1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Yonge & Dundas experiences

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Snuffy, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

Two sets of opposing drummers. One was located on the right side walk, and the other on the left. They were definitely not playing in sync. On the sidewalk and in my way, lost zombie-like people entranced by the sound assault.

2. derek

derek TRIBE Member

i got chased by some hicks in a truck, when i was on my bike at yonge & dundas. it was about 2am, and i was 15. they nearly clipped me (probably looking for a fight), i flipped them the bird, the chase began. that's my most memorable y&d experience.

3. nikki.classics

nikki.classics TRIBE Member

The old guy that stands on the north east corner who very loudly and abruptly likes to shout "praise the lord!". I used to do night classes at Ryerson, and EVERY time I stepped out of the subway he would do it, and it scared the crap out of me every time.

4. Dialog

Dialog TRIBE Member

The same guy who had the conjoined twin-sized goiter growing out of his neck for most of the aughts?

5. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

yeah that older black dude who used to shout religious stuff right in front of the Eaton Center ... fucked up.
    i got kidnapped for a year by two girls at the Hard Rock, to London Ontario.
    true story.

6. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

"Believe In The Lord!"

and he always waits for some unsuspecting girl to walk by to do it

7. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

i would say that guy has a case of tourettes (or something similar) that is getting worse with every passing year.

i live a block away..my list of weird experiences could fill a few pages

8. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Well at least he has focused his Tourettes into some kind of religious calling, How ideal for Christianity is that?

9. JCrack

JCrack TRIBE Member

I just saw that guy at Yonge and Sheppard going home after a long day of scaring people in the Lord's name.

10. Snuffy

Snuffy TRIBE Member

Oh I forgot about that dude with a growth. He seems to have been replaced with that equally obnoxious group of Muslims giving away "FREE" info on Islam.

The only group who successfully got cash out of me, though, were those damned Hare Krishnas. They gave me a book and I didn't want to be rude so I took it. Then they asked for a donation and so I felt obligated to give it.

All these people are part of the reason why I try not to make eye contact with anyone.

11. junglisthead

junglisthead TRIBE Member

two worlds collided on that block yesterday ! the religious lord guy and the muslims, made for an interesting 5 mins hearing them argue whose god is mightier

12. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

junglisthead was the lord guy wearing headphones? and by himself?

i walked across dundas and those guys were going at it like crazy ...

why are people messed!

13. videotronic

videotronic TRIBE Member

There is An awesome new group who hangout on the northwest corner of Dundas/victoria. They yell stuff about religions really loudly and one of them is always filming the others