• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

York U jews vs. Palestinians

York U student council have always been bickering for a long time, I'm just surprised that took this long to get to this level, cause it was bubbling underneath when I was there.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
This incident actually was fired up by some Palestinian students putting up a (unauthorized) banner in Vari Hall.

A few Jewish/Israeli students thought it would be a (funny?) good idea to wave the Israeli flag about.

The way i see it, the Palestinian's are asking for their asses to be kicked, considering the HUUUUGE jewish population that attends the university, and also the fact that 2 York University Alumni's have died recently in bombings in Israel, thanks to the palestinian terrorists, that think it's a good idea to blow things up to prove their points.
 

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
I can't say I'm surprised. That whole place is rather messed up. In one corner, you have the wanna-be revolutionaries who hate dad's capitalism and think they're living under a fascist state. In the other corner sits those who think the Right can do no wrong. That place has become a serious joke! I am so glad I chose to continue my studies elsewhere and avoid dealing with these twits!
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
The way i see it, the Palestinian's are asking for their asses to be kicked, considering the HUUUUGE jewish population that attends the university, and also the fact that 2 York University Alumni's have died recently in bombings in Israel, thanks to the palestinian terrorists, that think it's a good idea to blow things up to prove their points.
Out of curiosity, Tesserect.. do you belong to either faction, whether in the University or in a more general sense?
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
Neo Marxist hit it on the head quite nicely actually :) Well said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks dude! It's sad what is happening at York. It's become the poor man's Berkeley -- which is sad since the place is endowed with excellent faculty members.
 

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Round 2!
FIGHT!


ugh....
Why must these fucktards always fight on school property?
I've been going to Dork U. for four years now (this is my final fucking year).

As a poli-sci. student I can only laugh at these fucking morons. If it were up to me I'd ban all these stupid useless, hate spreading groups from campus.

We have like 5 different groups just for Christians!

WTF

My education should be secular! I don't want to be bothered with this stupid shit. The university is soooooo fucking biased - we like to claim that York is a leftist school that seeks some form of social justice...BULLFUCKINGSHIT.
 

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
hello you're in fucking Canada!
how about you at least pretend to be civilized.

I really don't understand all this Isreali palistinian shit... why is it so fucking difficult for these idiots to live together?
 

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Well let's see....
I'm french canadian....
so that makes me not a jew...
nor does it make me a palestinian...

So i guess i belong to neither faction!




My viewpoint is purely rational and statistically based.
There's what?... 10 jewish students for every 1 palestinian?

Protesting against something in a venue that's filled with those that you are protesting against, is like being a mouse, trying to get the cheese in a room filled with cats.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
This incident actually was fired up by some Palestinian students putting up a (unauthorized) banner in Vari Hall.

A few Jewish/Israeli students thought it would be a (funny?) good idea to wave the Israeli flag about.

The way i see it, the Palestinian's are asking for their asses to be kicked, considering the HUUUUGE jewish population that attends the university, and also the fact that 2 York University Alumni's have died recently in bombings in Israel, thanks to the palestinian terrorists, that think it's a good idea to blow things up to prove their points.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmm ... I don't think any group should be silenced from voicing their opinions on campus simply because one side enjoys a stronger presence number-wise. Besides, not every Jew idenitifies with Israel. Nevertheless, a university should be about the free exchange of ideas. While I wasn't there and don't know the full story, it seems to me the pro-Palestinian side should have shown prudence in their actions given the recent deaths of York alumni at the hands of suicide bombers. Of course, if the pro-Palestinian side voiced support for suicide bombers in their banner, then they should have their asses kicked. But as I said in my previous posting, the place has become polarized between Left and Right extremes. It's all so absurd.
 

Hamza

TRIBE Member
The comment about palestinians being in the wrong because two alumni have recently died is stupid and flawed. Do you want to consider the number of arabs whose lives have been disrupted by this fued? How about those that were abused by the IDF - not because they were terrorists, but because they were Arab. They aren't alumni, they are current students!

There is NO moral highground in this case, so don't try and make one.


The school should just ban these groups given the fact that in my four years they have done nothing but fuel the flames of hate.

As a secular person who is pro human rights, I wish that both sides would get past the stupidity and try to come up with some solution to the mess. This is Toronto, not the fucking Gaza Strip (which would be a cool name for a strip club...Gaza Strip!).

End Rant.


