• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Worst Places in Toronto: the 2005 BLACKLIST

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
ahahahahaha
i SO agree.

besides which i think they put something extra in it to hook people on it ... it's the only reason i can think of that people want it / like it so much!
It's affordable. You can treat a large amount of people without shelling out too much money.

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the Madison!!! So many people love this place and I don't understand it!

Anyway, I've been dragged there against my will several times after I swore never to darken its door but never again will i go to " the maddy".

the only good thing about it is the patio in the summer but it's not enough to get me back there.

i work there.
it's the BEST goddam job i've ever had in my entire life.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by synchronizator
i work there.
it's the BEST goddam job i've ever had in my entire life.

i'm happy for you.
but every night i spent there racked up with the worst nights out i've every had.

besides i never said it should be blacklisted. it's just not for me in any way shape or form.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by agentRC4

oh, and Quizno's too. I llike toasted subs but why do I need to take out a loan to buy one?
Just to top this I ordered one of their value subs on whole wheat and was told that whole wheat is $0.50 extra... WTF since when does whole wheat cost more than processed white flour... Just a marketing ploy for the health conscious.... I emailed them about this but have yet to receive a reply... Have stopped going there...

patio-d

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stan
Also, all you Ghandi Roti haters can fuck off and die, they are aWesome with a capital W. An ungodly amount of great food for a decent price. The only problem is their Medium spicy is not very consistant. Sometimes you can hardly taste it, other times, it's hot like surface of the sun.

There's a difference between being overrated and deserving to be on a black list, people. Black list is if they continually fuck up your order, rip you off or you find a band-aid in your sandwich. Ghandi Roti is NOT black list material.
YES! I totally agree with your analysis of the Gandhi 'medium'. It's so frustrating cause I'll get a medium that is too hot, then I'll feel like a pussy and have to order a mild the next time but then wish again that I had ordered a medium... but a proper medium and not one of their sneaky mouth burner mediums. Why is life so hard!!

ps... MoFo is bonkers. Gandhi rotis have all types of different flavours, each of them being varying degrees of heaven for your tongue. And to say they are worse than Island or Ali or Bacchus or whichever you mean, you gotta quit butts and get your tastebuds back!

:D

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patio-d

ps... MoFo is bonkers. Gandhi rotis have all types of different flavours, each of them being varying degrees of heaven for your tongue. And to say they are worse than Island or Ali or Bacchus or whichever you mean, you gotta quit butts and get your tastebuds back!

:D
Your mother is bonkers.

I just had an amazing meal at Pot Luck at Albion Centre in Rexdale. You come eat even a BITE of one of the meals here or have a LOOK at the roti that they're making and tell me that Ghandi's has good roti. I just had some goat and jerk chicken. BEST jerk chicken I've had so far. And the oxtail almost made me cream my pants. Wasn't bland like Albert's. Lots of spices and the good jerk sauce, not that fucking ketchup shit.

Your hotness meter is fluctuating, MISTER. :mad:

patio-d

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
Your mother is bonkers.

I just had an amazing meal at Pot Luck at Albion Centre in Rexdale. You come eat even a BITE of one of the meals here or have a LOOK at the roti that they're making and tell me that Ghandi's has good roti. I just had some goat and jerk chicken. BEST jerk chicken I've had so far. And the oxtail almost made me cream my pants. Wasn't bland like Albert's. Lots of spices and the good jerk sauce, not that fucking ketchup shit.

Your hotness meter is fluctuating, MISTER. :mad:
rexdale is bonkers!!

I ain't going way the hell out there just to eat some roti that won't be as good as Gandhi.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

synchronizator

TRIBE Member
i'm happy for you.
but every night i spent there racked up with the worst nights out i've every had.

besides i never said it should be blacklisted. it's just not for me in any way shape or form.

trust me, i know why you've had the worst nights out there... most people do... lol

mitsuko souma

TRIBE Member
besides, the guv / kool haus is terrible for SO many reasons.
why? i know every business wants your money but do they have to be SO obvious about it? their line up "organization" (oh do i ever use that word loosely) leaves a LOT to be desired. their management is the problem. they have screwed patrons so many ways over the years (come on ... you can't deal with letting people use bathrooms? you really need to have porta potties INSIDE the club??? and i could go on and on) that only a band i really really want to see or a particular event i really don't want to miss will bring me there ever again, and even then it's a very very very tough sell.
I 100% agree. One day i hope to be cruising at Loblaws and look over to see a gaping pit where somebody has blasted that eyesore off tha motherfuckingearth.

Spiritual_Thang

TRIBE Member
Beer Store at Gerrard and Sherbourne: can't go in there without feeling like someone will stab you with a used heroine syringe.

Golden Griddle at any location. Don't get fooled by their buffet specials. All their food is bad. Especially the pancakes. Check out Hair of the Dog if you are around Carlton and Yonge.

Daybreak at Carlton and Church. They make you wait forever for service, their food is not that great, and they have no A/C.

Apple Store at Yorkdale: worst service of all time. Manager is likely on some sort of hallucinogen. They actually talk you out of a sale.

nightcrawler

TRIBE Member
I am going to get some flack for this but...

The New Boa 360 Adelaide I went there for DJ Dan and it really sucked. Everything that was good about Turbo has changed. I dont like the DJ booth by the VIP area. I dont like what they did with the down stairs and i dont like the lighting set up. Oh did i mention that beers were $6.50 each and a Vodka and Red Bull is $11.50? Face it, this club is a hole in the wall and you have no right to charge that much for beer. Its a shame cause when it was Turbo it was my favorite place in the Universe. This place obviously hasnt seen a red cent in renovations since 1999.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Taylor

TRIBE Member
My Blacklist

- Toronto... all of it.

it all sucks.

the restaurants
the bars
the clubs
the stores
the malls
the buildings
the politicians
the businesspeople
the schools
the violence
the pseudoghettos
the tourist attractions
the subway
the transit
the trains
scarborough
north york
east york
york
etobicoke
toronto
rexdale
malvern
willowdale
forest hill
leaside
etc.
etc.
etc.

seriously.

the whole city is a wannabe NYC... complete with gat-strapping funeral-busting turds.

~Tesseract
You forgot about the Cold Toronto women.