1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Xbox 360 owners!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by SmoothOperator, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

2. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

I didnt buy any of them....lol I'm not sure I'll be any come november

3. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

BF3 is going to be my choice and if I don't like it I'll trade it in for MW3. I like what I'm seeing with BF3. However so many people are hooked on MW franchise that I see them blowing any competition away IMO.

4. Silverback92

Silverback92 TRIBE Member

well it finally happen(after having it for 6 years) I got the Red Cock Ring of Death ( 3 lights).... There's a way to fix it, there's a video on you tube, but that look like a fucking headache to take apart. ( removing the X brackets etc)

5. Eclectic

Eclectic TRIBE Member

Have you tried the "towel trick" yet?

I used to work with a guy who bought RROD'd consoles for cheap off Kijiji and fix them this way.

Then he'd sell them back for profit.

6. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

When you do the towel trick,

i.e. take a towel and wrap it around the xbox covering all the vent ports, and not letting it dissipate heat while running with nothing else hooked up to it for about 10 - 15 mins.

the contacts from the heat sync that have disconnected are only temporarily reconnected and it will only work for a short time period afterwards.

i had this happen, and tried the trick, last all of turning on once or twice, and then died again. You can get part replaced by a few different places in the GTA( that have been linked in this thread i believe) or just keep the HD and buy a replacement unit used for cheap while we wait for the Xb0x1080 to come out, or whatever the new incarnation of it will be.

Kodiak gave me the tip on the towel trick. he is SMRT like that.

7. Silverback92

here's another trick I guess

[YOUTUBE]FV4OX8-SQqY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

8. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

:D

makes it work long enough to craigslist that shit for some quick monies :p

although when i first did it my 360 lasted a good week after the first red ring.

9. Silverback92

there's a penny trick too ( don't know if it works), but you still have to take shit apart.

I think he did a line of meth before taking it apart

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  10. vinder

vinder TRIBE Member

Games I am excited for:
    - SSX
    - FIFA 12
    - Mass Effect 3 (sorta, still haven't finished 2)
    - Assassin's Creed Revelations
    - Deus Ex

What about you guys? Aside from the MW3, anything else looking good?

11. G3N3R4L

G3N3R4L TRIBE Member

Fallout 3: New Vegas is one of the buggiest, crashiest, and frustrating games I have played in a long long time.

Even encountered save game corrupting bugs when leaving some buildings.

Needless to say, if you get into it, save often and on multiple files.

12. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

this post is brought to you by a lot of beer, and it's almost 4:30am.

the main bug i had with that game (think i discussed it here previously) was a purely bullshit bug.

My main man boone was following along side of me and kicking ass like a mofo, until the game would consistently crash every time i entered combat. I kinda figured out how to bypass this bug because i got high one night and told boone to stay put while i fast traveled to the gun store. I quick saved after i ran bartertown, and continued to just wonder around stoned out of my mind killing giant animals. A good hour goes on by before it clues into my head "wait a minute, the game hasnt crashed in combat. Hmmm.. boone! you've got the aids! noooooooo!!"

and that's my story and im sticking to it.

13. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

I'm excited for nothing, contemplating selling my Xbox but may wait until winter before I do that.

I cant even get 35 bucks for Black Ops dang yo lol

14. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

Heads up

Battlefield 3 demo out tomorrow:cool:

15. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

Tomorrow? Oh, maybe the code I got in MOH let me on early yesterday... they had to scale up the servers early so many people were online after dinner time... by 9pm shit was back online, it's fun but they have a big problem with spawn camping already. As well, I'd forgotten how much fun it is to be sniped from the other side of the map in BF. Looks great though.

16. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

Nobody playing Gears?

Nearly through the single-player campaign. Digging it. Haven't tried online or the other modes yet.

17. --[Zirca]--

--[Zirca]-- TRIBE Promoter

That might be my next one, still hooked on Deus. THere are too many good games coming out over the next few months.

Gears
    Rage
    Batman
    COD
    Drake's 3

Hard to keep up.

18. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

I'm Playing Gears.

Have done Some story mode and played a bunch of Horde Mode.

I'm really liking the additions they made to Horde Mode (i.e. collect money for your kills and upgrade/buy stuff between rounds).

19. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

I like the BF3 demo. Probably would have enjoyed it more if there hadn't been shit fuck spawn campers laying in the bushes right up in my spawn..

20. Jam

Jam TRIBE Member

Anybody find it strange there are no reviews for ID software's new game, RAGE?

It comes out tomorrow and being a post apocalyptic fps from the company that basically invented the fps genre, I'm looking forward to it.

No reviews though, that seems like a bad sign

21. MOD ONE

MOD ONE TRIBE Member

Some companies don't let the review happen till the launch date, but I'm really excited for this one as well... anything with online coop is good in my books.

22. KodiaK

KodiaK TRIBE Member

sounds like you're new to battlefield games.

btw, it's not a demo.

23. JayIsBored

JayIsBored TRIBE Member

bf3 = fpfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfpppppppllll*

*from the 5 minutes i bothered to play. too much like bad company2 and i didnt really enjoy it all that much

bring on the rage!

24. sheik rock

sheik rock TRIBE Member

RAGE is pretty fun. The graphics are by far the best I have ever seen on the 360. They make Fallout 3 look like dogshit and even make Deus Ex look kind of crummy.

The shooting is fun and very traditional, waves of bad guys in each corridor and room.

You really want to set the difficulty to Nightmare or else it is a cakewalk. I played the first three hours on nightmare and have only died once. But I have had to use the defibrillator a few times.

25. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

yeah RAGE is pretty much what I hoped Borderlands would be. Lovin' it... I do like how it just 'feels' like an iD game through and through.