• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

WoW geek-thread

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
does anyone know if there is a keystroke for windows 7 to switch to portait mode, i know there was one in XP but its not the same for windows 7
Not sure why you're posting in this thread but Let me google that for you

Back on topic, haven't had much time to play around but spent some time flying around Azeroth to get an idea of the landscape changes from the air, and then started in on the quests in Vashj'ir. Whole zone is pretty cool. Nuts how the first EU lvl 85 took just over 5 hours...

Last edited:

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Back on topic, haven't had much time to play around but spent some time flying around Azeroth to get an idea of the landscape changes from the air, and then started in on the quests in Vashj'ir. Whole zone is pretty cool. Nuts how the first EU lvl 85 took just over 5 hours...
I thought that guy got nerfed back to 80?

I'm in Hyjal. Work is so busy right now that I don't have an opportunity to play much. I might have an hour in at the max, flew around Hyjal and did a couple quests. That's about it for me.

lok

TRIBE Member
My first 85 took about ~14 hours altogether, but guild groups and being ahead of the curve helped a whole bunch!

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
I thought that guy got nerfed back to 80?

I'm in Hyjal. Work is so busy right now that I don't have an opportunity to play much. I might have an hour in at the max, flew around Hyjal and did a couple quests. That's about it for me.
No he didn't get nerfed back to 80. Did it 100% legal, just with a lot of help. There was vid interviwing him about it all. He was getting GM's messaging him with congratulations.

I hit 82 and pretty much finished up Vashj'ir on the weekend, but have only put in 3 decent sessions since release. Looking forward to Hyjal.

I flew around Uldum and man that entire zone looks amazing.

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
i did that first smartass and there doesnt seem to be an answer anywhere for a shortcut or keystroke for it and I know how to change it in the settings already

didnt think this needed it's own thread
Did you figure it out yet? If not this was in the forum on the 2nd google link:

"You can setup a hot key to do what you want in the Catalyst Control Center. There is no default for it; there is just support for it. "

Though that probably assumes you have an ATI vid card. If your card is NVIDIA, I'm sure theres a way to set a hot-key to do it in the graphic setup options.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Started on some heroics this weekend. Seems pretty fun. I like that most instances have a couple mobs that you can dispel their buffs. Makes my Spriest feel useful other than nuking things to the ground.

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Started on some heroics this weekend. Seems pretty fun. I like that most instances have a couple mobs that you can dispel their buffs. Makes my Spriest feel useful other than nuking things to the ground.
Lot's of MC'able mobs too which shakes things up and puts a nice twist on the usual CC's. A SP in our guild was hitting 250k+ heals using one of the casters in Deadmines...

Our guild finally got the new fish feast recipe (requires fishing up 10k fish from pools), so nice to stop blowing through fish like crazy.

Raid bosses are definitely fun, that's for sure.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
Any thoughts on 4.1?

I've hit both instances ZG is super easy and ZA is a huge pain in the ass to PUG.

I got my 353 staff for my spriest. Just need helm and shoulders and I'm good to go raiding.

If only I could find some time to do that...

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
4.2 has been fun.

Raided in FL a couple times. Downed a couple bosses.

Starting to PVP a lot more since that's all my server seems to want to do. I'm brutal in 2v2, but can dps like a mofo in Rbg's.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I levelled my DK to 85 just with mining, used about 50% of the proceeds to level my JC on the pally and on the lock.

I do agree though, if you are buying mats, its damn expensive until about 350.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I'm levelling mining on my Pally and feeding mats to my priest. It just sucks when come of the gems that you need to level aren't dropping for you.

For example, there is no Moss Agate on my server. I have a ton of Wrath gems to cut when I get that high. But until then, I'm pretty much stuck unless I prospect a bunch of ore.

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
I'm levelling mining on my Pally and feeding mats to my priest. It just sucks when come of the gems that you need to level aren't dropping for you.

For example, there is no Moss Agate on my server. I have a ton of Wrath gems to cut when I get that high. But until then, I'm pretty much stuck unless I prospect a bunch of ore.
You are certainly meant to mine low level ore for things like Moss Agate and Star Rubies. Way way faster to just prospect the ore you collect. Usually I would collect and smelt for the bars I needed then spend another half hour or so just getting ore to prospect.

romstah

TRIBE Member
so i started a vanilla wow private server, this is the orignal wow before tbc (patch 1.12.1). anyone want to try it out let me know.

romstah

TRIBE Member
first you need the original client updated up to patch 1.12.1 then just change the address inside realmlist.wtf to point to my server.

romstah

TRIBE Member
i added playerbot, you can have each bot assigned a specific role.. assist, tank, heal, protect. im gonna go do deadmines later lol.