workers have given me but for the most part my desk is clean, uncluttered and shares little about my personal life.

So professional is the way to go in my opinion. Leave the mess and Hello Kitty paraphernalia at home.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
I think having a pic of your loved one is totally lame. But that's cuz I don't love anyone. And could use the break from thinking about people I know.

Right now, I have a large pic of Stephanie Tanner up. No joke.

miller

TRIBE Member
i used to have a picture of my niece up...only because females coming in my office would think it was "sooo cute".

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
I have one wall of my cubicle area covered with work related notes and memos and resources I need handy. the right side is just some visual simuli of various cool designs like this Fukhouse flyer to keep my desk a little more lively and not so sterile.

no pictures though, and Im not a fan of those who have like 20 different pictures of their kids surrounding their desk. a couple, sure. but I dont want to look at your ugly redheaded step child at every visible angle of your desk.

Prickly Pete

TRIBE Member
i think every co-worker that has a kid has pictures... and i work in the "manly" construction environment... all the pictures I have up are pictures I have taken from previous projects I have worked on...

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
I don't have a single picture at my desk. Nothing personal here. That way I can just not come back if the cross me in any way and fuck them over.

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
Prickly Pete said:
i think every co-worker that has a kid has pictures... and i work in the "manly" construction environment... all the pictures I have up are pictures I have taken from previous projects I have worked on...

I have job pics up too...

and a butterfly, but its blue

kmac

TRIBE Member
I havve this pic on my wall:

That's it, but I can't imagine being fired/walked out and spending hours packing up all my shit/pictures/tchockes into a box. I'd just grab my Sean picture and be on my way.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
PRIMAL said:
I don't have a single picture at my desk. Nothing personal here. That way I can just not come back if the cross me in any way and fuck them over.
ooooh cold! I like it :)

Mine is very minimal as well. I like a clean and uncluttered desk. Just my two screens, phone, two small Ikea lights and a file holder.

I have a 6ft wide window too which rules.

ladee

TRIBE Member
I just have a pic of coworkers and myself that another coworker took and gave to me when she developed them. No family or friends stuff, can't be bothered to bring anything in.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
I have pix of my snowboard with it's stats, darth vader lithograph, 3 balderson cheddar packaging stickers, pictures of my 2 nieces and my sister and brother in law.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
groovespinna said:
no pics. I know what they all look like.
ditto. i never really got the whole personal picture at work thing.

that being said, my desktop is a pic of me crossing a raging river on an ATV in costa rica.

kat

TRIBE Member
at my old office a lot of the women had their wedding pictures on their desks. i always thought it was kinda lame.

a couple of ladies had fancy lamps and decorations and knick-nack shit all over the place.

i had a 'frogs doing weird stuff' calendar and a doodle my boyfriend at the time made for me.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories