• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

WoW geek-thread

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Change is good, and I've never complained about any other patches before, but this is a bit too much change at once and feels more like complete chaos. I don't really feel like re-learning how to gear up and play a class at 80. Actually, no, not just one class, ALL classes. It's kind of a lot of information to take in at once. If I only had one or two toons, it wouldn't be as bad. Right now, it feels like I just bought somebody's account off eBay and have to figure out how to play at level 80. I have a feeling I'm going to end up playing my lowbies a lot more, because at least with them, I can gradually re-learn the class as I level.

I however totally agree with your second point about giving people time to get used to the new mechanics before Cata, because I was just telling my husband that exact thing last night. :p

A lot of the changes they've introduced are good. I just don't like the way they went through the talent trees with a hacksaw and are forcing you to put 31 points into a particular specialization before you can even think about putting points elsewhere. It feels very restricting. I was building my lock last night and ended up putting a bunch of points into talents that I didn't really want, just to fill up the tree.

Meh... I've been starting to lose interest in this game a lot recently anyway, taking huge breaks from it... I'll probably get Cata, play for a couple months and move on to something else.

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
I hear ya. It is a VERY messy, and I feel like they rushed the patch. Not sure if it's cause they can only test so much on the PTR and wanted to get things balanced in time for Cata.

I bet you'll find though that it won't take all that long to re-learn your characters. I spent about 15 mins on the training dummy in Org on my shaman last night, and feel like I have a good handle on my new rotation and they made some MAJOR changes to our dps mechanics.

What took me the most time was messing with my addons lol.

I agree the whole 31 point thing is a bit strange, but out of the 31 points for both Resto and Elemental Trees, there was only one or two in each where I was forced to pick something I didn't necessarily need/want, to get to the next tier. Pretty sure that it will eventually get balanced.

I heard Resto Pally's got the shaft though.

I felt the same way as you do now prior to Wrath being released, and took like two months off, but enjoyed it so much I played pretty consistently up until a few months ago. Being in a good guild helped keep me interested for sure.

Who knows, when Cata comes out, along with all these changes, it may feel like a totally new game...

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
I've downloaded and installed the patch, but my UI was so horribly buggered up I couldn't do much with it.

I'll have a go at it on Friday and look to see what's changed.

I had abandoned all my toons except my Spriest so relearning won't be an issue to me. I logged with my DK the other day and didn't know what buttons to mash and instantly went back to my priest.

All I have been hearing is how bad pallies got nerfed.

We will probably see some balance changes in the near future.

Not sure how this flexible raid lock system is going to work, might be a problem for me since I am guildless and only pug ICC.

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
If you're playing a priest, I think you'll find you have less buffs at your disposal now...

That's one thing that confuses me: they got rid of the priest spirit buff, and they changed blessing of Kings and mark of the wild so that they each buff all stats by 5% EXCEPT for spirit. What's with all the hate on buffing spirit all of a sudden?

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
If you're playing a priest, I think you'll find you have less buffs at your disposal now...

That's one thing that confuses me: they got rid of the priest spirit buff, and they changed blessing of Kings and mark of the wild so that they each buff all stats by 5% EXCEPT for spirit. What's with all the hate on buffing spirit all of a sudden?
Its due to the way they want mana regen to work in Cata. Spirit is being considered a rating (like hit, crit, exp etc.) more so than a main stat (thus being able to reforge it).

Spriests are really fun right now :).

oddmyth

TRIBE Member
Patched wasn't really rushed, things are always scaling improperly in the patch pre expansion. Same shit different year really.

Mattyson

TRIBE Promoter
My Hunters DPS is waaaay down. There are not too many resources on rotations, gemming and the like.

I can't wait till there's a guide to help since I don't really have the time to re learn the game.

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
11 days till Cataclysm!

Looking forward to my customers Christmas freezes which start around the 10th so I can get some solid playing time in!

Anyone else pumped for this?

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Nice. I've had this on my wishlist for a while now:

G19 Keyboard for Gaming

I already have an 8 button mouse and find it awkward to use most of the buttons in game. It's a lot easier to spam a keyboard key than it is a mouse button!

jmaggs

TRIBE Member
Where is the best pre-sale???

Future-Shop is offering a mousepad.
I was just going to order online via Blizzard. Already pre-downloaded the content for the Xpac. Just need to actually buy it for activation.

If you do find some good pre-order incentives let me know :D

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Just pre-pay for it online, it'll pre-download and you wont' have to do anything on release night. It's also only like 30 bucks or whatever.

lok

TRIBE Member
Adderall? Check
Gatorade? Check
Ginseng? Check
Pizza pockets? Check
Catheter? Check
"Strep Throat"? Check
25 Dailies complete? Check

Now all I need is to figure out someway to fall asleep at 7pm and wake up at 3:05 am.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
And to cause all other WoW-Geeks to sleep and not attempt to rape the servers.

$10 says servers will be almost unplayable for the first day.

lok

TRIBE Member
And to cause all other WoW-Geeks to sleep and not attempt to rape the servers.

$10 says servers will be almost unplayable for the first day.
The game has been totally playable at each expansion launch, dont think it'll change now.

Sleepy Giant

TRIBE Member
The upgrade was pretty painless. Felt bad for people with older computers since the number of characters at the flight trainers was insane!!!

Pretty cool to fly around Stormwind!!!

Was in Hyjal in about 15 minutes. For some reason wasn't getting xp from killing mobs or quests. So called it a night after about 30 minutes.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
does anyone know if there is a keystroke for windows 7 to switch to portait mode, i know there was one in XP but its not the same for windows 7