• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Would you ever blow yourself up?

Chaos

TRIBE Member
If this has been done....Forgiveness PLEASE!

I dont mean to ask the question insensitively or anything, I'm simply genuinly curious who among you would ever consider committing such an act. What would it take? Do you believe in anything strong enough that you would lead you to?

NOTE: This isn't a thread about the vailidity of suicide bombings or whether you think they are right or wrong.

C.
 

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
Trust me I've tried, but I just can't reach.
*L* this is exactly how I read the title of this thread at first as well *S*

I was like, oh god, Chris, this is your first thread??? *wink*

adios
Laura
 

madnezz

TRIBE Member
but to speak to the question, yes, I would blow myself up if it was for a cause I believed for strongly enough, or if I'd lost everything I ever loved and was fighting for a just cause (in my mind).

adios
Laura
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Here's another question: Do you believe in something so strongly that you would go and kill people on the other side of the world?

It's all brainwashing, whether you use a gun or strap on some bombs to yourself... you've been FOOLED into thinking you are doing something good.

You know that American pilot who killed those Canadians? Do you think he cares? Of course not... only fucking psychos who want to kill people join the military... he didn't care who he killed, as long as he got to kill.
 

Chaos

TRIBE Member
Brainwashed...maybe

PostMod.

All the bombers are brainwashed and fools ? These people, some, children, women, men are willing to destroy themselves to better their cause. By calling them fools disgraces a whole nation and is completely ridiculous.
Go live in a refugee camp for 5 days, come back, and then call them fools.

C.
 

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
It is totally against everything I believe in.

I will not end my life by doing something bad. My whole point for living is so that when I die, I will be remembered for all the good I've done in my life. I want to be remembered for being a good person and no matter what you might of done in your life, if you suicide bomb yourself, you will be remembered for that.

And I will not be a Martyr either.

-Nick
 

madnezz

TRIBE Member
all of you who say that it's stupid and say they would NEVER do something like that haven't thought about it hard enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine ALL of your family, friends, community being killed, tortured or raped. You are in complete poverty because even your home has been ruined. You have nothing left at all- no opportunity for anything except to make a final statement, and all you feel is anger.

I'm certainly not condoning it, but I understnad 100% where these people are comming from.

adios
Laura
 
G

Guest

Guest
my life is worth a hell of a lot more to me than some fucking land, and there's no way I'd give it up except to save the life of a loved one.

as for what's going on in Isreal... I could care less. I'm sick of seeing it and hearing about it. Both sides are made up of idiots. let them kill themselves if they really want to.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
G

Guest

Guest
Originally posted by madnezz
all of you who say that it's stupid and say they would NEVER do something like that haven't thought about it hard enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Imagine ALL of your family, friends, community being killed, tortured or raped. You are in complete poverty because even your home has been ruined. You have nothing left at all- no opportunity for anything except to make a final statement, and all you feel is anger.

I'm certainly not condoning it, but I understnad 100% where these people are comming from.
It's hardly making a statement though, especially since it's happening so often now. If anything it's adding fuel to the fire.
 

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~dazed~
It's hardly making a statement though, especially since it's happening so often now. If anything it's adding fuel to the fire.
I agree that its adding fuel, but these people think that it IS a statement, and the fact that it's happening so often now is only a sign of how strong a statement it is to them. Not to mention the world is taking this very seriously, so in fact, it IS a statement. They're getting exactly what they want- attention.

adios
Laura
 

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
These people who blow themselves up are not martyrs no matter what they believe. Suicide is not martydom.

It's difficult to fight and struggle when you're dead. Living with and struggling against oppression takes more courage than strapping explosives to yourself and blowing up a Sbarro.
 

