• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Wtb: Snowboard !

Four Twenty

TRIBE Member
Either used and in good condition, lookin for something around 145-149 height wise, for a male, Please and Thanx !

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
I brother has a 145 Lamar.....can't remember the model name, but it's a decent board (before they started making shit). I'll ask him if you're interested.

Dan

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Four twenty, If you are a male and buying this board for yourself can I recomend you buy something at least 150cm or longer?

Unless your short (then I appologize for undermining you)

But I'm a girl, who is only 160cm tall (okay thats 5 feet 3 inches) and I ride a 145 and find it on the short side. When I buy a new board I'm buying a 150.

marcinm

TRIBE Member
my advice: PM todiefor.. last time i checked he had several AWESOME boards up for sale.. I woulda bought a nice pair of K2's offa him for real cheap, but had no $$ at the time :(

Marcin M :)

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by lucky1
Four twenty, If you are a male and buying this board for yourself can I recomend you buy something at least 150cm or longer?

Unless your short (then I appologize for undermining you)

But I'm a girl, who is only 160cm tall (okay thats 5 feet 3 inches) and I ride a 145 and find it on the short side. When I buy a new board I'm buying a 150.

haha, I was going to say the same thing, but didn't want him to take offense. For a guy, unless you are REALLY SMALL, the absolute shortest I would go is 149, but that's even short.

Personally, I'd buy the Timeless that's for sale on the board right now. SIck ride.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Four Twenty

TRIBE Member
LOL none taken, When i went boarding the first time, the board i rented was jus below/above my chin, I'm 5'9 and i found that the board was long enough, unless i totally measured myself wrong LOL, hmmm maybe i should go to the store to check it out, i'll do that ! and see how a 150 is like, THANX A BUNCH GUYS ! :) Any other suggestions please post em

"I'm So High, God said 'PASS THAT!'"

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
^^^ We're the same hieght....I would recommend a 155-160. I'm right in the middle with a 157. Also, if your feet are bigger than 10, you're going to want a wide board, so you don't get any toe/heel drag. Your weight will dictate board lenght as well. I recommend going to the Ride or Burton website and do the "board profile". It will ask you a bunch of questions and give you a board reco.

Good luck!
Dan

Four Twenty

TRIBE Member
ok did the survey thingy, the shortest board they offer is 159, i'm size 10 for boot, dunno why but i like the short boards, prolly cause better control ? hmmm i guess 153-155 is good, thanx for the help dan :)

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
I got a pair of size 10 Men's boots for sale ;)

And I ride a 153 Large Wide and I'm ~ 6' / 180lbs... it's all about preference.

pr0nstar :D

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Four Twenty
ok did the survey thingy, the shortest board they offer is 159, i'm size 10 for boot, dunno why but i like the short boards, prolly cause better control ? hmmm i guess 153-155 is good, thanx for the help dan :)

no problem. For Eastern Canada, I wouldn't recommend a 160 for your hieght. The advantage of a longer board is effective edge. This means that you'll be able to get longer, bigger carves and response out of the board.

i.e. If you pulled a big carve/turn on a 145 the nose of the board would start to plow into the ground, while a longer board would not.

Anyhow, 155 sounds like a good length for what your looking for. I know a lot of people who use to buy shorter boards for weight reduction and the ability to huck big airs easier, but technology has advanced so much that even the intro boards are quite light...I also think that theory is bunk. Anyway, Best of luck!

Dan

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders