• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

WTC replacement announced.

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic
awww shit. they just had to go ahead and call it the Freedom Tower.

très ghey.
couldn't agree more....the design looks good, the name is embarassing
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

fishbulb

TRIBE Member
PS. They should use some fancy holographic technology and have the Eye of Sauron up there. I mean really, who wouldn't shit their pants seeing that!
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by fishbulb
PS. They should use some fancy holographic technology and have the Eye of Sauron up there. I mean really, who wouldn't shit their pants seeing that!
ahahahaha!
 

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
That being said, Freedom Towers is such a dumb name. What I want to loiter, or pee in the plants? Double park? I don't think so.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Destiny Productions
The neat thing is that its going to have windmills at the top so that it generates its own power...
potentially 20% of it's power. pretty impressive if it does indeed do so.
 

DSV

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Destiny Productions
The neat thing is that its going to have windmills at the top so that it generates its own power...
WERD!!! As many of you may know, I'm all about wind power, baby!!!!

Is this thing gonna' be taller than the CN Tower? They say with the antannae on the top it'll go up to 2000 feet.

I think the design seems pretty cool, and supposedly it's gonna twist as it goes up. How cool is that?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

silver1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by DSV
WERD!!! As many of you may know, I'm all about wind power, baby!!!!

Is this thing gonna' be taller than the CN Tower? They say with the antannae on the top it'll go up to 2000 feet.

I think the design seems pretty cool, and supposedly it's gonna twist as it goes up. How cool is that?
CN tower is 1,815 ft, 5 inches
 

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by kerouacdude
actually, i think monstrous towers originated in Belgium
I think it was a joke on them americans trying to change the name of french fries to freedom fries.
 

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
d'oh!

there goes my reading comprehension.

I read it to mean that this particular building designed was done by someone from Belgium (or one of the "Belsch" as I like to call them).
 

Tonedeff

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Subsonic Chronic

I read it to mean that this particular building designed was done by someone from Belgium (or one of the "Belsch" as I like to call them).
both the designers are american (Libeskind was born in Poland)
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Top