• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

You know you used to be a raver WHEN...

JESuX

TRIBE Member
- You take an ephedrine in the morning rather than drinking coffee like a normal person.

- You specifically ask to have a tape deck installed at the car stereo place.

- Your key chain is fucking mammoth.

- When recounting tales of your past adventures, your friends are named "Bubbles" and "Liquid Steve"

- 90% of your photos from the past few years have a black background.

- You have copious amounts of photos that are "un-viewable" for your "new" friends' eyes.

- You still have people you haven't seen in years scream out your old nickname if they see you walking down the street.

- You've gained 10-15 lbs because you "just don't move as much as you used to"

- You have an alarming collection of "white gloves" in your closet.

- You have a thread in the "buy and sell" forum, listing your turn tables that are for sale. :p

Alright, now keep the list going! That's just a few of the things I could think of... I realized that no matter how much I've "matured" or "grown out of it" I still have undeniable clues that give away my past as a "raver"... Try it, it's fun.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Caz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JESuX
- You take an ephedrine in the morning rather than drinking coffee like a normal person.

- You specifically ask to have a tape deck installed at the car stereo place.

- Your key chain is fucking mammoth.

- When recounting tales of your past adventures, your friends are named "Bubbles" and "Liquid Steve"

- 90% of your photos from the past few years have a black background.

- You have copious amounts of photos that are "un-viewable" for your "new" friends' eyes.

- You still have people you haven't seen in years scream out your old nickname if they see you walking down the street.

- You've gained 10-15 lbs because you "just don't move as much as you used to"

- You have an alarming collection of "white gloves" in your closet.

- You have a thread in the "buy and sell" forum, listing your turn tables that are for sale. :p

Alright, now keep the list going! That's just a few of the things I could think of... I realized that no matter how much I've "matured" or "grown out of it" I still have undeniable clues that give away my past as a "raver"... Try it, it's fun.

3>

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
tumbleweed_parachilna.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
I was never a raver, but when I shit my pants, I just keep on dancing, because I'm a partier.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Jess waits 5 minutes for a post and then freaks out that no one's responded yet?

You know you used to be a raver WHEN....

...your attention span is still like, zero, even when you're, like, OLDER and stuff...

tablist

TRIBE Member
- When you carry your records where ever you go, just in case they have tables.

- When running into a bubbles, or a liquid steve, you you realise you don't know their real names at all.

- When you stumble accross a shitload of old tribe magazines that you have no idea where they even came from sitting in your moms basement.

- You have several bags of tapes in general.

- you try to recall what it was like "back in the day", but your brain is too fried.

- All your old dancing shoes are destroyed in the same pattern from dancing in them for ten billion hours.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
-you post on tribe about your hearing damage and everyone sympathizes and compares their problems to yours

-your friends are looking through your old photo albums and comments you should buy a new camera your old one gives everyone red eye

-you join a gym because your coreer is now making your fat

-your drug of choice is booze,

-you won't go anyware that allows under 19'ers in because they won't be serving.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by acheron
Jess waits 5 minutes for a post and then freaks out that no one's responded yet?

You know you used to be a raver WHEN....

...your attention span is still like, zero, even when you're, like, OLDER and stuff...

The funnest part of all of this is making fun of myself. Ohhh, the memories.

(i really do have no attention span)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
- you still long for a decent ring pop
- you wonder where the people went at the NE corner of queen & john
- you can't understand half the writing in your 'book' s
- you have snug, geek boutique, or fiction in your closet
- if you're a girl you own a pair of luscious overalls and they may still be around your place, somewhere

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
This thread is funny, poo on you snotty folkes saying go back to the hulla board, you must not have raved back in the day. '94 (form me anyway)

-you find random funfur clothes stored at your parents house

-skirts that were so short they would fit as a tube top

-femer glow in the dark jewlery that has the letter E on it or other random things that you aquired with the letter E written on it.

- a collection of childerns back packs such as; Barbie & Cherrios.

-strange artwork created while under the influence and submitted for art class

-old Sniper & Domink tapes can't forget the Better Days double pack collection.

-gas masks with the letter E spray painted on it.

-you have collection of Pez dispensers

-you own big feathery pink Boa

Last edited: