• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Ya Raptors!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Well, I don't think the Pistons will be winning the series 4-0....just 'cause it's a best of 5, but meh, what do I know....

Bias

G

Originally posted by MC Bias
Well, I don't think the Pistons will be winning the series 4-0....just 'cause it's a best of 5, but meh, what do I know....
I think he/she was implying that Toronto would get a win.

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
raptors were outcoached and outplayed tonight.

did anybody else think the tnt announcers were under the influence of some solid detroit crack?
they confused ben wallace for keon clark twice
they said it was a loose ball foul on detroit when it was really the end of the third quarter
they were talking really slowly
they weren't listening to each other: ben wallace is a 48% free throw shooter......five seconds later....repeat five seconds later........jerome williams is a 68% free throw shooter......repeat five seconds later
they didn't even make an attempt at being unbiased [it's fortunate stackhouse didn't get injured as chris childs is used as a tackling dummy]

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Trini

TRIBE Member
Raps just shot a poor percentage tonight, don't worry.

once they get shooting again, the Pistons will be hard pressed to win.

rentboy

TRIBE Member
yeah, that was pretty ugly...and extremely boring at that.

If they can get their shooting together then they can take Detroit...they defended well at times...but Wallace is a maniac...he scares me

Trini

TRIBE Member
yeah Chris, it was a bore-fest......I was in the Palace tonight. after the first 5 minutes, I was silent.....wasted some precious fundage.

Wunderbar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
but Wallace is a maniac...he scares me
He is playing superhuman basketball. His presence underneath the basket really can put the fear of God into players. Aggressive players like Childs, Clark, and AD were visibly intimidated and changed their game.

I hope Lenny decided to start Hakeem in Game 2. There's nobody on the Pistons who can guard him one on one and they need to start finding ways to get the ball to him without turning it over---there was a pathetic display of offensive basketball tonight and the turnovers were really what did them in.

Detroit came out fired up but Toronto will want revenge on Wednesday. It will take a total team effort and some coaching ingenuity but it is possible to steal a game in Mo Town

Rediiz

TRIBE Member
Anyone pissed that out of all the Playoff games so far this season...NBC chose to leave the Raptors game out???...Meh...its already happened twice this season already.... guess we're just not worth the time...

Detroit in 3...the Raptors were EMBARASSED tonight...

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
nbc wouldn't bump thier precious AI out of a triple-header sunday...plus the old phila/boston rivalry will be the best series in the east...and the lakers are a lock to be on NBC...and can you blame them for not wanting the TO/DET series on? that game was horrible...davis w/ a missed layup...keon w/ 0pts and 4fouls midway through the 3rd? (thats when i turned it off)...i think 75% of the raps shots hit the bottom of the rim....raps had better pull their collective heads out of their asses...

UGLY...UGLY...UGLY...

atleast my man yogi got some mins...

c.

smile

TRIBE Member
RAPTORS ARE OUTMATCHED.

dallas is going all the way.

take my word for it. KG was looking QUITE STRESSED this afternoon!

big up steve nash, the hope for short ballers everywhere!

yeeeah

Cobra Commander

TRIBE Member
well it's good to see that some of u are loyal fans.......
I won't argue they played like ass, but it's just the first game people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not making any excuses here but
a) it was a road game
b) stack was gettin almost every call (home factor)
c) up untill the the 3rd it was not a total blow out.....despite the horrible play

there is tons of room for improvement, these boys have pride too, as well as Lenny.........I doubt this will be repeated in the next game, shooting a low percentage in game one doesn't automatically disqualify them........plus they had a few positives.........I thought the Dream put up good numbers and that is something to build on

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
I think NBC would of aired the Raps if Vince was healthy.
No superstar = No primetime

Raps will fall in 3.
Their lacklustre play in my opinion is due to the fact that they had to play their hearts out just to get into the playoffs, which was an extraordinary accomplishment.
Also, it is obvious that we need to Vince to win a tough series.

With Vince, we would of had a great shot at takin the East.
No worries, next year the Raps will win 50-60, no doubt.

