• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Yo La Tengo

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
whoa cool. a u-ziq remix....something i have to hear before the big chill

"And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out" - i just picked this up - its one of those albums that gets priority - and has been for a couple weeks pretty much every day.

aether

TRIBE Member
I think 'I can hear the heart beating as one' is my favourite of the albums. Especially 'damage'. 'cherry chapstick' on 'and then nothing' is a piece of rock bliss as well. Plus they're super live.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

beaker

TRIBE Member
electropura is one of my all-time favorite albums.

i saw them live a few years ago and they played waaay too mellow for tastes, but it's obviously reflective of what they've been doing these days.

aether

TRIBE Member
the one at the phoenix right? that was entirely too mellow, I had blocked that out. I heard they did a follow-up high-energy show to make up for it, missed it tho. their concert a couple years earlier at the warehouse was one of my all-time favourite concerts. them threatening the warehouse when they tried to bring up the lights too early, and the blues-rampage at the end. good stuff.

beaker

TRIBE Member
aether said:
the one at the phoenix right? that was entirely too mellow, I had blocked that out. I heard they did a follow-up high-energy show to make up for it, missed it tho. their concert a couple years earlier at the warehouse was one of my all-time favourite concerts. them threatening the warehouse when they tried to bring up the lights too early, and the blues-rampage at the end. good stuff.
yeah it was the pheonix show i went to. it's good to hear they can still rock out, i'll check them out again. my friend saw them play with stereolab and said they did blue line swingers for like 20 minutes. (*drool*).

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

why not

TRIBE Member
they did a good imitation of the velvet underground in that I Shot Andy Warhol movie.
wish i'd got the soundtrack.