• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

You'll probably like this film...

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Rocky

TRIBE Member
The World Leader In Movie Rental Suggestion Technology

Worked quite well for me. Suggested a lot of films that I really like.

Funzo

TRIBE Member
It sort of works, the first 10 films it reccomended I had already seen, but I liked them. Just I don't usually rent the same film twice

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
secretary - i liked that one

when i asked it to recommend a movie that's the opposite of what i usually go for (i don't know why i'd want to watch 'em but thought i'd see if it was right) it recommended a movie i said i have NO interest in seeing and would never rent. cool.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
First movie it recommended for me is one of my favorites.

Fight Club

Let's see if it's as good as it thinks it is when I rent one I haven't seen.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
after about 25 movies id already seen it picked

satyricon-a fellini film i haven't seen yet...i will rent tonight.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
me too!

i bet it just contains tons of really popular movies that everyone will like.

I'm sure there's a statistical method to it or it wouldn't work ... the questions obviously steer towards specific movie types etc.

But the question is whether or not it picks the popular movies YOU like for YOU. there are a lot of popular movies that I don't like. It picked Chasing Amy for me and I love that movie. Also recommended The Man Who Wasn't There - haven't seen it but looking at the cast I'm intrigued. [Loving Frances Dormand, man! SHe's wicked! Anyone see Laurel Canyon? Awesome movie. Really impressed.]

As mentioned above, I asked for a movie opposite to what I'd usually watch, which I think is a real test, and it gave me Black Hawk Down. Maybe it's a coincidence - sure it is I guess - but I have been very vocal about totally not wanting to see this movie. thought it was pretty cool.

seems to be in line with my tastes and gauges mood well too. It's not a trick ... it's a type of formula.

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
I'm sure there's a statistical method to it or it wouldn't work ... the questions obviously steer towards specific movie types etc.

But the question is whether or not it picks the popular movies YOU like for YOU.
Yeah...I'm sure that that's what they use the feedback for. When you rent a film that they recommend, you are supposed to provide feedback as to whether you liked it or not. This will refine their list of movies for YOU.

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
went through about 10 picks and of the 8 I'd seen it picked one I loved (Deer Hunter), 3 I liked well enough but not passionately, and 4 that either mildly or completely annoyed me - Adaptation, American Beauty, Fight Club, Punch Drunk Love

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
crock of SHIT!

gee...don't get TOO obscure on me:rolleyes: ...I had to click seen it at least 30 times to get one that I haven't seen...I thought when i filled out the info and got fellini's 8 and a half I was so amazed!...then came the onslaught of ridiculously classic and MUST SEE flicks that are even obvious to people living in caves...not only that but when I put watch popcorn,feel good fun, not too depressing and a NORMAL viewing etc I got SECRETARY!!

WTF??:confused: ...I'll admit it's interesting but not for me...I thought they would have pulled at least 1 oddball title out:(