• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

XBox One: The New Console.

silver1

TRIBE Member
With the Kinect always watching and listening, there's all kinds of achievements they could dream up.....

praktik

TRIBE Member
what's the deal with the camera bidness i'm reading about.
Essentially the Xbox One is going to have a camera so that the government can spy on normal people and collect data about their habits so they can fine-tune the fluoride levels they use to keep us complacent.

Once we start watching too many Matrix movies or V for Vendetta on the xbox they will start upping the fluoride levels in our area just to be safe.

And if they still need more they will direct the chemtrail flyers to fly more heavily over such areas in emergencies when too many people use the XBox One browser to go to infowars.com

silver1

TRIBE Member
majornelson (PR/media guy for Xbox):

"It's been a busy/crazy week. I think I am going to unplug for a day or two."

------

@majornelson:

"you CAN'T, just like #XboxOne, you need to connect at least once every 24 hours!"

I'm a bit skeptical of that list - isn't Prey 2 deader than dead?

Same goes for Killer Instinct - for years I've heard rumors that someone would pick that title up and re-jig it, but nothing ever appeared.

I kind of would like to see Homefront 2 if they can do a better job - the mulitplayer wasn't terrible, but needed a bit more work and a better following - they seemed to be going for a middle ground between COD and Battlefield, but couldn't hit the sweet spot.

Some of the titles totally make sense, especially the exclusives, but a few titles have me wanting to call bullshit.

silver1

TRIBE Member
FYI, for those who don't know the story of the guy behind "Francis", here is his life's story (a good watch).

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
FYI, for those who don't know the story of the guy behind "Francis", here is his life's story (a good watch).

Woah. I had only ever seen a bit of one youtube video so I didn't realize he plays a character. What a story, very impactful. Thanks for posting.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
Woah. I had only ever seen a bit of one youtube video so I didn't realize he plays a character. What a story, very impactful. Thanks for posting.
I think you'd be surprised at just how many of these 'crazy youtube people' you see are just playing a character. DIY theater.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Although one thing I'm leery about is there was no mention of the two price structure of Price "A" without XBox Live subscription and Price "B" with a multi-year Live subscription.

It's been talked abut heavily behind the scenes as they were going to do it. I'm worried that they didn't want to have any "bad news" at the conference, and the $499 price tag with with a multi-year subscription and they will announce in the coming days/weeks what the "real" price is w/o a subscription.

Hope I'm just being paranoid......

silver1

TRIBE Member
how can there be a No Xbox Live option? It's supposed to call home once a day isn't it?
What I mean is that the reports have been they are going to the cell phone model of lower cost for the hardware if you sign up for a multi-year subscription to Live.

They experimented with it for the 360. Pay $99 for an XBox 360 (with a 2 year @ $15/month XBox Live Subscription).

so you either a) pay full price for the hardward up front and do your $60/year Live subscription on your own or b) pay a lower price for the hardware but sign up for a 2 year, $15/month Live Subscription.

All reports up to now have suggested they would be doing this for the XBox One.