I hate York
 

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member
There were some signs around my school before xmas. me and a freind both on student council were going around and clearing up the boards. We weren't sure what to do with the posters so we left them up just bc if we took them down they might think that we took them down bc of the war, but if we left them up then taht wouldn't be fair to the other students' posters that we took down, so we didnt' know what to do.

we just decided to take them down.
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
hello you're in fucking Canada!
how about you at least pretend to be civilized.

I really don't understand all this Isreali palistinian shit... why is it so fucking difficult for these idiots to live together?
The dissent & activity of both groups is not as idiotically primitive as Tesseract describes it, allot of these groups are just flexing their democratic voice & organizational political will in an institution that encourages people to get passionate about causes & ideals. A common side effect however, is that all the passion is there without the discipline or tact -groups are just interested in screaming the loudest regardless of whether what they're screaming gets across to anyone.. so what you essentially have is what is commonly perceived by the regular students a circus or clown show. BUT, the allowance of such activity, although disruptive to some serves the particular purpose of creating the discipline & tact crucial in enacting positive change towards their cause. Arguably that’s not always the end result, but the allowance of open protest & dissent is there for that reason.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Neo-Marxist
Originally posted by The Tesseract
This incident actually was fired up by some Palestinian students putting up a (unauthorized) banner in Vari Hall.

A few Jewish/Israeli students thought it would be a (funny?) good idea to wave the Israeli flag about.

The way i see it, the Palestinian's are asking for their asses to be kicked, considering the HUUUUGE jewish population that attends the university, and also the fact that 2 York University Alumni's have died recently in bombings in Israel, thanks to the palestinian terrorists, that think it's a good idea to blow things up to prove their points.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmmmm ... I don't think any group should be silenced from voicing their opinions on campus simply because one side enjoys a stronger presence number-wise. Besides, not every Jew idenitifies with Israel. Nevertheless, a university should be about the free exchange of ideas. While I wasn't there and don't know the full story, it seems to me the pro-Palestinian side should have shown prudence in their actions given the recent deaths of York alumni at the hands of suicide bombers. Of course, if the pro-Palestinian side voiced support for suicide bombers in their banner, then they should have their asses kicked. But as I said in my previous posting, the place has become polarized between Left and Right extremes. It's all so absurd.
Not all Palestinians that are killed by the IDF are terrorists. They have every right to voice opposition to the IDF. Furthermore, by this logic, they can support any group that attacks IDF personnal (NOT CIVILIANS), because they are memebrs of the armed forces.
For me the breaking point was when they had IDF appriciation day at York!

WTF!
 

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Well let's see....
I'm french canadian....
so that makes me not a jew...
nor does it make me a palestinian...

So i guess i belong to neither faction!
Which explains your idiotic interpretation of the complexities & grievances of both groups, and the internationally scaled dispute in which they are entangled.


Originally posted by The Tesseract


My viewpoint is purely rational and statistically based..
You're right, the demographics may be that, but it's the conclusions you draw that are ignorant.
 

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OTIS
The dissent & activity of both groups is not as idiotically primitive as Tesseract describes it, allot of these groups are just flexing their democratic voice & organizational political will in an institution that encourages people to get passionate about causes & ideals. A common side effect however, is that all the passion is there without the discipline or tact -groups are just interested in screaming the loudest regardless of whether what they're screaming gets across to anyone.. so what you essentially have is what is commonly perceived by the regular students a circus or clown show. BUT, the allowance of such activity, although disruptive to some serves the particular purpose of creating the discipline & tact crucial in enacting positive change towards their cause. Arguably that’s not always the end result, but the allowance of open protest & dissent is there for that reason.
Actually, it really is that idiotically primitive.
When the shouting ends and gives rise to physical harm, it ceases being a matter of flexing democratic rights and freedoms. It becomes a matter of the law.
 

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Hamza
Not all Palestinians that are killed by the IDF are terrorists. They have every right to voice opposition to the IDF. Furthermore, by this logic, they can support any group that attacks IDF personnal (NOT CIVILIANS), because they are memebrs of the armed forces.
For me the breaking point was when they had IDF appriciation day at York!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You know what? I absolutely agree with you. I know the things the IDF does to the Palestinians. The parade in support of the IDF at York was a disgusting display of indifference to human suffering. However, I never suggested in my post that individuals sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians should not voice their opposition to the Israeli government. My position is this: anyone who voices support for actions contributing to human suffering should be publicly chastised.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top