• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Would you eat here>?

kuba

TRIBE Member
So, this guy:

(not the most flattering shot)

will be opening a restaurant where they will sell food that is AFTER the best-before date but is still good to eat.

90% of people throw food out thinking it is a safety issue. For me I always check it out, smell test it, see if we got some nice green goblins on there, but it doesn't deter me from eating it (except sliced meats).

would you eat here?

New grocery store and restaurant to sell only food that passed its best-before date, but is still perfectly fine to eat | National Post

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Hmmm, i wonder if this place will be targeted for lawsuits when people feel ill. I like the idea (kinda), because i think people throw out their food too quickly (best before dates are not expiration dates). But that said, the conditions its stored under are also very important.

If the costs were much lower i think i would be tempted to buy food there.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I don't thikn they will allow for people to get sick-they will obviously do some kind of testing to ensure the food is good to eat or else they won't sell it. Best before is a massive sham here as we all know.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I don't thikn they will allow for people to get sick-they will obviously do some kind of testing to ensure the food is good to eat or else they won't sell it. Best before is a massive sham here as we all know.
Yeah i'm sure the store would be doing that, what i mean is when people buy it and take it home. If they aren't storing the food correctly, that could cause people to get sick and then maybe sue the store.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm, i wonder if this place will be targeted for lawsuits when people feel ill.
The could make people sign a raver waiver, absolving them of all responsibility for death, dismemberment, and injury.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Yeah i'm sure the store would be doing that, what i mean is when people buy it and take it home. If they aren't storing the food correctly, that could cause people to get sick and then maybe sue the store.
I thought it was to be a restaurant not a take-out grocery store.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories