• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

your first concert.

ian

TRIBE Member
Neil Young & Crazy Horse with Sonic Youth Opening - Maple Leaf Gardens - February 14, 1991

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

greginhali

TRIBE Member
I went to this. Great show! Danzig fell off the stage. ST were excellent. And Metallica were incredible. Hearing One live on a rig like that was bananas.

I was at the show too! My brother and I were trying to hang in the mosh pit with the heavy dudes. At one point I looked down and found a switch blade in the dirt. Scooped it up and kept rocking.

defazman

TRIBE Member
Bare Naked Ladies
Princess Theater, Sault Ste Marie, 198something

Pretty sure my dad took me as an excuse to spy on my sister's first date.

djcheezwhiz

TRIBE Member
The Beautiful South at The Concert Hall in 1989. (I think that is the year but I may be mistaken. I cannot find a setlist online.)

This was their first concert after The Housemartins disbanded and some members formed The Beautiful South. 'Welcome to the Beautiful South' remains one of my favourite albums. Between Paul Heaton and Brianna Corrigan, they had two of the my favourite voices of all time.

Great show. If I remember correctly everyone kept chanting Happy Hour. Might have been 1990. A very cool first show (and a great album).

Although my parents took me to Johnny Cash my first solo show with one of my best high school friends was Depeche Mode and OMD at the Ex. Bought tickets from a couple who had friends that couldn't make it and ended up centre floors about 20 rows back. The orange Music for the Masses concert shirt was one of my fav concert shirts ever.

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Damn, I'm not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram so my life is very sheltered when it comes to news from the social media circle. This is why I usually just browse TRIBE because members like The Truth and underworld and a couple other Tribers keep me updated with which bands are going to be coming to Toronto for concerts.

Anyway, these 2 Tribers failed to inform me that The Cure tickets went on sale today for our new concert venue for a festival on June 11 and June 12 at Woodbine Park.

The Cure, Tame Impala to headline Bestival Toronto 2016 | Consequence of Sound

Fuck, it looks like I have to deal with the scum of the earth scalpers again if I want to get a decent pair of tickets for this festival. I've seen The Cure twice maybe 3times I can't really remember. Always a great time at their outdoor concerts! :cool:

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Damn, I'm not on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram so my life is very sheltered when it comes to news from the social media circle. This is why I usually just browse TRIBE because members like The Truth and underworld and a couple other Tribers keep me updated with which bands are going to be coming to Toronto for concerts.

Anyway, these 2 Tribers failed to inform me that The Cure tickets went on sale today for our new concert venue for a festival on June 11 and June 12 at Woodbine Park.

Fuck, it looks like I have to deal with the scum of the earth scalpers again if I want to get a decent pair of tickets for this festival. I've seen The Cure twice maybe 3times I can't really remember. Always a great time at their outdoor concerts! :cool:
It's a Festival. all tickets are GA. it can't be sold out yet ???

the reason i didn't advise on tickets is because i'm livid The Cure are playing Bestival, and not a solo show.
back to back Festival gigs here. brutal.

The Truth

TRIBE Member

I didn't bother since I'll be getting guestlist...

BTW, first Cure concert was Aug 1989 Prayer Tour at CNE Grandstand

Last edited:

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Mt first concert as in buying a formal ticket to watch a show was just in 2015 at Coachella. Mind you have have seen plenty of live music in clubs and bars and what not but call me crazy because my first formal concern was in 2015 lol.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
:

Check out the Bands in Town app. You can just plug in artists you like and you get a notification when they book a tour date in Toronto.