• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wtf?

circle

TRIBE Member
Happened to my live @sneakbeats cd thread? Did I do something wrong??!??!? I don't think so? Every other dj on this damn forum is giving away cd's, what the hell was the difference?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Interchange

TRIBE Promoter
hmmm strange

yeah it seems like the house room has just turned into the "get my promo cd" room like for real!

Maybe there needs to be a room that needs to be dj demo cds. that could encourge some corporate promo strange dealings but i think it would be a neat idea if there were some rules ect.

Alex?

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by circle
....what the hell was the difference?

Probably the fact that it was a promotion for Sneaks Beats. Perhaps if you had just called it a mix by Griffin and Mischief then there'd be no issue.

circle

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Wtf?

Originally posted by fleaflo
Probably the fact that it was a promotion for Sneaks Beats. Perhaps if you had just called it a mix by Griffin and Mischief then there'd be no issue.

People post mixes from different websites here, what do you call that? Regardless of the fact that the person who posted is affiliated with the other site, it's still promotion. I was in no way trying to promote sneakbeats, they don't need promoting, EVERYONE knows about them already. I was simply putting out an offer for a FREE cd for people to enjoy. It's too bad some people are going to miss out.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
You're right, people do post mixes from other sites, but they don't say advertise it by saying "free cd at so and so's website".

Not saying that he should've erased the thread entirely, but obviously there's some sort of justification. Take it up with Alex.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Re: Wtf?

this is it exactly

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Wtf?

I was simply putting out an offer for a FREE cd for people to enjoy. It's too bad some people are going to miss out.
You are being a drama queen. People are missing out because you have no idea how to promote a mix on Tribe.

"Look guys, promo cd mixed by Griffin and Mischief."

Wow, that took a lot out of me! I need to catch my breath.

circle

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Wtf?

You are being a drama queen. People are missing out because you have no idea how to promote a mix on Tribe.

"Look guys, promo cd mixed by Griffin and Mischief."

Wow, that took a lot out of me! I need to catch my breath.

Look man, why do you have to talk shit for? How am I being a drama queen? If you recorded a cd that was at Systemsoundbar and called it live @ systemsoundbar, would you change that or not mention it? Of course not, you're not promoting for the club, you're just giving the cd it's title. That's all it was, a TITLE. Don't give me this bullshit about not knowing how to promote a cd cause I know there's more reasons behind the deletion of the thread. It's pretty pathetic. Matter of fact. FUCK THIS BOARD!

To all the nice peeps that showed interest in the cd's, you'll be getting them soon. Thanks for the love.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wtf?

If you recorded a cd that was at Systemsoundbar and called it live @ systemsoundbar, would you change that or not mention it? Of course not, you're not promoting for the club, you're just giving the cd it's title.

but i think the point is that even if it was recorded @ system, the rules are the rules and it'd be deleated if it included system

your title was SNEAKBEATS !*#(!*# vol. w/e

if it was titled as mix by Griffin and Mischief in the thread, rather then sneakbeats, and the sneakbeats logo was on the cover IN the thread, i dont' think i'd be a prob, no? (correct me if wrong anyone)

but dats just the way it is, to play the game gotta play by the rules

but the banhammah has spoken *shrugs* c'est la vie

oh and p.s dont' say fuck this board, your using it to promo your mix dude, serious

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Wtf?

Originally posted by Big Cheese
but i think the point is that even if it was recorded @ system, the rules are the rules and it'd be deleated if it included system

the difference, imo - is that system ADVERTISES on the board officially - so anything system related will stay on the board.

hondo

TRIBE Promoter
I thought this board is here to help mantain and support the growth of the music we all love. What up with that "WACK" rule anyways. How does this rule help the community?

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by hondo
I thought this board is here to help mantain and support the growth of the music we all love.

somewhere between the death of raves and the birth of corporate sponsorship that mentality has been replaced with advertising dollars!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I thought this board is here to help mantain and support the growth of the music we all love. What up with that "WACK" rule anyways. How does this rule help the community?

I have been helping the community for 11 years.

If I see posts appear to be spam i delete them.

