• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

yeah yeah yeahs

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
ginsu said:
Went. Liked it. Last show at Pheonix was better.

Saw Michael Bluth aka J. Bateman.

you should have done the chicken dance at him:D

yeah their show at the opera house years back was jaw dropping...great energy

did they end with modern romance and did she walk off the stage still singing?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
okay a real review.... lol

showed up later than expected.... the second band was on... don't know don't care who they were cause they were so horrible...
show starts... lights go down...

FUCKING KICK ASS SHOW... karen o is insane onstage man, her outfits RULED, she was completely in it... her stage presence is that of an absolute performer... her break up caused her some serious pain, and her emotions completely poured that out... ESPECIALLY during the song turn into... you could just look at her and feel what she was feeling singing that song... it was amazing..
MAPS was great... been waiting three years to hear that live... did an amazing job...
their stage energy as a band was in synch... (lol synch...) it was so great seeing them have conversations during the show together, laughing... they work so well as a group... it's pure envy seeing a band get along like that... whether or not it's a front, i don't care.. you have me fooled...

they played a great set... good tunes, some new, some old, the perfect amount of both... i was dead centre two/three people in, right in the mosh situation... some guy punched me in the boob by accident (or on purpose, don't know, never will) but i didn't care because it was awesome jumping around like that... NEVER had that much energy at a show...

purely amazing... couldn't have been a better show i think (except for better support acts.... that could've had some work to it...)

yeah x 3 = YEAH YEAH YEAH

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
terrawrist III said:

yeah their show at the opera house years back was jaw dropping...great energy

did they end with modern romance and did she walk off the stage still singing?

and yes...
i think she did

Mephisto

TRIBE Member
synchronizator said:
it was so great seeing them have conversations during the show together, laughing... they work so well as a group... it's pure envy seeing a band get along like that... whether or not it's a front, i don't care.. you have me fooled...
it's hard to say whether it's genuine or not, there's been a lot of press about what a difficult process it was to get this album cut. sounds like they've been having typical "gone-big" band dynamic problems. has karen been suffring from a bit of beyonce syndrome since she moved out to LA? she's made it known that she's "grown stronger" while she feels zinner has stagnated in terms of their artistic vision (while nick feels like he doesn't want to sell out their marz bar/bowery ballroom roots). what karen wants, karen gets and in this case, it was to hire the brother of her then boyfriend to produce the album. zinner and chase went along with it but weren't at all happy about writing in a studio environment so when karen and nick had their little lips-to-ear moments on the stage that seemed to go on for...maybe just a touch too long it was a bit uncomfortable to watch. like an aunt/uncle who are having problems together- two people with a known history that you're rooting for. karen, nick and brian all have their own little side projects...hopefully they're able to get those individual energies out of their system in those avenues so the yyy's can keep making yyy music like a tighter knit bss voltron. the new album is an indication that together they still have the magic formula so i hope things don't degenerate turn into a solo-project fueled ego circle jerk with each trying to overpower the other through voice/chords/beats when they are together.

i posted this about the show the morning after-
Mephisto said:
fantastic show last night, man the place was packed! they were bang on and sounded amazing live. didn't leave anything out opening with gold lion and playing everything that matters from ftt, bones and the yyy ep. karen o owned the stage in typical rock posey fashion with bouts of playful antics including the half disco ball hat, obligatory water fountain spitspray and mic eating but, sadly, remained clothed throughout. the faux- "thanks toronto!" walk off was unbearably abrupt but after a steady two minutes of chanting and clapping, a floppy cigarette dangling zinner walked back on stage alone (followed shortly by chase and karen o in a skeleton bodysuit) and teased out the opening tremble to:

http://www.umusic.ca/site/media/yeahyeahyeahs/video/fevertotell/maps_320.ram

ginsu

TRIBE Member
terrawrist III said:

d

I think someone would have tackled me from off-stage if I did it. :p.

cKAW cKAW

Again, Yeah Yeah Yeah's came out with the usual energy and that's what I love about them. I find I'm into the older material a little more. I havn't seen too many shows at KH but I've never been impressed with sound there. Loved the intro they did to Maps.

And last time I saw them, I got cake thrown at me so that holds a little place in my heart.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
i have pics!!!!!!!!

took some good pics of the show... for you and for me!!!

x1p42khS_dia4DJYe6UXw5bqNv7JRarsfFRb3rRS-xghqDpJduTgjT34mf9oAj5-lzwQNB2ufqkI12ETz0gSXsn7b2XJljVkKVCCvd59_PVhYdtkDFJW0XaEqZPjPU5hSoUfk5bXWzYrC0wUa_yLtSIYg

x1p42khS_dia4DJYe6UXw5bqNv7JRarsfFRb3rRS-xghqA4jXBlKrcgXXKkXL4LGhuxcxj84nmiXFEAPvqXKXMOkfyfMfqHlSlATsRCCxAvNAGxFG5vGEBb1DKpEmiepR0Q0sSmMfGxTthKwa2pnjbkTQ

x1p42khS_dia4DJYe6UXw5bqNv7JRarsfFRb3rRS-xghqAaVQni1wnIr4KiFf4gmW_dDFkcVJOjKyg96cuyTy-sSDcEsSdJxnphyE1_ZwQMQnOy259XxPDjm1iOGhAtXJqJ7fnPbrz9XMcZ19bEolIjaw

x1p42khS_dia4DJYe6UXw5bqNv7JRarsfFRb3rRS-xghqDQIE3tVKoBOl4QPx-0xkARxcCuUdNdVTXxgm4yqrg8ANVnd-Cet1yfi64yMQCvXh3477F6HBxHZ6_6CFyor0L898FGOZuaqiwQRP4dUjvBDA

x1p42khS_dia4DJYe6UXw5bqNv7JRarsfFRb3rRS-xghqDTLxXXeHS_9UAc1xONiKoK7emfC0MrS9z8rW1t5cw_hxpILm0p2dVGsV5jZRkvKBZLzSyfI7kLC70QudP5pkF8cQ4OU2Vx_V7Wz-9UzRdEdQ

x1p42khS_dia4DJYe6UXw5bqNv7JRarsfFRb3rRS-xghqAAEDrnWntRJXufBLgPG5DxiJ7XpN87DnGkQZ9xGPp-nUU5Yf_4Xo1PKQvmirq27ritS1d8fXVgoJ3GgjiipLUndOQqosMFhArjMD8GVvDWRw

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

billy

TRIBE Member
hmm. seems interesting. bjork had them on her tour a couple summers ago but not for the toronto gig (tho kid koala was a mighty fine replacement opener indeed). might have to do some research.

could someone recommed some tracks/albums/live boots?

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
billy said:
hmm. seems interesting. bjork had them on her tour a couple summers ago but not for the toronto gig (tho kid koala was a mighty fine replacement opener indeed). might have to do some research.

thanks jess... lol

fever to tell was their first real record... some great songs on that one... new album show your bones has some wicked tracks too... a little different but not much than their first...

download
MAPS
Y CONTROL
PIN
PHENOMENA
GOLD LION
WAY OUT
TURN INTO

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
billy said:

go to queen vid. and rent their DVD...ALL the videos and a hell of a full length stage show:)