• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Xbox 360 owners!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
I think borderland had a better coop online mode where you and 3 other friends can go online and play the whole campaign, and the DLCs for borderland where amazing and really added life to the game. I haven't tried the coop online mode for RAGE yet as I only got into the solo campaign. From the reviews you and a buddy can do online coop missions, but you don't play the whole campaign together. However what a well designed game. Just the amount of detail they managed to pull out of the consoles is impressive... can't wait to get some game time in tonight.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
I loved borderlands so I will definitely be checking out Rage, I was really nervous when they reported cutting a lot of it back for Xbox though.

Hopefully it's not as bad as all that.

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
It was funny I jumped on the RTV at the start of the game thinking the thing can go over rocks I tried and I went flying off the RTV doing a flip and then killing myself, so be careful.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
I'm really enjoying RAGE so far, I think I'm a little over halfway. One important thing I just figured out is to stay ducked on the mutant levels, or else when they charge you you just shoot over their head.

G3N3R4L

TRIBE Member
Skyrim is going to eat a lot of time methinks.

I am having fun with Forza, but I need a solid RPG to get into.

romstah

TRIBE Member
so i got this xbox for $40 from kijiji, hoping to turn it to a media center extender for the living room. Turns out it still has the old firmware with the blades interface. Ran to my nearest modder and got this baby jtagged, mce function became secondary. Even without the jtag, i'm happy that i got it for $40.

[YOUTUBE]JdfITKNLW1E[/YOUTUBE]

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Soooo I'm really late to the game, but got given a RROD'd Xbox which I had fixed for $40 and I'm good to go.

Got it all networked up and sync'd to Windows Media Centre on my PC with access to all my movies and music. Nice to see how easy it is now compared to when it first came out.

I have a few games, and I'm picking up a bunch more used on Kijiji for cheap.

What's the deal with the Xbox marketplace? Does EVERYTHING on there cost points/$$? I couldn't believe that you even have to pay for shitty music videos. I assumed you could get the old console (Intellivision/Atari)games for free, but even that ends up running you a good chunk of change to get a few decent game packs.

Is there anything free?

And Zune Movie "rentals" for $7.50? Seriously?

Am I missing something? Other than the few decent games (plants vs zombies, etc.), is there anything worth paying for?

Even the full fledged game downloads are ripoffs. Fallout 3 is like $40 (DLC was extra) and I picked it up brand new at Staples (of all places)for $20.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Got it all networked up and sync'd to Windows Media Centre on my PC with access to all my movies and music. Nice to see how easy it is now compared to when it first came out.
It was easy when the xbox first came out. Just add the 360 to media player on xp and you were good to go. The real "fuck you" was when vista came out, and microsoft updated the 360 and absolutely killed the media interface with anyone using windows xp. Yes, there are ways around it. I just shouldn't have to download another shitty program for it to work (orb). We've gone through like 3 full backend updates, and MS has NOT ONCE made it easier to sort through your music. Still the same old shitty slow ass interface of going through your shit to find what you need.

What's the deal with the Xbox marketplace? Does EVERYTHING on there cost points/$$? I couldn't believe that you even have to pay for shitty music videos. I assumed you could get the old console (Intellivision/Atari)games for free, but even that ends up running you a good chunk of change to get a few decent game packs.
Just about everything does. You get fucked either way if you buy cards at stores, or your visa. The point values are different and you always have 1-200 points left over. Nice way for MS to always get your cash. Don't be a stupid retard and buy ANYTHING for your avatar. What a waste of cash for something so stupid and pointless. Sometimes avatar shit is unlocked via achievements in games and every now and then there's free shit. But who cares?

Is there anything free?
And Zune Movie "rentals" for $7.50? Seriously?
Yes, every now and then there's a free arcade game. But these are limited to like "today only" type things, or just for a week.
I've rented a few movies here and there on the system, but they were cheaper a few years ago. I haven't rented a movie since well before you NEEDED to download 50 megs of fucking Zune bullshit just to see what movies are online... not like it matters anyways, since the selection is pure shit. Guess there's always netflix.

Am I missing something? Other than the few decent games (plants vs zombies, etc.), is there anything worth paying for?
There's LOTS of arcade games worth paying for. Shadow Complex, Castle Crashers, Limbo, Braid, Monday Night Combat.

Even the full fledged game downloads are ripoffs. Fallout 3 is like $40 (DLC was extra) and I picked it up brand new at Staples (of all places)for $20.
Yea they never lower the price of the DLC, especially since the game has been out forever and you can get the GOTY edition for super cheap these days. Also, some games will come with codes brand new out of the box for DLC being released at a later date: see battlefield 3.