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~dazed~
my life is worth a hell of a lot more to me than some fucking land, and there's no way I'd give it up except to save the life of a loved one.

as for what's going on in Isreal... I could care less. I'm sick of seeing it and hearing about it. Both sides are made up of idiots. let them kill themselves if they really want to.
are you american?

adios
Laura
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

voytek

TRIBE Member
to how big? i could stand to gain in size, but i'm not into looking like deep during his highschool football years... not that there is anything wrong with that... k, he sometimes overdoes it with the tanning bed if ima be honest...

[100!] < -- notice how it's just a number now, the exclamation mark is only for the hundreds and thousands and bar-mitzvahs...
 
Last edited:

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
These people who blow themselves up are not martyrs no matter what they believe. Suicide is not martydom.
This is your opinion against theirs. You're as convinced that they're NOT martyrs, as they are convinced that they ARE. They don't care what you believe either.

It seems like everyone is speaking only from their point of view, without even considering how their state of mind is completely different from ours.

adios
Laura
 

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Would you ever blow yourself up?

Originally posted by voytek
to how big? i could stand to gain in size, but i'm not into looking like deep during his highscholl football years... not that there is anything wrong with that... k, he sometimes overdoes it with the tanning bed if ima be honest...

[100!] < -- notice how it's just a number now, the exclamation mark is only for the hundreds and thousands and bar-mitzvahs...
:D LOL!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Originally posted by madnezz


are you american?

adios
Laura
fortunately no.

I just happen to know and even work with a lot of jews and persains and I even see them fighting amongst each other and making racial slurs and what not. both sides think that they're right and won't budge. Frankley I'm sick of this shit. You try being around it every day and then you tell me if you aren't sick of it.
 

H2Whoa

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by madnezz


This is your opinion against theirs. You're as convinced that they're NOT martyrs, as they are convinced that they ARE. They don't care what you believe either.

It seems like everyone is speaking only from their point of view, without even considering how their state of mind is completely different from ours.

True, I have a different state of mind.

However, it doesn't matter if they see themselves as martyrs or what I or they believe. Martydom is achieved because G*D representative's say you are in Holy scripture - not the guy paying for and strapping C4 to your body.

The only statement blowing yourself up makes is that your life is so shitty that you are willing to kill yourself to end it instead of fighting.
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Brainwashed...maybe

Originally posted by Chaos
PostMod.

All the bombers are brainwashed and fools ? These people, some, children, women, men are willing to destroy themselves to better their cause. By calling them fools disgraces a whole nation and is completely ridiculous.
Go live in a refugee camp for 5 days, come back, and then call them fools.

C.
Can you read? Any moron who kills anyone, whether it's an American soldier with a gun, or someone with a bomb is a FOOL for believing in something so strongly.
 

LoopeD

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PosTMOd


You know that American pilot who killed those Canadians? Do you think he cares? Of course not... only fucking psychos who want to kill people join the military... he didn't care who he killed, as long as he got to kill.

You = Idiot.





:)d
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Brainwashed...maybe

Originally posted by PosTMOd


Can you read? Any moron who kills anyone, whether it's an American soldier with a gun, or someone with a bomb is a FOOL for believing in something so strongly.

what if a group of people decide they should kill another group of people. Are the recipients of the attack fools for believing they should try and defend themselves in order to live?


or did you prequalify the person in your statement as 'moron' on purpose, meaning that a *moron* who does something is a moron because the discourse has predefined the person as a moron? which..really is kind of redundant.
 

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Re: Re: Re: Brainwashed...maybe

Originally posted by Bass-Invader
what if a group of people decide they should kill another group of people. Are the recipients of the attack fools for believing they should try and defend themselves in order to live?
They are fools for believing that that is the only way.

Oh, and especially fools if they go all the way where they don't belong to "defend" themselves.
 

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by H2Whoa
Martydom is achieved because G*D representative's say you are in Holy scripture - not the guy paying for and strapping C4 to your body.
correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not too familiar with the religions we're discussing, but as far as I know, the scriptures imply that if you die in the name of those scriptures, you are a martyr.... and in that case, they have every reason to believe that's what they're becomming.

adios
Laura
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top