• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

WTB: PC Sound Card

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Looking for a decent sound card. Don't want to spend a ton. Sole purpose is for recording sets. My current one blows.

Thanks!
Dan

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

OTIS

TRIBE Member
A soundblaster Audigy oem ($82new) should do you good.. it's analog inut sports a decent s/n ratio, perfect or recording sets. Even a SB Live! value ($42new) should be fine for sets.. people may have a used one creeping around. What kind of card did you have?

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by OTIS
A soundblaster Audigy oem ($82new) should do you good.. it's analog inut sports a decent s/n ratio, perfect or recording sets. Even a SB Live! value ($42new) should be fine for sets.. people may have a used one creeping around. What kind of card did you have?

It's a basic Yamaha card, std with my dell (that's 4 years old). I forget the exact model name (DS Wav, something :confused: ) . All I know is that I'm recording with Sound Forge, I have more than enough RAM and HD space to record, but for some reason my recordings keep coming out all jumpy (as though the cpu can't keep up). I know it's not my mixing :p , so I figure it's the soundcard.

Thanks!
Dan

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

zoo

TRIBE Member
go to any smaller computer store and ask for an OEM SB LIVE

mine cost me $30 and has every input/output i could ever need except optical

i've ripped tons of vinyl with it and it sounds great ...

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
Edirol (Roland) UA1X $120 or so brand new. It's USB and runs off windows drivers. RCA I/O and the headphone out on it doubles as a Digitial Coaxial out as well! Call Mike Labo @ DJ Depot he'll hook u up

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by zoo
go to any smaller computer store and ask for an OEM SB LIVE

mine cost me $30 and has every input/output i could ever need except optical

i've ripped tons of vinyl with it and it sounds great ...

Thanks! I'll pick one up tonight.