• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Your colon and you.

echootje

TRIBE Member
My roomate is about to go on a fast. He is of the belief that humans have a lot of harmful buildup inside his innards and that it's time for his body (colon) to rest for a bit. He wants to fast to clean out his intestines. I'm a bit incredulous as to this whole "years of toxic buildup" spiel I hear a lot about. Is it really a fact?

Rob

Stop Bill C-10

mingster

TRIBE Member
an enema will have the same result.

there's also a procedure you can do (the hollywood types are all into it) where you go have your colon flushed (and apparently lose 5 pounds instantly (!)). maybe it's called a colonoscopy? or a colon flushing.

ye! a colonic

fightingskurvy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by echootje
My roomate is about to go on a fast. He is of the belief that humans have a lot of harmful buildup inside his innards and that it's time for his body (colon) to rest for a bit. He wants to fast to clean out his intestines. I'm a bit incredulous as to this whole "years of toxic buildup" spiel I hear a lot about. Is it really a fact?

Rob

did he buy a 'colon-cleansing kit'

i always thought it would be cool to walk around the mall w/ one of those.

"hey all you dirty-colon-ed motherfuckers, mine's gonna be nice and clean very very soon"

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Colons are not dirty. They are ram-packed with a number of synergistic bacterial species that HELP YOU.

Would you think that rinsing out your stomach would be good for you?

"Okay, just drink these two litres of special stomach cleanser, then go puke it out. Repeat three times."

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
an enema will have the same result.

there's also a procedure you can do (the hollywood types are all into it) where you go have your colon flushed (and apparently lose 5 pounds instantly (!)). maybe it's called a colonoscopy? or a colon flushing.

ye! a colonic

What !!! this is true?? Someone told me this and i thought they were joking.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by mingster
there's also a procedure you can do (the hollywood types are all into it) where you go have your colon flushed (and apparently lose 5 pounds instantly (!)). maybe it's called a colonoscopy? or a colon flushing

<Scottish brogue>It's called a high colonic, which is like an enema, only higher.</Scottish brogue>

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
didn't they have this discussion at the dinner table in the nutty professor....? I wouldn't want anyone or anything poking around at my colon thank you very much....

OTIS

TRIBE Member
My girl is currently studying to get her degree as a clinical dietician. She says you should be doing this up to twice a year.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Your digestive tract contains about 5 pounds of bacteria... again, these are extremely helpful and necessary for your survival!

(Right now, on your hands and keyboard are approximately 10 million bacteria... and if you disinfect, within 3 hours, they are all back again....)

I really think people should all take a microbiology course, and learn about the invisible ecosystem that you are a part of.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by OTIS
My girl is currently studying to get her degree as a clinical dietician. She says you should be doing this up to twice a year.

Okay, look, you should have just thrown that matchbook out instead of phoning Suzanne Somers to get a college degree ;)

(They aren't actually teaching that this is good for you, are they? Do they recommend purging as well?)

wyrm

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd
Your digestive tract contains about 5 pounds of bacteria... again, these are extremely helpful and necessary for your survival!

(Right now, on your hands and keyboard are approximately 10 million bacteria... and if you disinfect, within 3 hours, they are all back again....)

I really think people should all take a microbiology course, and learn about the invisible ecosystem that you are a part of.

I was thinking about this while watching The Fly on the weekend.

Brundle would have been quite the multi-hybrid if every organism's DNA got fused.

echootje

TRIBE Member
Colons are not dirty. They are ram-packed with a number of synergistic bacterial species that HELP YOU.

Yeah, I knew that, I didnt think it was possible for things to 'store' in yer bunghole, because, afterall, it is (designed as) a one-way street.

Rob

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Yea, alot of her course involves microbiology, organic chemistry, and a taps into few other science diciplines.

I don't want to speak for her.. but she has some sound advice as to why it should be done.

lok

TRIBE Member
PostMod, bacteria are one thing, but your colonary tract is home to its fair share of parasites and toxins, which have nothing to do with your internal ecosystem and are especially prevelant given our artificial diets.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Okay, look, you should have just thrown that matchbook out instead of phoning Suzanne Somers to get a college degree ;)

(They aren't actually teaching that this is good for you, are they? Do they recommend purging as well?)

LOL

no but the recomend Leeches though!

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by lok
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I CANT STOP LAUGHING AT THAT JOKE OMG OMG k thx bye

it wasnt that funny, I was expecting something back in return.

WHY ARE YELLING

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I drank one of those sea salt/hot water concoctions to get out of an exam once ("Hey Doc, my stomach hurts" <listens to stomach> "stop eating whatever you're eating and go home and lie down"). You need to be close to a bathroom because that stuff takes no prisoners.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by lok
PostMod, bacteria are one thing, but your colonary tract is home to its fair share of parasites and toxins, which have nothing to do with your internal ecosystem and are especially prevelant given our artificial diets.

Bullshit. You can justify stickng things up your ass any way you want, but I am going to call you on your bullshit.

If you are colonized (ha) by parasites, you'd likely get them giving yourself a colonic and washing out the protective synergistic bacteria from your finely balanced ecosystem.