If you don't like the rules you can go elsewhere.

hondo

TRIBE Promoter
What is spam about a house music shop promoting???? No disrespect to your hard work and dedication over the years.

Peace .

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
What is spam about a house music shop promoting????

Exactly. Every banner you see up on top of each page or in the upcoming forums means companies are paying for adveritising space.

The post that was deleted was more promoting a store, rather than the dj's, hence it being deleted. Again, if the post was entitied new mix by dj such and such, there'd be no problem.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
Exactly. Every banner you see up on top of each page or in the upcoming forums means companies are paying for adveritising space.

The post that was deleted was more promoting a store, rather than the dj's, hence it being deleted. Again, if the post was entitied new mix by dj such and such, there'd be no problem.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

GET IT THRU YOUR HEADS. IT WAS NOT PROMOTING THE STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS THE TITLE OF THE FRIGGIN CD!!!!! THE TITLE!!!!!!!

Someone PLEASE delete this thread, no one knows what the fuck they are talking about. If you looked at it a certain way, fine, but i'm telling you, for the 3rd time, it was NOT meant to promote the store. Stop being so hard headed and just listen.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Dude, chillax. All I'm saying is the reason why it might have been deleted - I didn't see the thread you started, so there's nothing to go through my head.

Then again I have no idea what I'm talking about.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

circle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *SiLver*RoBoT*
Dude, chillax. All I'm saying is the reason why it might have been deleted - I didn't see the thread you started, so there's nothing to go through my head.

Then again I have no idea what I'm talking about.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

If you didn't see the thread, then why make this comment?

"The post that was deleted was more promoting a store, rather than the dj's, hence it being deleted. Again, if the post was entitied new mix by dj such and such, there'd be no problem."

Seems like you know what you're talking about. Or, you're jumping on the "let's kiss ALEXD's ass bandwagon".

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Must be, because I love ass kissing. I like to read what other people post, so based on what was said in this thread, I formed a conclusion. Thank god for Law and Order. That show taught me how to gather facts and form a conclusion.

You should check the show out sometime. I love it.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Last edited:

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
I would like to offer you my warmest congratulations on the workaround thread. It only took you a couple of days to figure it out but better late than never. :p

Libradragon

TRIBE Promoter
If you didn't see the thread, then why make this comment?

"The post that was deleted was more promoting a store, rather than the dj's, hence it being deleted. Again, if the post was entitied new mix by dj such and such, there'd be no problem."

Seems like you know what you're talking about. Or, you're jumping on the "let's kiss ALEXD's ass bandwagon".

chill the fuck out dude. sheesh! If you're mad at alex, no need to get hostile towards fellow house music lovers who potentially could promote your cd! You posted a thread called "Wtf?" so people are going to be putting in their two cents whether they agree with you or not.

WE ARE SPECULATING re: the deletion of your earlier thread. Alex may not have read your thread in its entirety, saw 'SNEAK BEATS blah blah' in the thread, mistook it for spam, and deleted it.

It's his board, and whether we agree with him or not, he can do what he wants.

We may not like how he does things, but we all can agree that we have our own reasons for coming back to this board : be it to make friends, kill boredom, or promote our cds. YOU obviously saw the advantages of offering yours and nnamdi's cds to the people perusing this board - and i will agree with you there. People will praise the mix, tell their friends about it, and next thing you know you have staunch supporters for life. But freaking out on these SAME people for making suggestions as to you HOW you can work around alexd's rules to accomplish is your initial goal is defeating your purpose.

I'm just observing and in no way kissing ANYONE's ass here. (unless you make it worth my while :p)

circle

TRIBE Member
Look, I apologize if it seemed like I freaked out on some board members. I was just upset at the fact that nobody was listening to what I trying to say. Everybody was STILL saying that I was promoting the store, even after i said that I wasn't and explained the situation. All I wanted was a simple "oh, I see what happened". I didn't need everyone telling me that I did something wrong when I didn't. I seriously apologize for anybody that was offended at anything I said, I was simply defending myself because I knew what my real intentions were, and that was to promote a cd. I hope you all understand.