• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Yesterday, I wanted to be a copywriter, today a Patent Agent

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
COME ON, SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT THE FUCK i WANT TO DO.

Patent stuff... dry as hell, right? Pretty good coin, though. Also a way into law school in the future, right?

Gimme gimme never gets,
Don't you know your manners yet?

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
K for real, do something where you are learning something new. I want to be a carpenter or an electrician. I'll decide after I gather some more information.

Don't be afraid to branch out. Life is grand.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd

Patent stuff... dry as hell, right? Pretty good coin, though. Also a way into law school in the future, right?

Gimme gimme never gets,
Don't you know your manners yet?

It worked for Albert

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Yeah, I looked into the electrician thing, and the plumber thing. Too many apprenticeship hours to do.

Of course, you could find work with someone who woudl be willing to exaggerate the hours you have worked... now that would be grand.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
I want to be one too. Both actually. Let me know how it goes after you check your PM>

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by SneakyPete
You are a man of many trades.

I want to be. Or rather, I have a feeling it will take many trades to figure out what the hell I want to do.

The third arm is growing in nicely, just in time.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Yeah, I looked into the electrician thing, and the plumber thing. Too many apprenticeship hours to do.

Of course, you could find work with someone who woudl be willing to exaggerate the hours you have worked... now that would be grand.

yeah but you can collect EI while in a trade school. Thus take all your school while not really having to work. And then its a matter of being a bitch for three years. Any new career requires you to be a bitch at least in this way you actually get creditted for it on an hourly basis!!!

I want to know of every career path where I can collect EI while going to school.!!!!

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Yesterday, I wanted to be a copywriter, today a Patent Agent

Albert, as in Booty Bits' Albert?

einstien.jpg

SelfExel

TRIBE Member

Nonono my friend. It's not the hours, it's the knowledge. You show people you got your brain on tight, they will find ways to accomodate you. Aptitude for learning is far more valuable then any aptitude.

Besides. Knowing you make things that most people take for granted has it's own special rewards.

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Syntax Error
motivational speaker. i've been wanting to get into this racket for some time now.

I saw it all along! You have that spark that people need. Go out there and show em how it's done!

stryker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
yeah but you can collect EI while in a trade school. Thus take all your school while not really having to work. And then its a matter of being a bitch for three years. Any new career requires you to be a bitch at least in this way you actually get creditted for it on an hourly basis!!!

I want to know of every career path where I can collect EI while going to school.!!!!
He'd have to be a bitch for at least 4 years....quite possible 5.
Stew

graham

Well-Known TRIBEr
motivational speaker. i've been wanting to get into this racket for some time now.

I don't think you should do it, watch tv instead

I'm a demotivational speaker.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr

I think I would like to be a demotivational speaker.

"What the fuck? You want to go to space? Why, you dumb 3-year old? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

Each seminar package would contain a small, smelly package of antimotivational medication.

gubydal

TRIBE Member

What are your skills? What areas are you already experienced in? What are you interested in learning about? What's your favourite thing to do? What are your long-term goals?

Sit down with a piece of paper and brainstorm... having someone as a sounding board helps, good for feedback and fresh ideas.

The answers aren't here on the Tribe message board. They are within you. You'll get a feeling about what's right for you as soon as you devote some time to seriously thinking about it.

S

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Yesterday, I wanted to be a copywriter, today a Patent Agent

Originally posted by gubydal

The answers aren't here on the Tribe message board. They are within you. You'll get a feeling about what's right for you as soon as you devote some time to seriously thinking about it.

S

This is the stupidest dumbest most fucking turd brained statement I have ever heard. You want to know about something you come here. You come talk to selfexel he get you good deal on 87 civic, 318000 like brand new.

DaPhatConductor

TRIBE Promoter
maybe you should travel? it's a great way to get a new perspective on yourself, the world, and your interactions.

i find another good way to gain new perspective is to do something very uncharacteristic of yourself for a while and then see what you daydream about. it's a lot cheaper than travel and has a similar effect.

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DaPhatConductor
maybe you should travel? it's a great way to get a new perspective on yourself, the world, and your interactions.

i find another good way to gain new perspective is to do something very uncharacteristic of yourself for a while and then see what you daydream about. it's a lot cheaper than travel and has a similar effect.

So your saying he should cut himself on purpose? Is that what your saying? You want him to tackle old ladies on ths sidewalk! is that what you're saying? Fuck you give horrible advice. So your saying he should quit sarcasm? is that what you're saying?