1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

XBMC / Kodi

Discussion in 'Technology' started by The Kid, Dec 16, 2014.

1. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

Just like the title says, anyone using? Thinking about giving it a shot primarily for streaming content - advice, tips and/or tricks appreciated!

Cheers... le kidskii

2. Bernnie Federko

Bernnie Federko TRIBE Member

It's nice. I use it instead of torrents for shows and movies.

Currently on RC3 for Android ARM...

3. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

I have been experimenting with xbmc on and off for a few years now Sometimes the build is slick and smooth, other times it is clunky and lags. It might be the different computer i have been installing it on too. I have heard that some of the main players that streamed good content and helped with the different builds have left the scene.

4. romstah

romstah TRIBE Member

im still on frodo, kodi doesnt work on win xp. As for streaming content superrepo has everything you need. i have mine setup just for icefilms, 1channel (primewire), and an snes emulator.
    if your looking for tutorials go here

5. Aaron Bradley

Aaron Bradley TRIBE Promoter

I have 2x Raspberry PI's that run the latest XBMC dist. That's how I watched Breaking Bad and a few other series. Pretty slick.

6. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

old thread.....new question

I'm running Win 10 and Kodi 17.3

I cant get Kodi to see my shared folders? I set up UPnP Home Group on Windows. Kodi will only see the basic music / video/ picture folders on my C: drive.

I want it to see my external drive. I have added it to the home group and shared all its contents on Windows.

I have been reading online Win 10 has some weird sharing problems? Anyone come across this and have a solution?

Thanks.

G

ps. I had this all up and running win my old win 7 machine and kodi so I do know it can work.

7. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

Solved the problem..... I had to put a password on the WIndows log in for it to work.

Kinda stupid but as soon as i did it Kodi saw all of the shared folders.

8. greginhali

greginhali TRIBE Member

Nope......didnt solve the problem.

Still asking for a password, and doesnt connect.....so frustrating.....I thought this is what kodi was build for.....sharing local files between computers.

Anyone a Kodi expert around here? Believe me I have read the internet....any input is appreciated.

9. Bernnie Federko

What's the replacement for EXODUS

10. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Covenant.

But I am getting really tired of Kodi, the streams are very bad. Seems to be always buffering.

11. Bernnie Federko

12. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

I am still on the File Explorer/Torrent Download program and its working just fine for me.

I have invites left for my private tracker site - can keep ratio or donate a bit to stay on the good side. Easy peasy. No letters from lawyers cause they go after the public torrents.

PM me if want

13. Bernnie Federko

Anyone had experience with the Neptune Rising addon?

14. Bernnie Federko

One of my co-op students hooked me up with neptune, I installed it, and it's the one. Good to go again.