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
It was easy when the xbox first came out. Just add the 360 to media player on xp and you were good to go. The real "fuck you" was when vista came out, and microsoft updated the 360 and absolutely killed the media interface with anyone using windows xp. Yes, there are ways around it. I just shouldn't have to download another shitty program for it to work (orb). We've gone through like 3 full backend updates, and MS has NOT ONCE made it easier to sort through your music. Still the same old shitty slow ass interface of going through your shit to find what you need.
I really just meant the fact that MS has added codecs enabling DivX/avi/mp4 playback and other file type support that wasn't originally in place.

Just about everything does. You get fucked either way if you buy cards at stores, or your visa. The point values are different and you always have 1-200 points left over. Nice way for MS to always get your cash. Don't be a stupid retard and buy ANYTHING for your avatar. What a waste of cash for something so stupid and pointless. Sometimes avatar shit is unlocked via achievements in games and every now and then there's free shit. But who cares?
Lol yeah, not about to spend my $$ on Avatar crap. Maybe if I was 10 years old...

Yes, every now and then there's a free arcade game. But these are limited to like "today only" type things, or just for a week.
I've rented a few movies here and there on the system, but they were cheaper a few years ago. I haven't rented a movie since well before you NEEDED to download 50 megs of fucking Zune bullshit just to see what movies are online... not like it matters anyways, since the selection is pure shit. Guess there's always netflix.
Yeah, I'll just keep downloading movies and stream them from my PC, but I just don't get why prices aren't lower. I would pay for a movie if it was a $3-4 rental, but if I can buy the DVD and watch it as many times as I want for less than $20, $8 for an in home rental seems very high.

There's LOTS of arcade games worth paying for. Shadow Complex, Castle Crashers, Limbo, Braid, Monday Night Combat.
Cool, I'll take a look.

Yea they never lower the price of the DLC, especially since the game has been out forever and you can get the GOTY edition for super cheap these days. Also, some games will come with codes brand new out of the box for DLC being released at a later date: see battlefield 3.
Thx for the info.

My gamertag is Jmaggs76 but may change. When I setup live it would only let me signin with my old hotmail account which I haven't used for years and I can't access anything on the live.xbox.com site as I keep getting error messages.

Oh, and hey Ian!

MOD ONE

TRIBE Member
If you set up your router to make it look like you're coming out of a USA location which can be done via this web site (Unblock Us - unblock your favourite video and social websites) you can get this service called Vudu, which is a million times better then what any of the game consoles offer in renting movies also a lot cheaper. It offers the same movies/TV shows or more and you don't have to wait till they DL... they play right away. Now that's if you want to take the time to set up your router. The unblock us site does cost money which is only $44 for the year. This will also allow you to get the USA version of Netflix and Hulu Plus.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
Yea i know about those old tricks. I just don't give 2 shits to go through all that effort for something I don't use.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
My gamertag is Jmaggs76 but may change. When I setup live it would only let me signin with my old hotmail account which I haven't used for years and I can't access anything on the live.xbox.com site as I keep getting error messages.

Oh, and hey Ian!
change your MS passport email to match your xbox live signup or vice versa.
Don't they charge you 10$ to change your gamertag? i forget, someone else tell me about that.

who the fuck is ian?

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Is there an easy way to play .MKV files on the Xbox? I've scoured the net and so far have manager to get to the point where the files are able to be played in WMP and WMC on my PC, and they show up in my WMC library on the Xbox, but they won't play.

Any ideas? or do I need to convert them to get them to play?

romstah

TRIBE Member
i use divx+ on my pc so that there is no transcoding when playing it on the xbox, but if your mkv contains dts track, it wont play. The only way to play it is to install ac3filter which will convert the dts track to stereo, and this plays most of my mkvs.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Hey,

Has anyone had this happen? (or maybe it's on purpose since the last dashboard update)

When I turn the XBox off with the controller, it doesn't seem to actually power down all the way. Green light turns off but I still hear the fan going soewhat.

It's not unless I power off by hitting the big power button on the console does it seem to fully shut down.

sheik rock

TRIBE Member
Hey,

Has anyone had this happen? (or maybe it's on purpose since the last dashboard update)

When I turn the XBox off with the controller, it doesn't seem to actually power down all the way. Green light turns off but I still hear the fan going soewhat.

It's not unless I power off by hitting the big power button on the console does it seem to fully shut down.
If the controller is charging it will run until it is finished charging it then turn off.