• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

You know you've got a keeper when....

Sunne Dee

TRIBE Member
when he drives 40 mintues to be with you for 2 hours, tucks you into bed and kisses your face sweetly for half an hour, tells you he loves you and slips out quietly while you lay there in bliss.

when you feel that he truly believes in you.

*swoon*

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
i know i've got a keeper, cuz he:

- often sends me songs that he thinks i'll like, or that remind him of me.
- fills my car up with gas cuz he wants to continue seeing me a lot, and i'm broke, and he doesn't want me to be worried about how much gas costs to visit him
- loves to hold my hand
- sends me a 'thank you' email every time* we have a date or do something together. *except one time - and in 6 months - that's a pretty darned awesome track record
- seems to think *he's* lucky to have *me* in his life!
- is incredibly communicative, and tells me how much i mean to him and how much he appreciates me on a regular basis
- always opens the car door for me
- is still making me smile every day - 6 months in - despite a rudely complicated situation
- enjoys silly things like ikea's swedish meatball lunch as much as i do
- is incredibly patient with my [all too regular] relationship freak-outs and baggage
- likes me just the way i am, and doesn't want to change me, and doesn't want me to do anything different to 'suit' him.

(i knew there was a good thread for me to blather on about my guy!! thank you 'search' function!)

jus me

TRIBE Member
he does things when i don't even ask him to. ie: make the bed
tells me i'm beautiful when i'm fussing
wants to introduce me to the family! :eek:
is thoughtful and sweet
and on-time!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by grumblegirl
i know i've got a keeper, cuz he:

- often sends me songs that he thinks i'll like, or that remind him of me.
- fills my car up with gas cuz he wants to continue seeing me a lot, and i'm broke, and he doesn't want me to be worried about how much gas costs to visit him
- loves to hold my hand
- sends me a 'thank you' email every time* we have a date or do something together. *except one time - and in 6 months - that's a pretty darned awesome track record
- seems to think *he's* lucky to have *me* in his life!
- is incredibly communicative, and tells me how much i mean to him and how much he appreciates me on a regular basis
- always opens the car door for me
- is still making me smile every day - 6 months in - despite a rudely complicated situation
- enjoys silly things like ikea's swedish meatball lunch as much as i do
- is incredibly patient with my [all too regular] relationship freak-outs and baggage
- likes me just the way i am, and doesn't want to change me, and doesn't want me to do anything different to 'suit' him.

(i knew there was a good thread for me to blather on about my guy!! thank you 'search' function!)
so, um... how are you are keeper to him?

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Liquidity
so, um... how are you are keeper to him?
i let him cum on my tits, of course. :D

but seriously - i'm not entirely sure - basically, i try to show him how much he means to me, and how i appreciate him, as much as possible. the crazy boy seems to think i'm awesome, so i guess i'll just keep being me and doing what i do naturally, as it seems to be working.

[i also bring him surprise ice cream sammiches, so maybe it's that. ;) ]

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

outofcontrol

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
Ya, where are all these guys?

You've met them. You know them. You've shot them down. Probably dozens of times. They are those 'nice guys' who you just want to be friends with. The ones that are realy nice and all, but just don't 'do it' for you. You went for the guy who was really confident really didn't give a fuck... till you realized he was so confident because he was banging your best friend, and his care free attitude also meant he didn't give a fuck about you.

Every guy... EVERY SINGLE GUY on this board knows what I'm talking about. They have been called the 'nice guy', watched some girl they like with a complete asshole, watch them get hurt, or even been the asshole themselves, cause it works! I've done it myself. I played the part, acted the ass, and even was a dick at the beginning with my current gf who I've lived with for the last 2 years.

Girls don't want nice guys... at least not at first. Some girls go for nice guys now, only because they got fucked over - but they too dissed the nice guy at some point.
hammer on nail.

werd.

lobo

TRIBE Member
When you're banging her from behind and she turns her head around and says "aye pappiiiiiii". :D

Lobo

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I know he's a keeper when I got really drunk on Friday b4 meeting him at the club. He had his arm around me all night, making me laugh, then walked me home and bought me some (non alchoholic) drinks along the way... In the morning he asked me if I remember stepping on his feet all night?

I say wha? Then I talked to my girl who proceeds to tell me how smashed I was, and all the crazy stuff I was doing, and how M. was a good guy for keeping me together all night... ;) lol. I asked him later he proceeded to tell me some funny details indeed.

I knew he was a keeper when he just laughed in the morning and said I was funny the night b4.

He seemed surpised when I climbed out of bed, and proceeded to make us super duper breakfast wraps. I wandered why he kept asking me if I had a headache :p

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Boo
Ya, where are all these guys?

You've met them. You know them. You've shot them down. Probably dozens of times. They are those 'nice guys' who you just want to be friends with. The ones that are realy nice and all, but just don't 'do it' for you. You went for the guy who was really confident really didn't give a fuck... till you realized he was so confident because he was banging your best friend, and his care free attitude also meant he didn't give a fuck about you.

Every guy... EVERY SINGLE GUY on this board knows what I'm talking about. They have been called the 'nice guy', watched some girl they like with a complete asshole, watch them get hurt, or even been the asshole themselves, cause it works! I've done it myself. I played the part, acted the ass, and even was a dick at the beginning with my current gf who I've lived with for the last 2 years.

Girls don't want nice guys... at least not at first. Some girls go for nice guys now, only because they got fucked over - but they too dissed the nice guy at some point.
My experience with perceived assholes is that some of them are actually nice guys once you get to know them.

Kind of like how there are women who dress slutty but don't sleep around.

It's an appearance. Guys who are truly assholes lose out in the end.

Signed,
the girlfriend of the guy who named himself "rude1_247"