• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Worst Prof/Teacher you've ever had.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Ever have a prof that really pissed you off so much that you almost feel like filing a complaint to the faculty?

I worked my ass off on this presentation for this one class, fuck I even went to a Slovenian Sausage festival for primary research. The presentation was clearly the best in the class, graphics, information, pacing, clarity of speech, and I only got a 2% higher grade than a group that sucked balls.

Not only that, he hands out a midterm test that's full of spelling mistakes, and the slides in his presentation are outdated by 3 years+ (eg. you would find a line like "And inflation is expected to increase by x% by 2003")

I'm prolly just being a bitch complaining about shit like this, but I know for a fact this professor is not qualified to be a professor, I pay good money to take these classes and all I'm getting is a mediocre experience.

:mad: /rant

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Dr Jenson

"Vut are you stupid how can you not undertand sis its a simple function. If you are not able to convert decimals to float 32 and show the byte conversion how do you expect to work in dis industry, I'm not hear to teach to stupid people get out of my class if you are stupid"

kid you not that was basically it!!

Dr Fong!!

The man simply did not speak english at all, his book was impossible to read and he was teaching 2nd year algebra

kmac

TRIBE Member
I had this total pervert English teacher. The guy was the biggest pervert in the history of perverts. He even coached the girls soccer team. Honestly, years after I graduated he even wrote me this pervy letter where he wanted me to explain in detail how I lost my virginty.

What a goof! Thankfully he retired.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Dr. Paul Boin

Even though you gave me good marks, when you spelt 'Irak' on the board, you forever shamed yourself.

That's what you get for doing a PhD at Windsor.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Ditto Much said:
Dr Fong!!

The man simply did not speak english at all, his book was impossible to read and he was teaching 2nd year algebra

Sorry for that. Algebra isn't my strongest subject. I actually did my thesis on speech impediments so I'm more confident in teaching people how to speak improperly.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Moez

TRIBE Member
He was a harmony prof at the Glenn Gould School. He was a composer and you could tell that he was merely teaching as a way to fund his composing. He hated every minute of it and let us know. I can't even remember his name now... I seem to have blocked it out. He used to yell at us all the time and call us stupid if we didn't know what a neopolitan chord was, or a German chord, and so on.

PIERRE GALLANT! That's IT! I fucking hated that man.

deep

TRIBE Member
Had the unfortunate experience of getting a PhD on their first teaching assignment instructing an elective philosophy of law course. Thick ass francophone accent that sounded like someone talking with their mouth full and letting food drop out. It's a good thing philosophy and law don't require a competent ability to communicate ideas or anything. The other contributing condition was that their education had absolutely nothing to do with law so they were basically learning the material one step ahead of the class. Naturally this produced a situation where every class would erupt into arguments involving the class questioning the instructor's logic / understanding. The instructor would in turn respond in highly professional ways like providing examples that involved "killing students". It got to the point where the entire class complained to administration about how the course was being administered.

I think it bears mentioning that when you factor in all the students at an institution the argument that "my money is paying your salary" is highly diluted.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Mr Lee Chong. Where's ila to back me up?

Picture the angriest, most incoherent man you can think of. Then give him a metre stick to slam onto your desk when he thought you weren't paying attention to the Alegbra he was trying to teach in engrish.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
My research advisor for a course I'm taking at Ryerson right now is a total disgrace. Sexist, lazy, indifferent.

Problem is, he's the director of the program.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
The worst professor I have had is from last semester and I presently have him this semester again for my tech design classes. This guy is constantly late, sometimes up to half an hour or more. He answers his cell phone during a lecture and then asks the class if we mind if he takes it outside. I have yet to recieve one assignment back this semester so I have no idea if I am even passing the class. Last semester we got all of our assignments back on the last day of class, so yet again I had no idea about my progress. Our class gave him the worst review for his class and he had the audacity to get upset on the first day back this semester because he was very "hurt by out comments." Obviously, he has not learned because he is still a shite professor and now this fucker is on strike asking for less workload and more money!!!!!

Amy_J

TRIBE Member
Vice Principal in highschool in Guelph. I don't even recall his real name, we always just called him Ned or Flanders. It was actually kinda disturbing how much he really looked like Ned Flanders.

Anyways, he was a total dick to me and my brother. He actually told my brother to choose between school and work cuz he couldn't do both, of course my bro picked work. I was in his office every day for nothing. And not just nothing by my standards, but literally nothing. Like I could be walking down the hallway on my break and he'd assume I was skipping and I'd have to spend that period in the office even though I had no class.

