• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

xbox for a hundred bucks

kuba

TRIBE Member
11:13AM Microsoft could cut Xbox to $99 in N. America -- Amtech : After speaking with several industry contacts over the past couple weeks, Amtech Research believes that Microsoft possibly cut the price of the Xbox in N. America to $99 by this Labor Day. This dramatic price cut could spur on Xbox hardware console sales and provide upside for the game software publishers. Both THQI (-1.7%) and ATVI (+2.2%) generate approx 15% of revenues from the Xbox, while ERTS (-2.2%) earned 14% of its DecQ net revenues on Xbox games. TTWO (unch) has less than 10% of its publishing revenues from the Xbox platform.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
WHOLEE FUCK!!!

imagine they went through with this?!

E V E R Y O N E would have a sexbox and E V E R Y O N E would be on LIVE!!

hahah faaking sweeet.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

labRat

TRIBE Member
surprising, considering that M$ has admitted that people are mod'ing their xboxs and not buying games (which are the money makers).

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Well for someone whos still super content to rock out on my supernintendo, I'm not to worried about it.

I don't even really like video games all that much. But I'd pay 100 bucks to be able to play certain ones here and there, like golf, etc.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa
I would too. But I'm a bit leery as to why they're doing this.

I smell a next generation console launch.

but XBOX has sooooo much to offer.. how could anyone even think of the NEXT generation?

they havent even used the xbox to the fullest of it's hardware capabilities, and games are ALREADY looking AMAZING.

sit back... relax... and enjoy.

next generation = having to wait 3 years for a decent title library. = suxx

Cheer Bear

TRIBE Member
I'm thinking more because of Sony releasing the PS3 probably in 2005.

Exactly, but rumours are that X2 won't be compatible with X1 games. Unlike the PS3, which will be compatible with PS2 & 1 games.

*kicks her xbox*

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
Well for someone whos still super content to rock out on my supernintendo, I'm not to worried about it.

I don't even really like video games all that much. But I'd pay 100 bucks to be able to play certain ones here and there, like golf, etc.

god bless the power of the emulator...I have at least 5 on my computer and I'm content with that :D ...can't find a better game to cure your boredom than road rash!:D

Originally posted by KiFe
but XBOX has sooooo much to offer.. how could anyone even think of the NEXT generation?

they havent even used the xbox to the fullest of it's hardware capabilities, and games are ALREADY looking AMAZING.

sit back... relax... and enjoy.

as I said above, I think they're doing this to compete with Nintendo's new hand held and the launch of PS3 and the Hand held Sony system in 2004/2005. X-Box really doesn't have a whole hell of a lot on the radar as far as peripherals go in the next year or two. It's worked nicely for Nintendo with dropping the Gamecube to remain competitive.

next generation = having to wait 3 years for a decent title library. = suxx

No kidding.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I would too. But I'm a bit leery as to why they're doing this.

I smell a next generation console launch.
this coming from mr i love my ps2 and it kicks major ass

Originally posted by Cheer Bear
Exactly, but rumours are that X2 won't be compatible with X1 games. Unlike the PS3, which will be compatible with PS2 & 1 games.

*kicks her xbox*

Yeah, that pretty much made me go for the Gamecube this past xmas, I would have loved an x-box, but the titles didn't really do it for me fully and the whole backwards compatibility issue was something that kind of irritated me.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Cheer Bear

*kicks her xbox*

but WHY in the hell would you ever want to play a ps1 game on a ps2 or ps3?

same with xbox?

if you're that beefed about backwards compat. why wouldnt you just wait until your xbox is COMPLETELY obsolete... by then, your X2 would have a decent game title library to back it up, and you wouldnt miss playing your old games.

or you could just NOT kick your Xbox and keep them both :)

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by terrawrist III
god bless the power of the emulator...I have at least 5 on my computer and I'm content with that :D ...can't find a better game to cure your boredom than road rash!:D

Yeah but I'd want to play on my TV. Plus play XBox Live. And not have to upgrade my computer.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Yeah, that pretty much made me go for the Gamecube this past xmas, I would have loved an x-box, but the titles didn't really do it for me fully and the whole backwards compatibility issue was something that kind of irritated me.

but the GAMECUBE isnt backwards compat either :confused:

echootje

TRIBE Member
What highsteppa said. It sounds to me like they're finishing a production run and then they'll sell off overstock while they gear up the factories for a new product.

Rob