• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Xbox 360 owners!

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Wii has it's own thread...so should we! hahaha play on words there.... ahem.
Anyways yeah I just picked one up last week and was curious to know who's on xbox live. Figured we could share our gamer tags and play online together.
Thus far I have been getting my ass kicked by 10 year olds on Gears Of War online play. Little bastards.
Anyways, mine's PimpDaddyGFunk. Look me up, and let's team up!

P.S. yes I'm a nerd.

Stan

TRIBE Member
I beat Bioshock last night. It's a wicked game, for sure. Highly recommended, if you like the FPS / adventure stuff. Game length is decent... I just played it obsessively for 3 nights in a row. Story is great. Gonna wait a couple weeks then replay it to get the second ending. Still playing quite a bit of Forza 2, and looking forward to PGR4, Mass Effect, Skate, and of course, the big H.

GivinUsociety

TRIBE Member
Yo Smooth,

I would play GOW with you, but my Xbox 360 got the 3 red lights of death. Once, I get it back I will join you with playing Gears, since I play the game most of the time.

Gamertag: Vinsanity0824

videotronic

TRIBE Member
make sure you rent transformers or something first if youre thinking about buying... it kind of sucks...i rented it for 3 days from rogers...didnt play it much past the 2nd day..

skate is fun...DLed the demo and have been playing it a bit...

alcid

TRIBE Member
I had the chance to play the Assassin's Creed E3 2007 demo this past weekend and it's looking pretty awesome. Definitely going to have to pick this one up when it comes out!

Beings

TRIBE Member
I've got a 360, got it exclusively for Gears of War, the day when GoW came out.
Beat it, then the 360 was collecting dust till last week when BioShock came out, playing that now.

I find that most current gen games, require effort to play. When I am beat after work, last thing I want to do, is apply some kind of effort. Which is why old arcade sidescrollers were fun, brainless, see shit on screen, react to it it, action.

PS. I actually also own DDR for 360, idea was to play it when drunk with a bunch of rowdy friends. We tried a few times, and as most of the people I know are uncoordinated alcoholics, just like myself, results were disastrous. Cant believe I paid over $100 for the 'PRO' DDR pad :mad: ch33se

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Beings said:
I find that most current gen games, require effort to play. When I am beat after work, last thing I want to do, is apply some kind of effort. Which is why old arcade sidescrollers were fun, brainless, see shit on screen, react to it it, action.
IMO, this is the exact reason why the Nintendo systems (DS + Wii) are killing everything else out there right now.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
sweet. Gonna add you guys when I get home. I got Forza2 and Viva Pinata with the console, and I bought Gears of War. So far I've only played GOW. Damn that's a hot game.
I did however play through the bioshock demo and was blown away. I'll definitley pick it up soon. Only problem I have with it is.... it's freakin scary. I could never play that without having a friend in the room with me....lol The 5.1 sound adds a whole new element to the horror genre.

Oh, and SKATE kicks ass too. That's another purchase for sure, specially cause I skate to work every day. ;)

Only beef with the 360 is.... Fuck why won't it support streaming DiVx to my TV? I have almost ZERO video files in usable format on my PC. It'd be a dream come true to stream all the .avi movies I have. Apparently there's a fix if you're running Windows Media Center operating system on your PC, but the rest of us are screwed.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Beings said:

That's where Arcade Live comes in man. Double Dragon, Golden Axe, Contra, Street Fighter II, they're all there!!

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
I am contemplating getting one in the coming weeks, or waiting till or after Boxing Week sales. Hopefully some of the games I want will have come down in price. I hate paying $70+ for a sports game to have it go 1/2 price in 3 months.

I think I want to go LIVE this time around and not mod the 360, not yet at least.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
yeah I'm holding off on modding it for the time being. I have heard rumours of a mod chip that is switchable though. Meaning if you're going online, you can switch it off so that microsoft can't detect it.

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
Tribe 360 bigg it up!

Gametag: vveerrgg (no big surprise there)

Big fan of: GOW and Halo

Still un-modded. haven't really bothered with it.... too much work. and I like the Live stuff too much.

downloading game demos > free games via p2p

ChROmE

TRIBE Member
Gamertag: Izic Haze

When I do have time to turn on the Box its usually for UEFA Champions League Soccer.

-Rudebwoy_Chin-

TRIBE Member
Gamertag: Ben Hadoken

Playing BioShock right now, serious awsomeness. Although dying a ton of times in a row to kill a Bid Daddy can be tedious. I can't wait until my guy is fully powered.

My time will go/goes to: Halo 3 , NHL, Guitar Hero, Bio, Assassin's, COD, Halo 3, and Halo 3.

I kinda want to buy Bomberman for XBLA because I used to love that game. Anyone purchase?

Stan

TRIBE Member
I didn't find the big daddies all that difficult to kill. You just have to be creative and use a combination of different tactics to kill them, especially in the beginning when you aren't very powerful. Later on, they're a total cakewalk.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
so I want to buy a 360 soon but with boxing day around the corner do you think there will be a deal on the xbox good enough to wait for???

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
StarvinMarvin said:
so I want to buy a 360 soon but with boxing day around the corner do you think there will be a deal on the xbox good enough to wait for???
if i recall, last boxingday so $50 off the holiday bundle. I'd maybe wait 'till november and see what other holiday bundles pop up. it'll probably be forza plus a couple other games thrown in. last holiday they had 4 game bundles, with usually one decent game (GRAW) and 3 really bad games. the other 3 games would change weekly. its a good deal on paper, as you get more games but in reality they are crap games which you probably wont play. i got mine last nov with gears of war and 3 other games, none of which i played. i ended up selling the other 3 games (getting very little money for them since they're in a bundle and crap anyhow) and using them to buy a remote control. decent deals but i dunno if its worth waiting and going a few extra months without halo 3.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
StarvinMarvin said:
It just dropped $100. For $399 that's already a good deal. Plus they've always got included freebees. I got Forza2, viva Pinata, AND they threw in a HD DVD/DVD (double sided disc) of 300.