1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

your best music tutorials

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Taro, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

just wondering where everybody goes for their sound design...

the d. ramirez tutorials are good (even though they're for logic, and I use ableton) but the principles still apply.....just checking Ill Gates production videos (but I don't have the cash, although my parents would like spring for it - yes I"m a broke mofo)

2. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

3. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

4. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

5. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

As I've been focusing on my mixing techniques recently, I like the following resources a lot:

Grammy Winning mixing engineer Dave Pensado spilling all his secrets: Into The Lair - YouTube

I also like the Recording Revolution guy's 5 minutes to a better mix series:
    Vol 1: 5 Minutes To A Better Mix: Proper Gain Staging - TheRecordingRevolution.com - YouTube

Vol 2: 5 Minutes To A Better Mix II - YouTube

Vol 3: 5 Minutes To A Better Mix III - YouTube

Other good advice I have found by lurking on message boards that are out of my domain (i.e., house music production). I like visit thread where people people talk about mixing acoustic stuff, or microphones, or songwriters talking about composition and song structure. It gives insight into elements of music that never seem to come up on electronic music forums.

6. Taro

Taro TRIBE Member

7. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

I haven't checked these out as making music has taken such a back seat lately... but Slynk is making some of my favourite music right now so can imagine there is some useful bits here.
    Slynk - Tutorials YouTube Playlist

there are videos on drums, extracting vocals from original content, basslines, and all in Ableton.