Plus, we need to focus our energy on the Leafs. This is our year baby!

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Wunderbar
raptors were outcoached and outplayed tonight.

did anybody else think the tnt announcers were under the influence of some solid detroit crack?
they confused ben wallace for keon clark twice
they said it was a loose ball foul on detroit when it was really the end of the third quarter
they were talking really slowly
they weren't listening to each other: ben wallace is a 48% free throw shooter......five seconds later....repeat five seconds later........jerome williams is a 68% free throw shooter......repeat five seconds later
they didn't even make an attempt at being unbiased [it's fortunate stackhouse didn't get injured as chris childs is used as a tackling dummy]
Dude those annoucers must have stopped in the ghetto for some of Detroit's finest crack. They were awful. They called AD Anthony Davis during the player intros.

I for one never got back on the Raps bandwagon. I don't think they're going to win this series but I still want to see a good effort from them. Their battle back into the playoffs, while nice was hardless impressive given the opponents they had to face to get there. I'm not going to get into what we need to improve now but this game and series will show that Raps aren't as hot as they appear.

*c*

Thunder

TRIBE Member
Where was mo pete last night? I can tell you he wasn't in Detroit!
It's too bad Alvin Williams and JD weren't used more often, they seemed to be the only ones finding their range last night.

Losing all year to a team can and will have an effect come playoff time.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Cobra Commander
well it's good to see that some of u are loyal fans.......
I won't argue they played like ass, but it's just the first game people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not making any excuses here but
a) it was a road game
b) stack was gettin almost every call (home factor)
c) up untill the the 3rd it was not a total blow out.....despite the horrible play

there is tons of room for improvement, these boys have pride too, as well as Lenny.........I doubt this will be repeated in the next game, shooting a low percentage in game one doesn't automatically disqualify them........plus they had a few positives.........I thought the Dream put up good numbers and that is something to build on
I'm with you all the way, Cobra. I don't doubt the Raps' ability to come back hard when defeated, and that's exactly what happened in the playoffs against new york last season, and the fans came crawling back with *i'm impressed*comments all around when it happened.

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by KickIT

I for one never got back on the Raps bandwagon.
Oh wow, KickIt - you deserve a big fat cookie coz wow, you didn't get back on the bandwagon! :rolleyes:

quit your fucking cynicism and save it for the end of the playofffs. if you're so sure the raps won't win, then you should savor your pats on the backs until the end = when you can REALLY rub it in.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
All I gotta say is two things......

One, that was one of THE most pathetic attempts at professional basketball that I witnessed last night, on the part of BOTH teams...and b) My 11 year old sister and 7 year old brother could do better play by play then the fuckups that were on TNT, I mean, there's only so many times you can call a Raptor player at Piston, and vice-versa....good lord, wake up!!!!!

Bias

koz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon

Oh wow, KickIt - you deserve a big fat cookie coz wow, you didn't get back on the bandwagon! :rolleyes:

quit your fucking cynicism and save it for the end of the playofffs. if you're so sure the raps won't win, then you should savor your pats on the backs until the end = when you can REALLY rub it in.
thank you.

go raptors.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
suck a golf ball thru....

Ben Wallace is a monster, but honestly the Pistons only scored 81 pts.

Mo wasn't as aggressive as he has been in the last couple of weeks and it showed. He had his one bad game and I know he'll snap out of it. Keon 'buttafingers' Clark had an awful, awful game. They need to post up AD and have Keon facing up cause it just doesn't work the other way around. No Mo and no Keon makes TO look awful. It was just one of them games.

Game 2 will be much, much better for us.

P.S. The turn around jumper should only be used on special occassions, not for 80% of your shots.

P.P.S. That reverse jam by Stackhouse needs an answer. Mo Pete, you are on the clock...

P.P.P.S. At least we don't have to worry about winning it all and looking like this poor girl

OUCH!

Last edited:

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Libradragon

I like white chocolate macadenia nuts cookies.

*c*