Last day of school before he transferred to another school across town he was bitching at one of my freinds about water balloons. We all got into it with him and he told me I was suspended, but I hadn't done anything and I was the only one he did this to so I dumped a bottle of water over his head. 5 day suspension when there wasn't even school. My mom called and had a huge thing go on with the Board of Ed and my suspension was taken off my record.

Not even 3 years after changing schools he was in similar shit and asked to resign, so I'm told.

supakeli

TRIBE Member
Mr Gerharty.

Consistently failed to mention major aspects of his expectations for projects and due dates, then when the entire class pointed out that he never spoke a word of what he claimed, he would call us all liars.

That and would demand we give to his favorite charities on a regular basis during the term and took names and amounts of those that did. That's fantastic, asshole, I'd love to help, but I just paid $24,000 for 2 years of this shit program and am a charity case myself. I wasn't aware my grades were going to be based on my ability to be generous to those in need at Christmas.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
Amy_J said:
Vice Principal in highschool in Guelph. I don't even recall his real name, we always just called him Ned or Flanders. It was actually kinda disturbing how much he really looked like Ned Flanders.
haha...we had a Ned Flanders too...Mr Leland. I swear the guy's voice was exactly the same. He taught me that there are 'many right answers' to an algebra question. Uh, no. There is one.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Wow, don't I ever feel like shit. I just found out the prof, who's the subject of my first posts rant, has a very sick daughter who's in the hospital for Leukemia. :( If I were him, my mind wouldn't be into the lecture either. Poor guy.

The Tesseract

TRIBE Member
Ron Alexandrowich
ADMS 2600 prof at York U.

this guy is supposedly the president of HRYPA or whatever the hell it's called. This guy was absolutely useless. Everything he taught, was in the text book. All he did was make overheads and talk.
Class attendance dropped to about 20% by end of semester... even then, that was on a good night.

Hamza

TRIBE Member
Skipper said:
My research advisor for a course I'm taking at Ryerson right now is a total disgrace. Sexist, lazy, indifferent.

Problem is, he's the director of the program.

wonderful!

joey

TRIBE Member
I was late for a cooking lab so i was 15 minutes behind everyone else. I forget what we were making but we had to grind some meat (wait i think it was cannolis) anyways, the teacher started to wheel the cart away with the meat grinder to clean it. I told him I hadnt used it yet and to give me 5 minutes. He said that is fine. So 5 minutes later I return to use the grinder but the teacher has in in peices and is cleaning it. I asked him why and he basically said "too bad, you put it back together use it then clean it again". whatever.. fine. But I was having problems reassembling it. I asked him for help and he said no I had to figure it out. We argues for a few minutes abd then he started to walk away... There was a garbage can 1/4 full of flour so I decided it would be a good idea to throw the flour onto the prof. He wanted to have me expelled but I went to the departement head, with witnessess, and he ended up being the one in trouble.

so thats my story

why not

TRIBE Member
had a fucked up teacher in grade 6.
saw her throw a large dictionary across the room at a kid, and she also threw a pair of scissors once (thankfully, her aim was shit).
she also picked up some kid's desk and threw it into the hallway, tossing the chair after it.
don't think the parents ever suspected how nuts she was, as she was friendly and funny with them.

nikki.classics

TRIBE Member
my grade ten religion teacher who made us watch a nice graphic, gory video of a third-trimester abortion. he also accused me of stealing a catechism. dick.

rhyss

TRIBE Member
my physics teacher in highschool who attempted to failed me and my friend because we "endangered the metal well being of students of the school". Don't believe me? We handed in all of the tests that we did and that fail turned into a 70%.

My AutoCAD teacher first year Interior Design at Sheridan. She forced me to take the course even though I had been winning CAD competitions since I was 15. What a friggin waste. I ended up being a free tutor for her class that year.

dyad

TRIBE Member
my grade 12 physics teacher had his phd and it was pretty clear that he didnt want to be teaching at the high school level. he was also obviously the type to whom learning had always come easy so when you asked him about something you were having trouble with he would repeat what he had just said word for word only m-u-c-h s-l-o-w-e-r. the idea of different ways of approaching a concept was beyond what he could grasp

since then its always been my belief that its the B students that make the best teachers, because they know what its like to have to work to understand

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
My Grade 12 english teacher Mr. Scott gave like, 10 of us alcohol poisoning in Rome. So actually, he was probably the BEST teacher I ever had! :D