• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Would it bother you if....

Operator

TRIBE Promoter
You went and seen your favorite DJ play and only used CD’s ?

As we all know there are many different types of formats in which DJ’s are using to play music. (ie: Vinyl, CDR’s, Final Scratch, etc…)

So if you go out to a party, does it matter to you or are you always aware of what format the DJ is using ? Or you simply go out to hear good music and don’t care what the DJ is using, just as long as it’s good ?

I’m not trying to open up a can of worms, but I had a coversation with some peeps regarding this and was just curious what people think about it.

lee

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

vench

TRIBE Promoter
personally I prefer vinyl but if the music is good and I'm vibing, the format it's in shouldn't really matter.

for the travelling dj, cds/final scratch is a much easier thing to travel with. instead of two big bags of bulky, heavy records, you can bring one book of cd's and a small bag of records.

the sound of vinyl is much nicer though.

vench

el Guapo

TRIBE Member
doesn't make a difference. the dj can either hold it down or not. the past 4 times I've seen Louie Vega play he's killed it using strictly cdr's.......

screw the purist's mentality. get with the tigga technology ;)

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Half the time I can't see the dj anyway, so what does it matter? As long as the tracks he/she is throwing down is good, that's all I'm concerned about. Unless the dj is a scratch dj, I'm all for whatever.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

Moe

TRIBE Member
I don't care what they DJ uses... as long as he knows how to use it and it sounds good....

Also don't use too much shit... I remeber seeing a dj using the tables, cds and final scratch... it was just too much crap to deal with for him and his mixing was seriously getting shitty

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Stephen Tremor

TRIBE Member
I would really like to see vinyl being played but I have no problem with cdr and other devices being incorporated... Not really down with a performance with just cdr's though.

smack

TRIBE Member
Who cares what format he's playing, its whats coming out of the speakers.

"The message is the medium" ;)

Bloom! Productions

TRIBE Member
i will have to agree that the format really doesn't matter. as long as the music is good and flowing. with that being said, i'd say that vinyl is the best medium to be mixing with.