• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

your all time fave tech tune

rentboy

TRIBE Member
if u had to pick your all time favourite tech tune, the tune that pretty much sums up the tech sound for you...

what would it be?

Mine...

Adam F-Metropolis

I'll never forget the first moment i heard this back when it came out... i sat on my bed stunned by the sheer brilliance of the intricate fusion of warpy basslines, stabbing fx and crunching breakbeats.

Everytime i play a set now, i always play this track... it sums up the early tech movement for me...and is a class example of an original track.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
VERY NICE chris...

that's one of mine....basically ALL of WORMHOLE,metropolis,here come the drums(the breakage re-work is KILLER!)shadowboxing...that's the reason im seeing DOC on the 14th!

tella

TRIBE Member
ed rush and optical - slip thru

1998/1999 was such an exciting year for me and for drum and bass. i can remember it like it was yesterday. i'm really not feeling all of this new tech-y stuff but the older stuff.....i'll never, EVER get tired of that.

p.s HI CHRIS! :)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tella
ed rush and optical - slip thru

1998/1999 was such an exciting year for me and for drum and bass. i can remember it like it was yesterday. i'm really not feeling all of this new tech-y stuff but the older stuff.....i'll never, EVER get tired of that.

p.s HI CHRIS! :)

Hey Nat. :)

For the last while i had a huge craving for all the early Metalheadz, Ed Rush and Optical, Doc Scott sound... It was what got me into it. and Yes, i am not really fond of the new stuff anymore.

I didn't think i'd ever grow tired of dnb (the new stuff)...altho, i still love the Blame sound.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
shadowboxing

shit bro... that song has left it's mark with me... was playing in the car the night me and one of my boys almost got shot in some freak car chase scenario.

trust me, Shadowboxing made that moment intensified times 1,000.

:D

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
shit bro... that song has left it's mark with me... was playing in the car the night me and one of my boys almost got shot in some freak car chase scenario.

trust me, Shadowboxing made that moment intensified times 1,000.

:D

dude...I have a ticket to doc scott/destiny jam with NO one's name on it...interested?? ;) ...that's the reason im hittin it...I NEED a Doc Scott set BAD simply for the fact that he'll drop a few classics from the metalheadz era!...to me personally, that's what DnB sets are missing these days,a few classics dropped in for good measure!...

I see music like a blockbuster video, NO reason why you can't go to the back catalogue shelves and pull something essential out and play it with the lastest offerings...chances are you'll pull something better off the old shelf

g0nz0

TRIBE Member
CHAMPION SOUND - qproject (and the bc remix) - BOH!...man i love this tune, and will play it at my wedding.

and i agree with platinum vibes - MESSIAH is fukin wicked!

seeker

TRIBE Member
Not fully tech-step, but a nice segueway between something jazzy or liquid and something bangin:

EZ Rollers "Tough At The Top (Origin Unknown Remix)"

Fuck I love this tune. :)

rentboy

TRIBE Member
dude...I have a ticket to doc scott/destiny jam with NO one's name on it...interested?? ;) ...that's the reason im hittin it...I NEED a Doc Scott set BAD simply for the fact that he'll drop a few classics from the metalheadz era!...to me personally, that's what DnB sets are missing these days,a few classics dropped in for good measure!...

I see music like a blockbuster video, NO reason why you can't go to the back catalogue shelves and pull something essential out and play it with the lastest offerings...chances are you'll pull something better off the old shelf

Damn, that's tempting mate...plus managed to miss u at the Bailey/Goldie session... problem is i'm not in the city right now... so chances are slim.

but yeah, i'd love to see Doc again (saw him at that Delirium/AWOL party years ago)...sick set.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Damn, that's tempting mate...plus managed to miss u at the Bailey/Goldie session... problem is i'm not in the city right now... so chances are slim.

but yeah, i'd love to see Doc again (saw him at that Delirium/AWOL party years ago)...sick set.

oh yeah man...that deleriium jam the newz will always go down as one of the reasons i will ALWAYS be out to party!!...matrix/doc scott/ray Keith...one of my biggest memories was during that Scott set:)

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by twist
kraken - side effects

nice stuff!...I still from time to time get in that underfire recordings mood and bust out!...good call, same with all the stakka.skynet/konflict era stuff

rentboy

TRIBE Member
nice stuff!...I still from time to time get in that underfire recordings mood and bust out!...good call, same with all the stakka.skynet/konflict era stuff

word.

Side Effects was a massive tune for me... fond memories of hearing it in the back room of System...

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
word.

Side Effects was a massive tune for me... fond memories of hearing it in the back room of System...

it always hits me on DSL's system upgarde CD....smoooth transistion into Jonny L's selecta...FUCK I LOVE DRUM AND BASS!!

easily my favorite MIX ever...hard,fast,and dirty :D