• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

you got CENSUS'D-ED!

Thumpr

TRIBE Member

...in my mailbox tonight, the damn 2B long-form census. it's as thick as a People magazine!

what do you think? should i complete it, or "COUNT ME OUT!"?

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
and it's true!

but i also liek:

cofefe
m3p
teh prak

don't they have a right to know that?

p.s. lol@sharpie

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
no, just caek.

and maybe a picture of a slice. With a big glass of pie-monade to settle the tummy afterwards.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
You know, once when I was a teen, I did in fact take a temporary summer job as a door-to-door census-taker person...

and yeah, there were several of Those To Be Enumerated who looked at you like they'd rather take a shotgun to your head.

So yeah, good job for teens and old people, I suppose....

cristal

TRIBE Member
got the simple form this time. Thank goodness. But on the other hand you can do it all online now so it's not so labour intensive.

On the long form you can write in "caekr" as your self-identified race.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i got this e-mail today:
OK,
If you get a Canada Census envelope in the mail could you please do me one of these 2 favours?

1. Give the envelope to me. Keep it and I'll get it from you. (somehow)

2. Write/type a note that expresses that you are not comfortable with Lockheed Martin coming into Canada and getting their grubby paws and our sensitive and protected information. Put it in the envelope, seal the envelope and mail it. They're paying.

Don't fill out the Census, but don't throw out the return envelope.

-------------
Unclear? Read below.

Lockheed Martin (the worlds largest manufacturer of weapons of mass destruction) won the Canadian contract to spearhead Census Canada for 2006. Under the American Patriot Act the Bush administration is entitled to acquire our personal, sensitive and protected information for whatever reason they choose.
Let them know that you don't agree with this. If enough people do this, they'll get the message. And it'll cost them money.

starr

TRIBE Member
um, what?

do you have any other information than that blurb?

edit: forget it, i googled it, they just provide the software and hardware
i'm over it

Last edited:

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
If you are bilingual, it's almost a good idea to put yourself down as French only so that french services dont disapear.

Right now if you mark yourself as bilingual, the guvernment counts it as 50% english and 50% french, and end up grouping you into english when tallying the results for available services and creating budgets.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:
If you are bilingual, it's almost a good idea to put yourself down as French only so that french services dont disapear.

Right now if you mark yourself as bilingual, the guvernment counts it as 50% english and 50% french, and end up grouping you into english when tallying the results for available services and creating budgets.
Oh god.

Everyones gone retarded in here.

must be all the caek.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
dicksherwood said:
This scares me

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this article are the sole responsibility of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the Centre for Research on Globalization.
Fiction presented as fact is often scary, but the reality si nowhere close to the fiction that is being presented in the first link. Additionally it must be noted that these people don't even believe there own contributers and aren't willing or able to back any of there editorial comments up.

Basically its a little less trustworthy than a grade 8 research paper.

dicksherwood said:
This makes me feel better
Question 8 in the Short Form and Question 53 in the Long Form are the same question. This question will give Canadians the ability to decide whether they want their personal census information publicly released for historical and genealogical research after 92 years. This change is in keeping with the privacy principle that everyone has the right to decide how their personal information will be used.

For those who give explicit permission, Statistics Canada will transfer their information to Library and Archives Canada in 2098, which in turn, will make it publicly available. For those who do not give permission, their personal information will not be transferred.
Personally I just don't have an issue with this or with the fact that contractors are providing software hardware and printing. I think that maybe some of the more re-actionary sites out there needed something to bitch about and a lack of real information left them to speculate insanity rather than reality.

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:

actually, since i work for the french-language ministry of education, we discussed this and received word that this is NOT TRUE. they take several factors into account when counting francophones, not just ONE question. it's actually to everyone's advantage to answer honestly (go figure).

jared k

TRIBE Member
The Watcher said:

this myth has been circulating for a while. call the census board and they'll tell you that french service allocation is based on your mother tongue, not how often you speak it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders