• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ye olde TV series - classic television revisited

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Ok, not classic per se, but definitely not a new show. Figured this would be the best place.

I've never watched Farscape. Hard to believe being the sci-fi nut I am. A few years ago a friend burned every episode onto dvd's because he was convinced I should see it. I watched the first episode...:O I mean wtf was that?

Fast forward to today, and a lot of time on my hands, and just finished Stargate. Hmm. It's on Netflix.

Still had the same reaction after the first episode but kept going. I'm on the 10th and hooked. It's different, but you can't help loving it. Rygel is hilarious. The episode when D'Argo thought Rygel was his son? Had me in tears.. lol.

If you've never seen it, and you are a sci-fi fan (and like Jim Henson's muppets.), it's worth the watch. In an interview, Ben Browder likened it to 'Doctor Who' on crack. I concur.

Last edited:

derek

TRIBE Member
farscape is one of my fave scifi series. one of the more interesting storylines and the costumes / animatronics are amazing.

watch in order as the story progresses through seasons.

you've only just started. if you think it trippy now just wait till scorpious gets to work

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Yeah, you're right.. after the third episode something didn't seem right, so I looked online. The first 7 episodes (on Netflix) are shown as they were shown in the US (not in the right order). So, I started to flip around and watch them in the order the producers intended. It made much more sense after that.

It's an awesome show :)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
farscape is one of my fave scifi series. one of the more interesting storylines and the costumes / animatronics are amazing.

watch in order as the story progresses through seasons.

you've only just started. if you think it trippy now just wait till scorpious gets to work
I haven't seen farscape. I will dl it.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
I haven't seen farscape. I will dl it.
its absolutely amazing.

basically it was on pretty much the same time as SG-1, but ended sooner and thats why the two main leads started in SG-1 season 9 !!!

Hot british accent chick and the guy that replaced O'neil on SG-1 as the lead.

cant think of their names, Ben Browder and something else.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I have started watching Farscape. Three things:

1. Farscape has the worst theme song ever.
2. I now have a crush on blue chicks.
3. This critter/dude is the best character in the show:

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member

i think i might have to rewatch farscape again, its been quite some time. soooo good.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member

lol

1. Isn't it? I had to fast forward in the beginning. It's growing on me now. Kind of a psychedelic sound buzz.
2. Hehe. When Derek posted the pic of Claudia Black, I almost posted I thought you'd really like Zhaan, but wanted to see your reaction.
More of a Chrichton fan myself.

3. Love Rygel. I just started the second season. D'Argo is getting some hilarious moments as well.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
i think i might have to rewatch farscape again, its been quite some time. soooo good.
Partway through season 3. Derek, you are so right. I think what I love the most about this show is that it doesn't follow the 'rules'. It can get pretty dark, unexpected,.. and weird. Scorpius is also a pretty great 'villain' (if you can even call him that now).

Also, the chemistry between Chrichton and Aeryn Sun is completely off the charts. I love how they ignored the 'will they or won't they' crap. I have a feeling this will be one show I will be rewatching every few years.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Well, there is a reason why it has a huge cult following. If you haven't see it yeah, and then I have someone to talk about it with.;)