• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

XBox One: The New Console.

acheron

TRIBE Member
Xbox One requires launch-day patch 'not tied directly' to offline functionality | Polygon

So how do people without an Internet connection download this patch so they can enable offline play.

What a complete shit show
who are these people who don't have internet connections... what that guy on reddit in who's stationed on a submarine? How the fuck did he get on reddit then!

microsoft's only talking about the day one machines needing the software update. manufacturing round two will come with the newer software installed... they're probably well into production at this point, when you're launching a device that might see day one sales in the millions you can't just stop and change the loadout.

Last edited:

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
just started playing it for the first time a little while back I had no idea.....so in the previous version your car or drivetar would race while you weren't playing and accumulate points and what not?
yea, but not exactly what they've done with 5, which is let it race when you're not even IN the game. In the older games you still had sit back and watch it race for you.

It Came in handy for some of the longer enduro races that took over an hour to play. Could just load up the race, let the drivatar do it's thing. Get credits.

Also when you used the drivatar you didn't make full credit/cash for the race.

btw, forza horizon was a damn good fun sandbox/arcade version of forza. I hope they make a sequel to that. I just hope that they actually put some longer races into the game. Almost ALL of the races were pathetically short and could be done in minutes.

It was hilarious to go online with my R3 class '57 chevy bel air. You couldn't control the goddamn thing. I had an engine swapped corvette twin turbo in the thing. People would laugh at me in the lobby of the game saying "what the fuck? a R3 bel air???" Then i would come in 3rd place because everyone else was too busy playing bumper cars and i would just catch up to them :)

rawd

TRIBE Member
Guess they won't be modding any cars with XBone anytime soon.. the video pausing is annoying. FF to 55 sec

[YOUTUBE]YVzNxbryJ4o[/YOUTUBE]

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I went on my lunch and not one person was lined up I think people learned a good lesson from people lining up way to early for the PS4 for no reason....going to take a peek after work at 5pm again

kuba

TRIBE Member
Question:

Is NFL red zone available on xbox one or did the CRTC fuck shit up, again.

If it isn't, can I get it still using some sort of VPN blocking thing which I'm bad at? I need one for retards, not one for techies.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
they have an NFL app I just installed yesterday and I honestly didn't look into that but I think I recall saying you can watch NFL network as long as you have an account? not 100% on that one though

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I went on my lunch and not one person was lined up I think people learned a good lesson from people lining up way to early for the PS4 for no reason....going to take a peek after work at 5pm again

Juts to report back on this I wait in line for 6hrs there was a DJ and they were handing out popcorn hot chocolate and pizza, as well as tons of free stuff

Hauled in:

Day One Edition Xbox - was supposed to be only for preorders :)
3 free months of Live
$30 Microsoft dollars (which led to trading in GTA and getting Forza for $1.29)
Foldout Lawn Chair with cup holder
Blanket
5 - XboxOne T-Shirts
2 - XboxOne Toque's
3 - XboxOne touchscreen gloves

was more fun and a lot less painless than I thought but will probably never do it again......lol

kuba

TRIBE Member
six hours for a gaming console. jesus h christ.

good deals though with forza, but six hours. wow.

too old for that shit ;)

but do let me know when you get a peek to see if nfl red zone is available in canada will you? it's my make/break decision factor.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
NFL on Xbox | Xbox Canada - Xbox.com

*Coming November 2013. The NFL on Xbox One, including NFL.com Fantasy Football, requires advanced TV hardware, broadband internet, and Xbox Live Gold membership (sold separately). NFL Network content also requires an affiliated cable or broadband provider. See nfl.com/nflnetwork for list of providers. Additional requirements may apply for some features. See xbox.com/live.

with the snap function you can watch games or play games and have your fantasy line on the side

or on draft day you can do the draft and snap the whole group into a Skype convo while it happens ..

WAY TOO OLD for that stuff but it was worth it for this time, don't see myself doing that again

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
haven't played fantasy football in a long while but may be tempted to do it through this app
I don't see anywhere I can watch redzone only red zone highlight packages

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
I got one of these for the myself and my son for christmas.

First console I've bought since the sega genesis.

Loving it so far. Very slick.

;)

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Quick question about XBOX ONE and XBOX 360 with regards to NBA 2K14.

What would be the major differences between the two? Are they that different?

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
yes much different it's cleaner/smoother and if it make sense it's faster but slower all at the same time, there a small learning curve from 2K13 which surprised me at first.

I play mostly the My Career as a SG so if you like that mode they have added a shit ton more cut scenes

if you liked 2k13, 2k14 is more than enough for an upgrade for the purchase IMO but not for the 360 my friend bought it and it just a repackaged 2k13 pretty much

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
I got 2K14 for 360 this xmas. I really liked it, but my mom said that when she say it in the store on display, it looked a lot better. So I wasn't sure what she had saw. She must have seen the XBOX ONE version.

Well, I never played any of the NBA series since like 2K7 so I don't really have something to go against. I like it... looks like I have a big purchase coming up.

Everyone here happy with the ONE?

AB