• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Worst News Ever OR Photo Radar May Return

defazman

TRIBE Member
Fuck fuck fuck, something in toronto star about it may return, more news at 11:00. I can barely afford my insurance now, let alone after more speeding tickets.

Jennika

TRIBE Member
see, I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I don't think it's such a bad idea.

though speed limits may be outdated, until they change it it's still illegal and I'd rather have police out answering 911 calls than tracking down speeders.

somehow rationally the notion of an efficent way to stop people from breaking the law and reduce dangerous driving doesn't seem so bad to me. plus if doing that generates money so they don't ahve to raise taxes or cut social programs as much... well, again, doesn't seem that bad to me.

and if you can't afford to get caught speeding than there seems to be a simple answer to that.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
I hate to say it, but I can't really blame them on this one. Yeah it's a cash cow, but speeding IS speeding (and I've done more than my fair share :))

So long as they don't start dinging my insurance if I get nabbed I'm happy to pay a speed tax if shit happens.

The cops on the 401 etc have no chance to merge and track down the idiots who RECKLESSLY speed in and out of traffic during peak hours

I'll still be pissed if I get my photo in the mail though :(

Paul

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jennika
see, I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but I don't think it's such a bad idea.

though speed limits may be outdated, until they change it it's still illegal and I'd rather have police out answering 911 calls than tracking down speeders.

somehow rationally the notion of an efficent way to stop people from breaking the law and reduce dangerous driving doesn't seem so bad to me. plus if doing that generates money so they don't ahve to raise taxes or cut social programs as much... well, again, doesn't seem that bad to me.

and if you can't afford to get caught speeding than there seems to be a simple answer to that.
The law is an ass. So I break it. When I'm doing 125 and still getting passed, the speed limits aren't fast enough.

The reason why they want the photo radar back is not because of the oh-so-deadly highways, it is to generate revenue. Another sin tax, for something that isn't a sin.

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
the one good thing about photo radar is that with a radar detector you cen pick them up WAAAAAY before they can hit you.

They run on K and Ka... a lot of cops usuing stationary traps use X (laser) and that stuff is tricky to pick up less you been hit

for a couple bills...say goodbye to ever having another speeding ticket.

Additionally, when you get hit with photo, they don't hit your insurance as they can't prove who was driving.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Dirt Dawg
They run on K and Ka... a lot of cops usuing stationary traps use X (laser) and that stuff is tricky to pick up less you been hit.
Interesting.

Additionally, when you get hit with photo, they don't hit your insurance as they can't prove who was driving.
Very interesting. Maybe I should think more about this.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I agree with red-light cameras, as those wo go through intersections on a red are causing a serious danger to other motorists. This truely is a safety issue.

However, photo-radar, as stated up above is purely a cash grab. I don't even know where to start with an explanation, but there is a ton of information around proving how antiqueted current speed laws are.

Cheers ... Ian :)

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Littlest Hobo
The law is an ass. So I break it. When I'm doing 125 and still getting passed, the speed limits aren't fast enough.

The reason why they want the photo radar back is not because of the oh-so-deadly highways, it is to generate revenue. Another sin tax, for something that isn't a sin.
true enough but until they change the law I'll go for the speed tax before a ticket and insurance hike

Paul

KiFe

TRIBE Member
If they really wanted to reduce speeding (as opposed to using speeders as a source of income/revenue) they should just use the fake cutouts more often....

as opposed to spending more money on lame camera equipment.

These things WORK.

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lurker
true enough but until they change the law I'll go for the speed tax before a ticket and insurance hike

Paul
I had no idea about the insurance aspect to it.

However, knowing McGuinty, he'll screw us on that aspect. Probably.

Lurker

TRIBE Member

well, since with my new policy I'm the only one registered to drive my car, so the extrapolation is that if my car is being driven, it's by me...OR (even worse), why was someone else driving your car?

I don't need that hassle from the insurance people.

I just don't speed on major highways unless I'm surrounded with traffic and never in the left lane.

Paul

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
losers with small dicks buring around the highway in their tricked out civics thinking theyre in 'the fast and the furious' don't need tickets.they just need to continue to get run over by tractor-trailers,fine by me i call it natural selection,move on.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

defazman

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Worst News Ever OR Photo Radar May Return

Originally posted by Nesta
um, what about not speeding. it might help... maybe.
I tried that, somehow I still have 2 speeding tickets. But thanks.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders