• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

would you pay $12.75/hr for a weekend in Vancouver?

octo

TRIBE Member
big family gathering in April in Van for a cousin's bday. i'm getting slightly harassed to go.

i can probably take the Friday off work. so i'd get to Van Friday at noon and be back in TO Sunday at Midnight aka be in bed 1am Monday.

it doesn't seem worth the cost of flying there for basically 48hrs. but my uncle made an interesting point. it works out to $12.75/hr for each hour that i'll be out there.

that seems reasonable right?

i'd get to party with a good friend i have out there on Friday night. then hang and party with the fam Saturday, then book it back to TO. one big deterrent is the thought of dealing with the hangover on the plane. i actually wanted to die last time i got on a plane after a weekend of hard partying.

what say ye?

Rage

TRIBE Member
It's a tough flight. I've done it many times. You don't think about it too much as it's in our own country but it takes a lot out of you + the time change.

Primavera

TRIBE Member
It's not a tough flight, lol. Done it like 6 times.

It's a 3 hour time difference, that doesn't fuck you up too much.

When I went to/from Tokyo with a 14 hour time difference, THAT will fuck you up.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rage

TRIBE Member
It's not a tough flight, lol. Done it like 6 times.

It's a 3 hour time difference, that doesn't fuck you up too much.

When I went to/from Tokyo with a 14 hour time difference, THAT will fuck you up.

I've just found that for some reason, the flight from Toronto-Vancouver-Toronto takes a lot out of me. Every single time I do it (1/2x a year for the last couple of years). I fly to Europe quite often and it doesn't effect me the same way.