• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Xbox softmod with mxm

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
I used the mechassault exploit to install linux and mxm on my xbox. But whenever I start it, it goes into Ltools. Is this normal?

Also, I cannot FTP it just wont connect.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
To reply to my own thread.

Yes it going to Ltools is normal.

And if you cant FTP you have to edit the MXM.XBE file to TRUE for DHCP.

Also, making a media centre for the cost of one old xbox and a 10 copy of mechassault is awesome. Especially when you set it up to stream the 200 gigs of tv on your computer and you install a whole wack of emulators.

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
halo five said:
Tell me more!!! No mod chip required? I can do linux. I can do Mech Assault.

The mod chip is 8 wires and a retarded chimp could solder it. Softmod is alright, but doesn't provide anywhere near the functionality that a good chip does.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
The important things to know are you need an orig. copy of mechAssault, no game of the year or greatest hits.

Also the serial etched on the plastic near the centre of the disc has to have a 0L at the end. The one with 8L doesnt work. I found this out the hard way and had to go back to Gamerama and exchange it for the correct one. This is the half the reason it took so long.

Also, when installing MXM.Xbe you need to edit it in word pad to change it to allow DHCP. If you dont do this you will be stuck with it having a IP of 192.168.0.3 The instrustions for this are in the discussion link on the product wiki page.

It is the greatest xbox functionality ever. Watching Deadwood stream off the media drive on my computer right now. Its a lot nicer to watch on my TV then my little computer screen.