• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Your most embaressing cosmetic/fashion mishap

Persephone

TRIBE Member
So it seems that this forum has been all about tips and advice, but I know we have our fair share of funny stories - after all, we've all had to do at least a little experimentation to reach our current beautiful states, no?

So this is the thread where you describe your most embarressing mishaps in the name of fashion.

Of course, I will start.

I guess this one is pretty normal, but when I first tried to wax my eyebrows on my own, I removed waaay too much hair to the middle of my right eyebrow (yes, I have a pseudo unibrow with a 5 o'clock shadow). So, as a results, I had really lopsided eyebrows for about a month. I don't know why I didn't just wax the other one to match, but I guess I feared that I would only make the situation worse.

Now, lets hear it from you!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
just recently...

i took home hair dying a little cock-sure... and i left in a WAY higher volume peroxide, with a high-lift hilite solution in my hair... for about 25 minutes longer than i should have.

:(

i think i lost about 2.5 inches off my (already short in some places) hair. my hairdresser cut off as much as she could without balding me - but the ends of my hair are still the consistency of carpet with acid spilled all over it.

i just keep wearing it up and praying for swift hair growth! i went from boob-length a few short months ago, to grazing the tops of my shoulders.

mahhh.

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
^
IMO, I don't think it looks so bad. Maybe a new hair colour with some streaks and it would have look ultra hot.

I have constant embarassing cosmetic moments.

Almost everytime I come out of a club/event, my eye make up smears.

I'm not even going to start with clothes.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
^^ I think you were thinking "this is a fucking cute haircut!" I like it. it's....quirky. :D

Last October I did feria home highlights (in a lower shade than normal due to the fall season) - however my hair was sooo light from being on vacation in the sun and salt water that the highlights ended up being a blue/grey color. I dont have a photo that expresses it well enough. I had to call the hotline. :(

when I was 20 I was home coloring my hair and ran out of product somehow. I ended up doing half my head and eventually cut my hair short, and I've been w/short hair ever since.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
I regret wearing oversized men's clothes through a lot of my teen years.
I regret wearing blue eyeshadow up to my brows for a couple months in gr.9.
I also way overplucked my brows, follwed by underplucking but now I think they're nearly perfect so it was a learning experience.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Nah... I am definitely growing my hair... actually, my hair is shoulder-length now, yay. :)
I just felt like I looked like a porcupine...

rubytuesday

TRIBE Member
KillaLadY said:
Nah... I am definitely growing my hair... actually, my hair is shoulder-length now, yay. :)
I just felt like I looked like a porcupine...
I had really short hair for a couple years. Everyone else liked it (and I like you with short hair btw) but I just felt ugly. My hair is really long now and while I have the occasional urge to chop it off I know I'd regret it after a few weeks like I always do.

ila

TRIBE Member
Basically, all of highschool.

"Hello dirty jungle rat. Nice beads and cargo pants. Are those K-Swiss?? You look like an asshole."

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
rubytuesday said:
I had really short hair for a couple years. Everyone else liked it (and I like you with short hair btw) but I just felt ugly. My hair is really long now and while I have the occasional urge to chop it off I know I'd regret it after a few weeks like I always do.
Thanks! :)

And DON'T CUT IT.
I am just like you, I patiently wait until hair grows VERY LONG, then I keep it like that for 6 months and then out of the blue I am like... oh, I need to cut my hair. Not only I cut my hair short, I cut it REALLY short - and then the circle continues.

I am NOT cutting my hair now though - not anymore, I have been in this circles way too many times and learnt my lesson - it definitely isn't easier with short hair, I actually find it harder to manage.

kate

TRIBE Member
ila said:
Basically, all of highschool.

"Hello dirty jungle rat. Nice beads and cargo pants. Are those K-Swiss?? You look like an asshole."
ROGER THAT ONE!!!

Except add nice sportsbra and yankees hat...and i think i favoured filas over K-Swiss.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
Welllllllllllll considering I went from a punk/hood rat to a goth to an outrageous candy kid to dirty junglist, I'd say those pre-teen/teenage years had me on some definitive worst dressed list.

miss riot

TRIBE Promoter
kate said:
ROGER THAT ONE!!!

Except add nice sportsbra and yankees hat...and i think i favoured filas over K-Swiss.

Nico showed me some pics of that. LOVVVEE IT! I'm with Ali on this though, I was alll over the K-Swiss. "it helps me dance better"

ila

TRIBE Member
miss riot said:
Nico showed me some pics of that. LOVVVEE IT! I'm with Ali on this though, I was alll over the K-Swiss. "it helps me dance better"
oh sweet christ.

I may or may not have told all kinds of people the same thing.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

kate

TRIBE Member
miss riot said:
That was for my "most aggressive rave look", my only excuse is that there is a very good chance i had taken several different hallucinogenic drugs prior to dressing myself.

I actually wasn't too bad before that in highschool...I think I was pretty cool I had luscious overalls in 1997 which was pretty cutting edge for Erin Ontario.

kate

TRIBE Member
Did anybody else favour the "toast of new york" or "coffee bean" lipsticks in about grade 9? Circa, oh, say 1993?

ila

TRIBE Member
kate said:
Did anybody else favour the "toast of new york" or "coffee bean" lipsticks in about grade 9? Circa, oh, say 1993?
doood.

toast of new york was my shit.

brown lipstick. deeeelicious.

ila

TRIBE Member
I did it in grade 8. my best friend and I wanted to be Cindy Crawford and we were all over the lipstick because we read it was her *most* favourite.

squirrely

TRIBE Member
about 5 years ago i tried to "streak" my hair with blondissima. i was making a mess of it so i thought, hey why not just do my whole head? i used to bleach out my inch-long hair all the time!

:D

of course i then tried to "correct" it but didn't fill first and ended up with kind of a smudgey faded pink colour. so hot! so so hot. my hairdresser almost murdered me. :p

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories