• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

xbox 360 power loss (3 red quadrants)

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
I bought my system on December 23rd an had absoluately NO problems with it up until about a week ago. All of a sudden it starts losing power in mid game. I have tried to ventilate it by putting a fan below my desk. I have tried unplugging and replugging it all back in.

My crappy 3 months warranty expired March 23rd.

I'm awaiting an email reply from support and I'm going to call tomorrow. From what I can tell there are a lot of similar reports. God damned microsoft.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

/a

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
AdamAnt said:
I bought my system on December 23rd an had absoluately NO problems with it up until about a week ago. All of a sudden it starts losing power in mid game. I have tried to ventilate it by putting a fan below my desk. I have tried unplugging and replugging it all back in.

My crappy 3 months warranty expired March 23rd.

I'm awaiting an email reply from support and I'm going to call tomorrow. From what I can tell there are a lot of similar reports. God damned microsoft.

Anybody else experiencing this problem?

/a

3 month Warranty? WTS is up with that!?!?! Or did you get it off e-bay or something?

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
Nope. Microsoft manufacturer warranty is 3 months. And conveniently enough that's exactly when the thing crapped out.

I'm pissed.

Anakin

TRIBE Member
AdamAnt said:
Nope. Microsoft manufacturer warranty is 3 months. And conveniently enough that's exactly when the thing crapped out.

I'm pissed.

Worth talking to M$ about it, they claim that customer satisfaction is their first priority. Put it to the test. Something a couple weeks out of warranty with a product that has had some public failures in the past should be able to get fixed.

Polymorph

TRIBE Member
Besides, apparently Bill Gates is 'unhappy' being the richest man in the world, so clearly he's on some guilt trip right now.

so...work it.

(Exploit that guy's guilt trip for all it's worth!)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

AdamAnt

TRIBE Member
Apparently it's still under warranty so they're replacing it. Thankfully! Whew. I'll be buying the extended warranty this time.

Sinister Shadow

TRIBE Member
A 3 month warranty is just insane. For any piece of consumer electronics I demand 1 year minimum.

I hope the extended warranty is for like 3+ years.