• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

WTF? Conservative Gov't doesn't care about the Environment!

annec

TRIBE Member
:mad: From the Office of Energy Efficiency website:

Home Improvement
Important Notice
The EnerGuide for Houses program and the Retrofit Incentive have been discontinued as of midnight May 12, 2006.

Property owners who have had a pre-retrofit evaluation performed prior to this date can have a post-retrofit evaluation and still qualify for a grant until March 31, 2007, subject to the availability of funding.

It is suggested that you complete your upgrades well in advance of this date in order to allow enough time for your follow-up evaluation, which must be done before March 31 to be covered.

To book your appointment contact the energy advisor whose name and phone number are listed on the EnerGuide evaluation report that you received at the time of your original evaluation.

The Government of Canada will develop a strategy focused on ensuring that future generations enjoy clean air, clean water, clean land and clean energy.

Boo

TRIBE Member
Re: The conservative government eats babies

Slow down there champ.

If you want to upgrade your home - do it, you have a year, and you'll get a tax break. If you want to do it in 10 years - do it, you'll save energy costs.

defazman

TRIBE Member
duh, they also don't care about the sick, homeless, immigrants, hugh jackman, teachers, nurses, police officers, retarded one legged hot people, the fact they forgot about mother's day, small businesses....

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

AdRiaN

TRIBE Member
I never liked EnerGuide in the first place. The articles were inane and the crossword puzzles were too easy.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

SJN

TRIBE Member
annec said:
:mad: From the Office of Energy Efficiency website:

Home Improvement
Important Notice
The EnerGuide for Houses program and the Retrofit Incentive have been discontinued as of midnight May 12, 2006.

Property owners who have had a pre-retrofit evaluation performed prior to this date can have a post-retrofit evaluation and still qualify for a grant until March 31, 2007, subject to the availability of funding.

It is suggested that you complete your upgrades well in advance of this date in order to allow enough time for your follow-up evaluation, which must be done before March 31 to be covered.

To book your appointment contact the energy advisor whose name and phone number are listed on the EnerGuide evaluation report that you received at the time of your original evaluation.

The Government of Canada will develop a strategy focused on ensuring that future generations enjoy clean air, clean water, clean land and clean energy.
Before flying off the handle, have you bothered to read the rationale for discontinuing the program?

Namely, that it was a money pit: out of the $44M spent on the program, $15M of it was for audits

jason klaps

TRIBE Member
SJN said:
Before flying off the handle, have you bothered to read the rationale for discontinuing the program?

Namely, that it was a money pit: out of the $44M spent on the program, $15M of it was for audits

I could be wrong but when they say audit... I think they are referring to the subsizing of the energy audit your house gets when you sign up for the program and then after you complete your repairs to your house. Ie. Instead of paying $350 for the first part, you pay $175, then when you finish your repairs they come back and measure your improvement which costs you another $50 which I assume is subsidized by the government again.

The reason why this is good, is because the report they give you contains alot of expert advice that you need to know to impove your house and reduce your energy usage.

I'm actually going through this right now.... hoping to get some good money back for the the improvements we made.

annec

TRIBE Member
Meowch! As you can see by the delay in responding, I'm not flying off the handle, it's just sneaky to just close a program down without much notice.

Most of the time, there would be better notice than this. That is all. Continue with your bitching.